RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Crissaegrim ABS 2.0.5

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
Crissaegrim ABS 2.0.5
Version: 2.0.5
Author: Vlad (Not made by me.)

Description

Spoiler for:
An Actual Battle System allows you to fight without having to go into a pesky battle scene. (Like Kingdom Hearts where you can battle in game.

Updates

Spoiler for:
September 26th
New HUD 2.0

August 31th
Fixed the bug of memorized skills of the actors, now, every actor have your self hotkey, what can be configured in the script.

August 15th
* Fixed some bugs, including the bug of enemies don't die with paralell process event running;
* Fixed the bug of Boss HP bar;
* Included english version in the demo;
* and other little things;

July 27th
* Fixed the bug of enemies don't die with a paralel process event running;
* New system for damage of the eney and actor;
* Fixed other small bugs;

July 10th
* Fixed the bug of Boat and Ship;
* Addeded function to use SE in skills and Items Ranged;

Features

Spoiler for:
Highly Customizable
Skill and Item Memorization System
Uses an HUD to display HP, MP, Memorized skills and items.

Screenshots

Spoiler for:

Creating an Enemy:

Spoiler for:
Build on the map, an event with the following comments:

* Enemy ID (ID change the id of an enemy in the database);

* Erase Die: Deletes the enemy apóes event he dies;

* Die Venue Switch A: Active at The Venue Switch oo enemy dying;

* Die Venue Switch B: Active Venue Switch to B when the enemy dies;

* Die Venue Switch C: Active in Local Switch C when the enemy dies;

* Die Venue Switch D: Active in Local Switch D when the enemy dies;

* Die Switch X: Switch the Active X when the enemy dies;

* Die Variable X: Adds +1 to Variaável X when the enemy dies;

* Follow X (X change by the distance of vision of the enemy, for it follows a hero automatically if it is within your field of vision);

* Kill Weapon ID (ID to change the id of a weapon, so the enemy will die, if only given the weapon is used against him);

* Kill Skill ID (ID to change the id of a skill, so the enemy will die, only if the particular skill is used against him);

* Kill Item ID (ID to change the ide of an item, so the enemy will die, only if the particular item is used against him);

Putting the comment Boss, the bar of HP of the enemy appears in the center of the screen.

_________________________________________________________________________________________ _______________

Setting the script:

To change the key of attack, look at the script this line:
Right_Attack_Button = Input::Letters["A"]
and change "Letters["A"]" to the key you want.

To change the key of attack with the left hand and key on the shield, look at the script this line:
Left_Attack_and_Shield_Button = Input::Letters["S"]
and change "Letters["A"]" to the key you want.

To create a weapon, skill or items with animation, cut: Animate_Weapons [X] = [Y,Z] X and change to the id of the weapon in the database, the results for the prefix of the name of char attacking, and for Z The Index of Char. For examples:
Animate_Weapons[0] = ["_Attacking",0]
Animate_Skills[0] = ["_Casting",0]
Animate_Items[0] = ["_UsingItem",0]

To create a weapon away, cut: Distance_Weapons[ S] = [T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z] and change: S: ID of Weapon, T: Char, U: Index of Char, V: Speed, W : Distance, X: Time of waiting to attack again, Y: Ammunition 1, Z: Ammunition 2. Example:
Distance_Weapons[4] = ["$Arrow",0,6,5,30,21,22]

To create a skill away, cut: Distance_Skills[ U] = [V, W, X, Y, Z] and change: U: ID of skill, V: Char, W: Index of Char, X: Speed, Y: Distance, Z : Time of waiting to attack again. For example:
Distance_Skills[59] = ["Energy Ball",0,4,5,60]

To create an item away, cut: Distance_Items[ U] = [V, W, X, Y, Z] and change: U: ID of the item, V: Char, W: Index of Char, X: Speed, Y: Distance, Z : Time of waiting to attack again. Example:
Distance_Items[16] = ["Energy Ball",0,6,5,30]

To create a shield, cut: Shields[X] = ["Y",Z] X and change to the id of the shield in the database and Y for the prefix of char using the shield, and Z in the index of char. Example:
Shields[16] = ["_Shield",0]

To change the animations of enemies, cut Enemy_animations[X] = [Y, Z] X and change to the ID of the enemy, and Y to the ID of animation when he dies and Z to the running of the enemy's attack. Example:
Enemy_animations[2] = [13,0]

Downloads

Disclaimer

Spoiler for:
I, in no way, helped create this system. The creator's user name is Vlad and he can be reached from here: http://dark-crissaegrim.spaces.live.com/ Any questions and/or errors should be posted there as well. All updates were written by Vlad, therefore he fixed the bugs, and he created the demo.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 12:35:31 PM by modern algebra »
Q: How much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

A: As many as I tell it too...

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Thank you for the find. =)
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
I've used it for a little bit. I found a different ABS after using this. Though this one is highly customizable, I'm a stickler for details and smooth and this makes the game run slower. Every few seconds the game runs at half fps or lower for a few seconds then back to normal. It gets very annoying. That was before I even set anything up for it. Otherwise, it's a nice ABS.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
ABS stands for Action Battle System, not Actual Battle System.

other than that it looks pretty good.
I had the same issues as grafikal, so if I ever decide to force myself into making a VX game, I think I might try to find the other ABS.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Hey NAMKCOR, I'm using PR ABS. It's got combos :3
http://www.hbgames.org/forums/index.php?topic=56154.0

the HUD link is broken :(
but it sounds really cool!

nECRO I know. but this has been lost and can be found Here
------>http://www.mediafire.com/?qxy2ymyyyzw

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
I was just going to say this looks almost the EXACT same as Requiem but with different hud graphics and then I noticed that you just didn't put the right name... I'm not sure where you got the name Crissaegrim, but the demo I have for this says it's called Requiem...just sayin'

Rep:
Level 71
Looks cool but the ABS link is broken.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
nECRO I know. but this has been lost and can be found Here
------>http://www.mediafire.com/?qxy2ymyyyzw
Perhaps a mod could put that link into the OP. This link is functioning perfectly fine.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
It's a really great script the only bug I found is that you can attack while there's a message playing...
To fix the bug that you can swap your sword while there's a game_message scene you need to replace this piece of code
Code: [Select]
    unless $game_map.interpreter.running?
    if Input.trigger?(Crissaegrim_ABS::Right_Attack_Button) and @deffending == false
      @attack_weapon = @actor.weapon_id
      anime_hero_attack if @anime_attack_time <= 0
      if Crissaegrim_ABS::Distance_Weapons.has_key?(@attack_weapon) and @attack_weapon != 0 and @right_attack_time <= 0
        @right_attack = true
        @left_attack = false
        @skill_attack = false
        @item_attack = false
        @deffending = false
        range_attack_right
        if $game_party.has_item?($data_items[Crissaegrim_ABS::Distance_Weapons[@attack_weapon][5]])
          Audio.se_play("Audio/SE/"+Crissaegrim_ABS::Weapon_Shot_SE[@attack_weapon],80,100) if Crissaegrim_ABS::Weapon_Shot_SE[@attack_weapon] != nil and Crissaegrim_ABS::Weapon_Shot_SE[@attack_weapon] != ""
        else
          Sound.play_buzzer
        end
      else
        normal_attack_right
      end
    end
    end
on line 637 till 655
My work isn't really good because I'm just 14
year
My English isn't really good because I'm from Netherlands

Rep:
Level 66
Haven't been on for ages -.-
ummmm I got a problemo, when I try to play the demo, an error noise appears but no error screen. HELP PLEASE