RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Animated Parallax

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
It would be possible. I am not planning to do it though. Sorry.

Rep: +0/-0Level 57
RMRK Junior
Thanks for your answer, modern. Anyway, if ever you decide to do, it would be great.
Greetings!

Rep: +0/-0Level 45
RMRK Junior
Hi, looks like nice script (when you can get it to work : p)

This question may seem silly, but is this script exclusive for Rpg Maker XV and or XV ace, Right?

I'm trying to test it on a new project with RMXP and I get this message:

Script 'Animated_Parallax_Bk' line 98: Name Error ocurred. undefined method 'setup_parallax' for class 'Game_Map'

I asked if it worked only for the XV because I 'googled' if someone else got the same message so I wouldn't bother you. I just found some post of other people that tried the script and had some good results, I think. Also, rereading some of the post here it says the Script was made for VX and not VXa.

Anyway, I could eventually also use an parallel event changing manually the "panoramas" for each of the maps with that kind of animated backgrounds and perhaps use the "MogHunter Panorama Scroll" when I need that other script so it doesn't conflict with yours.

¿Any suggestion?

Rep:
Level 82
Hi, looks like nice script (when you can get it to work : p)

This question may seem silly, but is this script exclusive for Rpg Maker XV and or XV ace, Right?

I'm trying to test it on a new project with RMXP and I get this message:

Script 'Animated_Parallax_Bk' line 98: Name Error ocurred. undefined method 'setup_parallax' for class 'Game_Map'

I asked if it worked only for the XV because I 'googled' if someone else got the same message so I wouldn't bother you. I just found some post of other people that tried the script and had some good results, I think. Also, rereading some of the post here it says the Script was made for VX and not VXa.

Anyway, I could eventually also use an parallel event changing manually the "panoramas" for each of the maps with that kind of animated backgrounds and perhaps use the "MogHunter Panorama Scroll" when I need that other script so it doesn't conflict with yours.

¿Any suggestion?

Unfortunately, this script will only (likely) work with VX.

Because the differences between the three RGSS platforms are very different, a script made for a specific platform is unlikely to work on that platform. Not many scripts are capable of being multi-platform usable.

For a script, you will have to try to find a similar one already made for XP or try to find someone who is willing to translate this script over to XP. Alternatively, you can try to recreate the effect with events as you pointed out.
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

Rep: +0/-0Level 45
RMRK Junior
Because the differences between the three RGSS platforms are very different, a script made for a specific platform is unlikely to work on that platform. Not many scripts are capable of being multi-platform usable.

For a script, you will have to try to find a similar one already made for XP or try to find someone who is willing to translate this script over to XP. Alternatively, you can try to recreate the effect with events as you pointed out.

Just what I thought.

Thanks for the quick answer LoganF.

PD: If I don't find any XP Scripts to do the job and I achieve it using events or somehow a common event I may upload it or something (On the XP section somewhere of course).

Rep:
Level 69
RMRK Junior
I was just wondering if there was a way to set this up so that the an overhead parallax layer would also be animated, that would be boss, has anyone been able to accomplish this?