RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Warp Items [VX]

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
    Warp Items
    Version: 2.0
    Author: Grafikal
    Release Date: 12 - 11 - 2008
    Last Updated Date: 11 - 01 - 2009

Version History

• 1.0 [12/11/08] - Initial Release
    • 2.0 [12/11/08] - Re-Release, Updated to RMRK+, and made the events thinner

Description

Shows you how to create items that a player can use to warp to locations by setting destinations.

Features

• 2 kinds of warping items
    • Easy customization

Planned Additional Features

Nothing at the moment.

Screenshots

Not really applicable unless I catch it in mid warp.

Instructions

There are comprehensive comments in the common events and map events.

Credit

• Grafikal006

Support

Support can be dealt with here in this topic or you may PM me.

Author's Notes

Under features I noted that there are 2 kinds of warping items here. On one hand, I have an item that allows the user to set their own locations anywhere to be warped to, and can be used to warp to (or set a new location) anytime. The other warp item is the same as World of Warcraft's Hearthstone. You can set locations to teleport to by talking to an innkeeper or a waypoint. Whichever. I included both in the demo. The waypoint is in the cave, the innkeeper is the guy you get the hearthstone from to begin with.

Variables Used

Variables: 536-541
    536:remembered Player X warp necklace
    537:remembered Player Y warp necklace
    538:remembered MapID warp necklace
    539:remembered Player X hearthstone
    540:remembered Player Y hearthstone
    541:remembered MapID hearthstone
    (NOTE: That you don't need all 6, you only need 3. Either the warp necklace or the hearthstone if you only want one of the two ingame.)

Switches Used

Switches: none
    (NOTE: I used a couple switches for nothing but the tutorial, you don't need them at all for the event system.)

Common Events Used

Common Events: 305, 306
    305: Warp Necklace processing
    306: Hearthstone processing

Item IDs Used
    897: Warp Necklace
    898: Hearthstone

Demo

Demo is attached[/list]
    « Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 06:11:24 AM by Kuja »

Rep:
    Level 97
    2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
    Demo is not attached. Do not lie to me - I see everything.

Resource Artist
    Rep:
    Level 94
    \\\\\
    AHH! You're a sneaky one. I forgot to add it while making another system which'll be up in about 10 minutes.

Resource Artist
    Rep:
    Level 94
    \\\\\
    updated for rmrk+ format