RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
My First Time (haha)

Rep:
Level 84
OK, I have a some thoughts for a new rpg, but I'm not going to start it right now. The reason is I want to learn as much as I can before I start, so I can make it as good as possible. So what I want to do is give you some ideas, and recive critisism. I have read the do's and don'ts, so I hope my ideas won't be to terrible. Note that this is just planning for an rpg, and I am not starting to make it yet, but want to have it finshed in my head before i start. (I hope that makes sense.)

THOUGHT:
I get terribly sick of main characters. Sure, your character should be important, but your friends, WHO CARES. It annoys me that every character is such a huge epic part of the story, and when they die in combat you can just bring them back, and they continue on in their epicness. What i want to do is make unimportant "other's." Say for example soldiers that you can hire, or recruit to follow you. They would be weaker than you, because your a unique badass, and their just their to follow you. This would mean that they're subservient because your better than them, as opposed to a party of powerhouses that wold have no reason to follow you while you save the world and get the credit. If they die, you can't bring them back, but just replace them. Different areas would have different potential recruits, and maybe some hidden ones, like ninjas in a secret location in a city? Many different classes could be recruited as well, so priests to heal you and such, to make your party cusumizable, and suited to you, and not whoever made the game.

Well, there's my first rant, please say your opinion, even it's just a little one.

I know it's alot to digest, but here's another THOUGHT.

THOUGHT:
Game starts in a city, in which you are a regular citizen, minding your own buisness. The rulers of the city are incredibly dictatorial, and personal freedoms are restricted. You are forced to ingnore a tragic event, to save your own neck, but are wracked by guilt by your inaction and seek to redeem yourself.

I kept it short and sweet. CRITISIZE. Has it been done to many times?, not creative?, bash it if you want. I need an idea that almost evrybody would like. If you have suggestions, go right on ahead  ;D.

Thanks

Edit: fixed double post :D
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 06:54:09 PM by Doombird »
Words of wisdom-
Every fight is a food fight when your a cannibal

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
If you want to make a game, then make a game. Your first thought sounds a lot like TBS games, in the recruiting system. Your second thought is fine. Everything's been done before, it's just up to you to do it in an innovative way. I say go for it.

PS. There's an edit button, so you can keep from double-posting.