RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
1st 2008 US Presidential Debate

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
For those who haven't seen it  :)

bringing sexy back

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
vote nader

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
I'm voting McCain.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I'm not having a political discussion here, because my views expressed are not endorsed by RMRK.

Rep:
Level 96
I thought RMRK was pretty half n' half. : o

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Most Successful Troll
I'm voting McCain.

I'm not old enough to vote.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Alright then:

I'm going to vote for Obama, but not because I agree with everything he says. I simply see him as the lesser of two evils, like I've seen the past candidates of elections. Personally, I hate anyone who runs for any public office, because they're more likely completely full of shit. Someone once said, "The problem with the presidency is that only crazy people want to run." If it were up to me, we would just do away with the illusory, figurehead position of president. Unfortunately, we would be left with this: A group of bitter old people who only care about either themselves, and/or the US, and not about the world in general.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Ditto. Only I'm not voting. But if I were, I would vote for Obama, for pretty much the same reasons as you.

I'm voting McCain.

Yes, we really need a president who thinks that there are no problems at all with our economy right now.
:tinysmile:

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I will have to wait four years to vote ;p

Honestly though teen's my age really don't know shit about anything anyways.

"McCain is old, Obama is young."
and the usual other crap.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Most Successful Troll
I'm voting McCain.

Yes, we really need a president who thinks that there are no problems at all with our economy right now.
He doesn't think that, you moron. Both candidates are openly aware of the economy's situation. ~_~

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
lol I suppose that's why he's quoted as saying “I don’t believe we’re headed into a recession. I believe the fundamentals of this economy are strong and I believe they will remain strong.”. But whatever. You obviously know everything. Your facts to support yourself are staggering. :roll:

Rep:
Level 96
He's addressing the situation quite well in my opinion, at least according to the video embedded at the top of this page^-^
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 10:50:31 AM by Space Crocodile »

Rep:
Level 102
lol I suppose that's why he's quoted as saying “I don’t believe we’re headed into a recession. I believe the fundamentals of this economy are strong and I believe they will remain strong.”. But whatever. You obviously know everything. Your facts to support yourself are staggering. :roll:
He said that ages ago. What you quoted doesn't imply that he believes there's nothing wrong with the economy. It implies that he doesn't believe the United States is headed into a recession, and that the foundation of the economy is strong.

As arrow said, watch the debate. He's not exactly supporting your belief of him thinking there's nothing wrong with the economy.

Rep:
Level 94
Irock loses the debate immediately because he called someone a moron in his first rebuttal. I'm so proud of the next generation.  :-\

Rep:
Level 102
Irock loses the debate immediately because he called someone a moron in his first rebuttal. I'm so proud of the next generation.  :-\
Halo would do the same thing, you moron. ::)

Rep:
Level 94
He didn't though. McCain would be a good presidential candidate, but he's not. See how it works?

Rep:
Level 97
I wouldn't call someone a moron in a serious debate unless they were being a moron. And it wouldn't be my main point in my rebuttal, either.

He's addressing the situating quite well in my opinion, at least according to the video embedded at the top of this page^-^

Doesn't matter what he says now. He has openly stated he doesn't understand economics very well. He legitimately thought everything was good until he saw what people thought of his statements. Anything he says now is irrelevant because he doesn't know what he's doing.

He said that ages ago. What you quoted doesn't imply that he believes there's nothing wrong with the economy. It implies that he doesn't believe the United States is headed into a recession, and that the foundation of the economy is strong.

As arrow said, watch the debate. He's not exactly supporting your belief of him thinking there's nothing wrong with the economy.

It wasn't ages ago. It does imply he believes there's nothing wrong with the economy. The fundamentals of our economy aren't strong, they're crap. The US is headed into a recession. Anyone middle and lower class knows that. You can't realize it as well as those of us living it due to your age (i.e. you aren't having to make a living to actually have a place to live). I've seen the debate and as I said it's irrelevant what he says now because he has already said he doesn't understand economics very well.

Granted, this sort of backtracking shown by McCain is common in politics, but this is the kind of thing that makes you wonder why anyone would want him to be president (except for rich people, Catholics, and homophobes).
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 05:11:05 AM by HaloOfTheSun »

Rep:
Level 102
I wouldn't call someone a moron in a serious debate unless they were being a moron. And it wouldn't be my main point in my rebuttal, either.

He's addressing the situating quite well in my opinion, at least according to the video embedded at the top of this page^-^

Doesn't matter what he says now. He has openly stated he doesn't understand economics very well. He legitimately thought everything was good until he saw what people thought of his statements. Anything he says now is irrelevant because he doesn't know what he's doing.

It wasn't ages ago. It does imply he believes there's nothing wrong with the economy. The fundamentals of our economy aren't strong, they're crap. The US is headed into a recession. Anyone middle and lower class knows that. You can't realize it as well as those of us living it due to your age (i.e. you aren't having to make a living to actually have a place to live). I've seen the debate and as I said it's irrelevant what he says now because he has already said he doesn't understand economics very well.

Granted, this sort of backtracking shown by McCain is common in politics, but this is the kind of thing that makes you wonder why anyone would want him to be president (except for rich people).
I'm aware of the current economic situation, as I am living it, especially since my mother relies on selling houses for money. She hasn't been making any sells, and we've had to cut back on spending, massively. This isn't even relevant to the discussion, as I never said there's nothing wrong with the economy.

McCain never said he doesn't understand economics very well. He did say, however, "The issue of economics is not something I've understood as well as I should." over year ago, and "'m going to be honest: I know a lot less about economics than I do about military and foreign policy issues. I still need to be educated." in 2005. That implies that there's more he needs to learn. Both candidates still have more to learn, obviously. Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses. McCain addressed the economic issue very well during the debate, and he didn't seem too uneducated on the issue to me.

Whether the country is going into a recession or not, McCain is aware of the crisis. He's spoken about it, he knows it's an issue, and he plans to do something about it. His old views on things have obviously changed.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 05:51:44 AM by Irockman1 »

Rep:
Level 97
I'll work my way in reverse this time.

His old views haven't changed. They're still Bush's views. They're still the views that are sending the country down the toilet. He's obviously aware of the crisis now, after having it pointed out to him, but his plans don't help anyone but big companies and the rich. If he were elected president, I would no longer be able to afford the medical bills due to my disability because my medical insurance would be gone. Many many people are in the same boat.

Whether he addressed the economic issue very well during the debate or not is, well, debatable. However I would go as far as to say he handled it better than he has thus far, but that isn't saying much. His statement on understanding economics could be taken the way you have said, and maybe that's what he wanted people to think, but I doubt that that is (or was) the truth. That was also not something he said over a year ago, it was earlier this year. February I think?

And I wasn't implying you aren't aware of the situation or that you weren't in the same position, but the stress of making ends meet doesn't fall on your shoulders. Selling homes is not the best job to have right now, and that's unfortunate for you and your mother, but it will only get worse with McCain and that's all there is to it.

God I hate debates, especially political ones. I never should have posted here.

Rep:
Level 94
I just don't like that people try to compact their political beliefs into a bipartisan system. It just doesn't work. For example, I am much more inclined to vote for Obama, but I believe in McCain's gun policy more. Nobody is going to ever get exactly what they want, but that's part of the price of living in a democracy. Everyone has a choice, but they all have to compromise.

Rep:
Level 102
I'll work my way in reverse this time.

His old views haven't changed. They're still Bush's views. They're still the views that are sending the country down the toilet. He's obviously aware of the crisis now, after having it pointed out to him, but his plans don't help anyone but big companies and the rich. If he were elected president, I would no longer be able to afford the medical bills due to my disability because my medical insurance would be gone. Many many people are in the same boat.
You don't seem to understand. Bush isn't the reason the economy is headed to hell. Bush tried to prevent this from happening. The democrats shot that down though. If presidents had more power, I'm sure we'd be better off than we are right now.

Watch the entire video, sweetheart.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU6fuFrdCJY

Rep:
Level 96
Irock, stop the name calling.