RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Now looking for single board moderators!

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
A great way to help keep a board you visit often running smoothly and also gain a foothold onto the RMRK staff ladder is by starting off as a single board moderator. Usually the positions are offered to members chosen by the current mods, super mods and admins, but this time it's going to run a little different.

This time around, if you think you have what it takes for a particular board, you can apply. After a while, there will be a set of polls and the RMRK community itself will decide on the new moderators.

Post in this thread if you're interested, say what board you're interested in and why you think you should be chosen for it.

The boards are:

The Auditorium
Community
General Chat
Elitist Debate
Video Games
Computing and Technology

Game Creation General Chat
RMVX (and subforums)
RMXP (and subforums)
RPG Maker 2k/2k3 (and subforums)

So, let's make history folks! :blizj:
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
If you end up the only person who applied for a certain board that doesn't mean you will automatically get it, this is more giving the regular members a large say in the process than letting them choose entirely by themselves, also there is a "moderation log" which records every action (and abuse) you may do, abuse results in you losing the position and having your changes reverted  :mad:
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful Troll2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
I'd like to continue moderating video games ;[

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
...tonight will be just another memory.
I'm interested! In the RMVX board.

RMVX has become my favourite rpg maker and I am currently working on a guide for it (on the program). I enjoy almost all aspects of rmvx, and I'm moving into the artistic side of it. I have experience as a moderator from a few old forums (made for a mmorpg I used to play), and can also check the board regularly as I do with the forum currently.

Thanks for considering me  :D
~Darico

(If you want any more reasons then just ask)

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
I'm certainly interested in the RMVX sub forums, in particular tutorials or resources as I have the best experience with those. Or I could also do the RMXP sub forums for tutorials or resources too as I also have the same experience with XP, but I enjoy VX more.  :)

Also, I'm most active in the RMVX tutorials and resources anyway. If you never see me anywhere else ._.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 03:23:53 AM by grafikal006 »

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Might I suggest looking for some mods specifically for Bean Bags as well, since it doesn't look like Arwym or Kashii are going to be active anytime soon?

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
I was going to suggest the same thing Zylos. :-*

Also I'd like to apply for mod of the Auditorium. ._.
:tinysmile:

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I'd like to moderate videogames because pretty much all I do is play videogames.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 07:40:53 PM by Strike Reyhi »

Rep:
Level 102
Forum wide mods, super mods or admins already can moderate everywhere, no point in those applying .-.

Holk or Zylos would have been great for bean bags, but now they're both mods so they can moderate it already =o
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
I know, I was just being silly. ._____>

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
I'd like to moderate videogames because pretty much all I do is play videogames.

I second this for strike
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I'd like to moderate General Chat please  :mad:

But really, shouldn't we just have talked it over in the mod forum and gave people the positions?  :blizj:
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
I think Chewey would make a good video games mod

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Can I mod Community?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
The only applicant I agree with is Strike. Mostly because he's actually shown a fair bit of maturity and is reasonable and friendly.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
The only applicant I agree with is Strike. Mostly because he's actually shown a fair bit of maturity and is reasonable and friendly.
"HEY MAN DON'T BUILD TOWERS IN MY CITY, THATS A DICK MOVE SWORD YOU CUNT, THATS NOT HOW YOU PLAY AGE OF EMPIRES YOU DICK MOVE"

Edit: Sorry strike e3e;;

Doneski
Rep:
Level 86
I play games with roph so he should let me have Video Games. :)

And I like video games. :)

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
I'll take General Chat, I can be a responsible person who can successfully moderate that single, generally lifeless board.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
BOE wants community. : )

Rep:
Level 89
I wouldn't mind being the Mod of Elitist Debate or Video Games

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
This is a good idea in theory, but some of the categories don't have people that would be apt mods. Pretty much everyone who posts in The Auditorium is a Mod or Admin already. Same with Bean Bags and Computing and Technology. The opposite goes for Video Games and General Chat, where much everyone will want to have power over. Also, nobody even wants to touch Elitist Debate, and I don't blame them. (Though it's been pretty dead lately)

I'd second Strike's nomination, but I'd also second Starfyre's and Irock's.
I also second BoE for Community, and nominate ahref for Computing and Technology.
If we're adding Bean Bags, then I think it should go to Rasse.

Rep:
Level 97
The only thing I'm against is having a mod for Elitist Debate. It's tricky enough to moderate it as it is and I think the current staff can handle anything that needs to be moderated there.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
i may rage while playing a game but i don't usually rage while discussing a game, not counting the GTA4 convo with irock because that guy is annoying to discuss things with sometimes. bridges made of wood, ramen, etc.

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
I would like to moderate the RMXP subforums. I've some skills when it comes to XP, and would like to help people around with the program. And I've moderating skills from the past, but I also have a small experience with SMF.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 05:06:49 PM by Black Shadow »

Rep:
Level 88
1. I second Black Shadow for the RMXP subs.

2. It would be cool for me to moderate the Game Creation General Chat, because I have a few stickies there, and its where I feel the most comfortable. I have some moderation experience from another (now closed._.) forum. Yeah I'm sure that just upped my chances. ::)