RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
"Stack Level too Deep" Error

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
ROFLBBQ
Hello! I just registered and figured I'd see if anyone could help me with a problem. Since this problem seems script related I figured It may go in this sub forum, if not I apologize.
Whenever I playtest my game I receive an error.

Spoiler for:
?? ? ?? 'Game_Actor' ? 124 ? ?? SystemStackError ? ?? ?? ? ??

stack level too deep

This error occurs at:

result.push($data_armors[@armor3_id])
In Game_Actor class

This error occurred after I implemented modern algebra's Composite Characters/Visual Equipment
As well as after adding the Diedrupo's Caterpillar Script (Which I had) compatibility fix.

I have no clue as to how to read RGSS2 scripting, so this error makes no sense. Based upon research I know it has something to do with an overload above the maximum allotted usage of memory per script. Of course I could be wrong.

I am guessing it is having compatibility errors with any other scripts I use or too many scripts are editing one 'class'. (Or are they the same? lol)

Anyway, if anyone wants to help send a post! I can give any more information as well if need be. Please help!

Other Stuffs
modern algebra's Composite Characters/Visual Equipment script
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,28124.0.html
Diedrupo's modification to Trcksters caterpillar script
http://www.rpgrevolution.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8040

Non-Default Used Scripts

Simple Mouse System
Mouse Input Module
Pathfinding
NMS 3
Visual Equipment Scripts
Caterpillar Script
Game Over Menu
Gold Icon
 KGC Script Library

Project Download
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nmyh24yminu
~Edited~
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 09:11:52 AM by Alkarion »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
It'd help if you could share the project with this error in it. If you do not feel comfortable releasing your project, then make a new project and recreate the error in that. It looks to be a compatibility problem, and you have a lot of scripts.

ROFLBBQ
Sorry, that slipped my mind. Uploaded via Mediafire. And thanks for taking a look at my problem :) At the moment with my project it doesn't have any events its story and such are still in development, as of right now I'm netting together the different scripts I'll be using.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Sounds like what I do when I make games. (o_.)
I like your scripts.
I hope you get this resolved. 

ROFLBBQ
Hehe, its kind of a new experience for me, I remember when I first started using RPG Maker XP I didn't realize how to use switches,variables or scripts in general, so I made a new map, the player was distributed to various different duplicated maps based upon choices they made. Overall it led to hectic results lol. Otherwise thanks for the support, and the reply :)