RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Some RM2K3 Patches I made.

Rep:
Level 84
Stand Tall And Shake The Heavens
Project of the Month winner for February 2009
Hey all! Recently I made some patches that make rpgmaker 2003 much easier to use and I would like to share them!

First is my PLAY EDIT + EXP MODIFIER patch

Using this, you can edit the EXP system in RM2K3 to any number between 2000 and -2000. This allows you do some nifty things, eg, you can make the EXP system like FF8, ie, its always 1000 EXP to next level, just set the PRIMARY EXP to 1000 and set the others to 0 and its done!

The other thing is that it allows you to EDIT your game WHILE you testplay it! You should avoid changing the database while testplaying (changes wont show up anyway) but you can edit everything else!

Play EDIT + EXP Modifier patch

Second is my GOLIATH PATCH

It’s named “GOLIATH” because I use a very high resolution and rm2k3 just looked so…. small. So I took it upon myself to enlarge it. And this is the result.

REMEMBER YOU NEED TO BE ON 1280 x 960 RESOLUTION OR HIGHER

I’ve included a log of all the stuff I’ve changed in it to hopefully make it better.

ENJOY   :)

DATABASE EDITS

HERO TAB

* Hero's name can be 30 characters long

* Experience curve can go between 2000 and -2000, which means you can make FF8 type of level up system, no problems!

* Skills, conditions and Attributes fields have been ENLARGED ;)

CLASSES TAB

* nothing changed

SKILLS TAB

* nothing changed

MONSTERS TAB

* Monsters names can be 20 characters long

* Max HP can now be 9999999 that’s about  ONE BILLION compared to the default 99999 (one hundred thousand)

* Max MP, STR, DEF, INT can now be 9999 instead of 999

* Max AGILITY can now go upto 255, because higher values will make the game ATB bars go REALLY SLOW.

* Monsters can now drop 9999999 EXP and 999999 Money

MONSTER GROUP TAB

* Trust me. You’ll LOVE this tab  :cool:

ATTRIBUTE TAB

* made so that attributes can go up to 2000 and -2000 ON ANY RANK. Yes, this means ANY RANK CAN NOW HEAL INSTEAD OF DAMAGE  :cool:

CONDITION TAB

* nothing changed

ANIMATION TAB

* enlarged “effect timing” box

* you can now make animations up to 9999 Frames long!!

COMMON EVENT TAB

* Trust me. You’ll LOVE this tab also ;)

EVERY THING ELSE

* nothing changed at all

INTERFACE EDITS

* Message box patch done

* Money/EXP remove/add amount set to 999999

* All Switches, Variables and anything else that has arrays can now be 9999 instead of 5000

* Event editor is now GYNORMOUS

* Item dropdown box in now loooooonger

* BGM TEMPO can now be really FAST or really SLOOOOW

And that’s it! Enjoy RPGMAKING!

Download Goliath Patch

And Lastly, I have the (for lack of a better name) The David Patch

By popular demand, here it is. The David Patch! Dude to most people here not being able to handle the Goliath, (because they have very small resolutions), they asked for little David to be their guide in conquering him. Now here it is, in all its glory.

This is the same patch as Goliath but well... smaller... xD

Download David Patch

Please note that the David and Goliath patches both ALREADY HAVE THE PLAYEDIT + EXP MODIFIER BUILT IN. So if you do not want the D&G patches, just download the playedit one.

Have fun rpgmaking everyone!

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature Member2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
I don't use 2k3, but those actually sound pretty useful, especially the play edit one.

Rep:
Level 84
Thanks! The playedit patch really saves a LOT of time.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
isn't there possibility of corruption and/or crashing with playedit tho?

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for April 2010
Not from what I encountered  :blizj:

Rep:
Level 84
Namkcor has to nitpick...   FUCKING FAGGOT

9999999 is not one billion, divide it by a hundred and you're closer. To an American billion. A real billion is more like a million million. ie 12 zeroes.

Is there any possibility of removing the patch after installation if one decides one doesn't like it?

Also, the links don't work:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /pubaccess/47608/RPG2003_David_Patch.rar on this server.
Apache/2.0.54 Server at gamingw.net Port 80

Ring any bells?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 09:11:57 PM by wcameron2005 »

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel

9999999 is not one billion, divide it by a hundred and you're closer. To an American billion. A real billion is more like a million million. ie 12 zeroes.

Is there any possibility of removing the patch after installation if one decides one doesn't like it?

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /pubaccess/47608/RPG2003_David_Patch.rar on this server.

Ring any bells?

-A real billion is 1,000,000,000. One thousand million, not a million million.

-You wouldn't divide 9999999 by anything to get a billion, since it is a smaller number.

-The only "FUCKING FAGGOT" in this thread right now is you, because you have 4 posts and are being a dick to someone who has earned much more respect than you could ever hope to.

-gtfo

Ring any bells?

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature Member2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
1 000 000 000 = American
1 000 000 000 000 = British

Which was what he was referring to

Anyway, do you have some sort of history with NAM Mr. wcCameron?

Because you're an asshole.

Also, you're nitpicking way more with your 9999999 vs. billion thing.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 11:55:48 PM by modern algebra »

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant

Forbidden

Ring any bells?
Who the fuck are you?

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Funniest Member
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
lol what just happened here?

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
lol what just happened here?

The first user with four posts to be nominated faggot of the year.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
anyway, returning to the point. this seems useful.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
it does, however I'm still curious as to corruption/crashing dealing with the playedit addon.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Since you say you made them, I guess you're the right person to ask whether you'd like them added to the homepage? =)
bringing sexy back

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Holy wow this is amazing ;-;
:taco: :taco: :taco:

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Back to topic. I love you Aten, you're awesome. Together, we can start the Rm2k3 revolution and sacrifice you if we must!

But seriously, awesome =D
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 84
haha, wow, what happened D:

Anyway, yeah, sure thing Roph, go ahead and add it to the front page :D

And guys, my bad, I made a typo on the 1 billion thing, (its actually 10 million) wandering mind and whatnot :p

BTW:

the playedit WILL NOT cause you any type of corruption at all. I've been using this ever since I made it, and I've finished 2 fullgames ans 3 or 4 minigames using this, no problem. I hope you try it :)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 04:25:11 AM by Aten »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
well I don't personally use 2k3 ^-^;;

but this is still really cool :D

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
I personally DO use rm2k3.

They're fine for starters :P
Arlen is hot.

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
What?

You didn't want to start the rm2k3 revolution with me?  ;9

Spoiler for:
Lol i need to start making things before i can say that >.>

Rep:
Level 84
Fir anyone getting an error while downloading, the patch is hosted over at GamingW. You might have to go to its page to download it properly.

http://www.gamingw.net/forums/index.php?topic=73906.0

This should work :) Link at the bottom of first post.

Rep: +0/-0Level 85
Om nom nom nom
Hello, this looks really awesome and I want to try it, but before I do that, this is my stupid question of the night.

By using these patches, will any of my current projects be altered? Like some events not work anymore? Any custom sprites go poof and need to be reobtained? I'm guessing not because no one else is curious. I've just never dealed with patches for this so I'm unaware of the specifics.

Thanks. :]

-Kojinus

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for April 2010
IT shouldn't affect your game in any way

pokeball NPCOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 84
Asking you to rescue princesses since '05
Hey, I kinda was wondering how to download the Patch, so I did the whole Save option when it asked, and then I unzipped into a folder marked "RPG Patch" on my desktop, and inside was an icon labeled "RPG2003" with the castle, just like the one for normal RPG Maker 2003, but when I double click it just says
Unhla32.dll not found.
Any help?
Why do 1 lined nameless NPCs never get taken seriously?