RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] VX Dash System

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
Forum Lurker
Introduction
This extremely simple event system gives you the VX Dash system

This is NOT RMRK+ format
I'm more of a VX user, I just did this in XP for teh lulz

Screenshot
Not really applicable.

Requirements
  • One switch
  • One common event
  • Conditional Branch.
Future Plans
  • None yet. Suggestions?
Known Bugs
  • None yet. Report one?
Process
It's pretty much plug and play. There are brief comments included in the events so take a look if you'd like

= DIY
  • Common Event
    The trigger should be parallel and set the condition switch to whatever you want to, name it whatever you want to as well. I named the common event and condition switch both VX Dash System.
  • Conditional Branch
    Open up a new conditional branch. Go to Page 4 and check Button _ is Being Pressed. Set the button to whatever you wish to, I'm using A (which is Shift on the keyboard), the default one in RPG Maker VX.
  • Set Move Route
    Open a Set Move Route within the Conditional Branch. Just do a change speed and change frequency. The actor's default speed and frequency should be 4 so just go ahead and change those to a value that is higher. For this tutorial, we're using 5.

Once you've done that, copy and paste this Set Move Route into the Else section of the Conditional Branch, however, change the value 5 to 4 in both Speed and Frequency.
  • Final Step
    Turn on the switch when you want dashing to be enabled and test it out.
  • Still having trouble?
    Check out my common event (with added comments)

Demo (RTP is excluded)Usage
Not required though appreciated if given

Features
  • Version 1.0: VX Dash System

Author's Note
  • None
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 02:51:01 PM by jcys810 »
Online Fanarts Protection - I realised it stopped updating, but I deem it a good cause to promote

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
I didn't really read this cause I'm running off of 34 hours of no sleep, but I assume you made it like "event on map, parallel process, condition:'press some button', turns on switch1, else turn off switch1 and normal run speed on"
"switch1 turns on common event1, common event1 player movement +5speed"

I'll look at this later when I can comprehend stuff.  :)

I like it though.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Looks very nice. I will look at it later, but for now I will put it in the database.

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
Forum Lurker
Quote from: grafikal006
didn't really read this cause I'm running off of 34 hours of no sleep, but I assume you made it like "event on map, parallel process, condition:'press some button', turns on switch1, else turn off switch1 and normal run speed on"
"switch1 turns on common event1, common event1 player movement +5speed"
Uh no.

I made it just use one common event and one autorun/parallel process (to turn on the condition switch).

You can turn it off whenever you want.

Quote from: modern algebra
Looks very nice. I will look at it later, but for now I will put it in the database.
Alrighty.
Online Fanarts Protection - I realised it stopped updating, but I deem it a good cause to promote