RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[2k3] The Legend of Zelda: Necklace of Elements

Rep:
Level 84
Project of the Month winner for April 2009
Hello everyone!

I'm new here, but not on the world of RPGMaking; actually I've been a Maker for over 4 years or so.

I'm a huge fan of Zelda (who isn't x3), and since one day I realized I hadn't played a worthy Zelda fangame for RPGMaker I decided to finally leave all my projects and ideas and start this one.

I've been working on it, and lately I've been wanting to promote it's development to get points of view and maybe a hand.
Not that I can't continue with the game, since I'm working on it and progressing at good speed, just a little hand on the graphics part.

Well, I'm gonna stop writting now and finally introduce the game to you.

I hope you like the info.

The Legend of Zelda: Necklace of Elements
by LinkMasTer

Name: The Legend of Zelda: Necklace of Elements
Platform: RPG Maker 2003
Starting Date: 19/March/2008
Style: RPG/Adventure
Creator: LinkMasTer
Oncoming Date: 01/Enero/1986
Download: [See downloads section]
Webpage: http://linkmaster007.webs.com
Forums: http://tloznoe.foroactivo.com/

:: STORY ::

Starting Note: In the end it's the typical -Antagonist kidnaps princess, protagonist goes after her, kills antagonist, rescues princess-. But it promises to be a story full of incómistrygnitas, surprises and unexpected turns that will give the game a valuable experience.

According to the legend, in the world a power as huge as the stars existed, capable of making unbelievable things real, a power that couldn't be given to only one being, the TriForce.
Divided in three shards, each one representing a different virtue, Power, Wisdom and Courage.
But the greed of one person lead the world to destruction, the holder of the Power Shard wanted the whole TriForce, kidnapping the holder of the Wisdon Shard and waiting patiently the to third, Courage.
Ganon, holder of Power, was defeated by Link, the hero of Hyrule holder of Courage, and rescuing Zelda, the princess of Hyrule holder of Wisdom.

We are in Hyrule Town, a little town that ows it's name to thatold legend. Every 15 years a Festival is held, in which a play is performed about the journey that Link started to rescue Zelda from the hand of evil Ganon. Two teenagers are chosen to perform the princess and the hero's roles, from Hyrule itself or its suroundings. Fortunately the chosen one is you, acting like the hero onthe Festival, and the young lady chosen is the princess of Hyrule Town, that, since her parents knew her age will beperfectfot Hyrule's Festival, named her as the legend, Zelda.

Unfortunately, a rumor that was spreading on everyone's ears was true, Zelda posseses the real TriForce of Wisdom, but Hyrule is not the only one who knows....
The Festival goes on naturaly, until weird things start to happen, no one knows what's going on, and just int the worst moment...........[To be continued in the Demo].

:: CHARACTERS ::

Link: Our hero, a common young man that had the luck to act as the Hero of Hyrule. He'll discover that he wasn't as common as he thought and the peace of the world is on his hands.

Inner Link: Our hero posses a weird but familiar voice, which will help him in his adventure, it seems to be the actual Hero of Time, who lays on the TriForce of Courage.

Zelda: Hyrule's Princess, daughter of the Kings. Her parents knowing her age will be the proper one for the Festival, they named her after the princess of the legend, holder of the TriForce of Wisdom, which, as told in the legend, will bring her troubles.

Navi: The Fairy of the famous hero Link, companion in his adventures, the legend doesn't tell that she was sealed along with Hyrule, Link will save her, and after finding out the legend is repeating she'll help him.

:: MUSIC & GRAPHICS ::

The music is mainly from Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask.
Sound effects from Ocarina of Time.
Graphics are a compilation of several Spriters, proper credit will be given, with my editing, maps are variated, but trying to do something different from the usual Zelda fangames of RPGMaker, map graphics are not from the SNES, GBA or DS games, are a compilation of some RPG-style, semi-front view y not upper view.
Menu, hearts, buttons, etc graphics were ripped from the GBA and DS games (Minish Cap and Phantom Hourglass).

:: ENGINES ::

Custom Menu System, with several menues available as the game is played.
Custom Battle System, you'll find abit of everything, to make the game more variated and avoid ending up in something boring and allowing to manage enemy difficulties.

It'll have Action RPG, Lateral Action RPG (a thing I came up to, not new on RPGMaker, I suppose, but new for me) and more.
Puzzles and Minigames with sidequests to achieve 100% completition, and the posibility to play this aspects again in order to "break records".
Tentative Multiplayer Battle System, VS. style in which two players will be able to faceeach other in any battle or puzzle modality.
Uses PowerMode and tries to explote it as much as possible, withouth ending up in game complexity or uncomfortability.
Heart-based LifeBar, with the posiblity of expanding it by collecting Heart Pieces.
Real-time game Buttons for Actions, Attacking, Defending and Running, and two extras for Menu Items.

:: SCREENS & VIDEOS ::

Note: I know the texts in the Screens and the Videos are in spanish (I'm Mexican so I'm making a spanish game). But the Demo and the final game are gonna be in Spanish/English.

Screens:
Spoiler for:

Main Title (Customized + Animated)

Election Menu

Talking to a vendor in Hyrule Town.

Talking to a guard in Hyrule Town.

In Hyrule Town's introduction.

Videos:
1. Intro and the first 8 minutes of the game.

Direct link to video.

2. Teaser #1

Direct link to video.

:: DOWNLOADS ::
The demo download contains all the complete data, besides that individual downloads are attached in case someone needs a specific file and doesn't want to download the whole demo again.

• The Legend of Zelda: Necklace of Elements [Demo 1.0] [57.21Mb] [MediaFire] [RapidShare]
    The main download, includes everything to be ready and play. It contains the game installer, install instructions, booklets, general documentation and Wallpapers.
  • Instructivo de Juego [2.6Mb]
    Game Booklet in Spanish as PDF (included in the installer).
  • Game Booklet [2.34Mb]
    Game Booklet in English as PDF (included in the installer).
  • Wallpapers [0.92Mb]
    Wallpapers made from drawings and images from the game. Size of 1024*768 and JPG format (included in the installer).
    Name Testing [2.5Mb]
    A small try of the Custom Name Election System, works using the Keyboard.
:: AUTHOR'S COMMENTS ::

[Story]
In the beginning I know the story doesn't seem to be bright enough, not at least because it edns up in the typical RPG, but I really promise to give the story the needed deepness to avoid the game to be boring and stupid, besides I'm trying to give everything a "reason to be", I don't likethings happening 'just because'.

[Controls]
By using PowerMode I'm exploiting the possibility touse the whole Keyboard, I'm focusing on adding several buttons, but really intuitive, not hard to use and trying to avoid them to be uncomfortable. Besides I'll not offer everything all together, little by little new buttons will be added during the game with their propper explanation.

[Menu]
I got it all figured out, and I'm workingon it [like 50% so far since the game doesn't require more]. The Menu, just like controls, will be intuitive, easy to use and gradual, meaning you'll be having "more menu" as the game goes on, this way the player won't know what he can collect until the complete menu is unlocked.

[Gameplay]
Leaving aside the classic Zelda mapping for portable consoles and RPGMaker I'm making it more RPG than Adventure, maps will be variated and I promise to do my best on what mapping concerns.

Besides, I try to keep an aspect that it's pretty damn important to me, the little detail that Link does not pronounces a single word (or text xP) at all, he never speaks. He does everything through noises or movement, this way I try to stay as close as I can to this amazing videogame saga.

[Battle Mode]
Working on my Lateral ARPG, to give the game a new, different and nice experience, I'll use different Custom Battle Systems to avoid making it boring and to make some enemies harder than others.

I hope you all like what I showed, please visit the Webpage for more info.

Dew.~

Arigatou.~
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 03:46:31 PM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 85
[s][s]twat[/s][/s]
I don't like your title screen. Why should I bother clicking on the "spoilers" to see the shots? It'd be a waste of my bandwidth! And seeing as I'm way better at game making than you, why don't you just get off the forum?

In case you hadn't guessed, this is my attempt at trying to get people to understand what kind of effect a negative response can have on a guy's first post.
http://billybullshot.blogspot.com

Go here and play my game.

Rep:
Level 89
Looks interesting to me, might check it out more when im not at collage

I don't like your title screen. Why should I bother clicking on the "spoilers" to see the shots? It'd be a waste of my bandwidth! And seeing as I'm way better at game making than you, why don't you just get off the forum?

In case you hadn't guessed, this is my attempt at trying to get people to understand what kind of effect a negative response can have on a guy's first post.

Your a douche, shut the fuck up, seriously, least this guy put effort into what he did unlike you.

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007

Get the fuck out of this thread if don't have anything worthy to say.

LinkMasTer@ Ingore Billy Bullshot. This looks way better then other Zelda Fan games out there. I can't wait for a translation of this. The mapping is good, and I love the graphics. Great job =)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 11:44:10 AM by The Shadow »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Yeah, I think it's looking pretty damn good :)
Custom Menus and such in 2k3 get big points in my book.

I'mma watch the teaser when I'm not at work.

yeah see...thing is....you're not.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
I definitely like what I see here. I'll check out the teaser soon. Keep up the good work!

Rep:
Level 84
Thanks a lot for all your comments guys.

I'm gonna keep the site updated with several News and ScreenShots as I keep making the game.

And yeah, comments from people like Billy Bullshot go straight to my bathroom so I can clean my ass with them. Just a destructive opinion from an angry teenager who doesn't have anything elseto do but trying to pick on people. I just don't care about those kind of comments and move on.

I'll keep you guys informed about new ScreenShots and Videos, besides, I'm looking forward to release a Beta of the game, maybe the first 30 minutes so you can check the Gameplay, Menu, Music, Sounds, Mapping, etc. If I do it, I'll let everyone know.

Any Graphers [not sure that's the actual word] that would like to help the project by chance?

PS. I'm sorry my english is not perfect, as I said before, I'm Mexican. xP

Dew.~

Arigatou.~

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
And yeah, comments from people like Billy Bullshot go straight to my bathroom so I can clean my ass with them. Just a destructive opinion from an angry teenager who doesn't have anything elseto do but trying to pick on people. I just don't care about those kind of comments and move on.

good way to look at it.  He's just on a rampage because people are telling him why his game is bad and what he could do to fix it.

I'll be sure to keep my eyes on this one :D

edit: split off the spam.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 07:10:58 PM by NAMKCOR »

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
This actually looks good O:!

That and i'm listening to OOT music right now so it looks even better.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Why should I bother clicking on the "spoilers" to see the shots? It'd be a waste of my bandwidth!

Spoilers are contained inside DIVS with a CSS display attribute set by default to "none". The button just toggles that attribute via javscript.

tl;dr: content inside spoilers is loaded whether you open it or not.
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
This looks really nice. I read the title and I was like "baww, another fan game, this is going to be stupid" but then I saw this and was like "this is neat"

And I fixed your Youtube tags for you. e3e;

Code: [Select]
[u]Videos:[/u]
[youtube=425,350]1IQ2pfEoAIw[/youtube]
[url=1IQ2pfEoAIw]Direct link to video.[/url]

2. Teaser #1
[youtube=425,350]vCH5rNxlNAA[/youtube]
[url=vCH5rNxlNAA]Direct link to video.[/url]

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer

I knew I saw those tiles somewhere
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

pokeball zxmOfflineMale
Astronaut Raticate Banana
Rep:
Level 92
Pineapple Line Colour
AH this looks bomb!

Rep:
Level 84
Thank you guys.

I'm really happy to be developing this project, I have big hopes on it.

@Anski: Yeah, the Chipsets/CharSets/Etc are a compilation from Chrono Trigger, Terranigma and more games. Actually, Link's sprite was made by a Spriter named OldSkoolMario, and he based on Chrono's sprite to do it, which is awesome btw, of course I'll give propper credit in the game.

I really wanted to leave behind the usual Zelda FanGames style, I've seen Upper-View mapping and resources way too much, wanted to do something different but worth it.

@Irockman1: Yeah, I've been told the same before, and I pretty much been in the same position several times.
Thanks a lot for fixing the YouTube's code, I didn't know that was the correct way of doing it. xP

Dew.~

Arigatou.~
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 02:23:27 AM by LinkMasTer »

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
Oh, er, I broke your links. ._.

Code: [Select]
[u]Videos:[/u]
[youtube=425,350]1IQ2pfEoAIw[/youtube]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IQ2pfEoAIw]Direct link to video.[/url]

2. Teaser #1
[youtube=425,350]vCH5rNxlNAA[/youtube]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCH5rNxlNAA]Direct link to video.[/url]

Rep:
Level 84
Fixed again. xP

Actually, I used the direct links since I didn't know how to show the vids here. xP

Remember to visit the site to be updated since I'm releasing an Alpha of the game soon.

And check out the Name Testing  download.

Dew.~

Arigatou.~
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 06:22:39 AM by LinkMasTer »

Rep:
Level 84
Well, just to show some new Screenshots and a Video, both are about the Custom Shop System I made and that's gonna be used in the game; and a little peek to the Item and Equipment Menu.

Spoiler for:

And the vid:

Direct link to Video [in case you wanna post a comment or so]

I hope you all like it.

Dew.~

Arigatou.~

Rep:
Level 102
Well, just to show some new Screenshots and a Video, both are about the Custom Shop System I made and that's gonna be used in the game; and a little peek to the Item and Equipment Menu.

Spoiler for:

And the vid:

Direct link to Video [in case you wanna post a comment or so]

I hope you all like it.

Dew.~

Arigatou.~

Oh come on, that's just too amazing.

The only thing I can recommend is stopping the music when the "got item" sound effect plays.

Rep:
Level 84
Good suggestion.

I kept wondering about doing that, but now I think I will for sure, so you can hear the sound better, thank you.

Dew.~

Arigatou.~

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
It's awesome. Very nicely evented.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
my jaw literally hit the floor.
that's amazing.

pokeball Sx2OfflineMale
Rep:
Level 85
UltimaKirby
dude this looks awesome!
I can't wait

And if u need any help with English I bet me or any other native English speaker would be more then willing to help you.

Title screen looks awesome!

One question though:

How in the world did u do this in 2003(since there are no scripts) u r the man.....

I this turns out good(like I know it will) you'll be my number 3 hero right Under Kirby and Chuck Norris
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Kirby Player
Brawl Code - 1375-6864-5199
PM to Brawl me

Rep:
Level 84
Thx a lot.

Yeah, I can't beat Chuck Norris~ [j/k]

Uhm, well, I use something called Power Mode. It was released some time ago, it's some sort of Add-On for  RM2k3, which allows to do a couple of things: using the whole Keyboard, Mouse, rotate images certain degrees, jump the title screen, call the Load-Game Screen and more. It's awesome, it brought life back to RM2k3.

I </3 RMXP and Scripts.

Actually, I'm about to finish a Barrel-balancing MiniGame using the Image Rotation of PowerMode, I can record a video of the MiniGame so you can check out the way it works; and at the same time I'll have a new video of the project. xP

Dew.~

Arigatou.~

Rep:
Level 84
Here I leave you another video~ [note that I love making videos now :3].

Consists in a Minigame about Balancing a Barrel and avoid to drop it using the Z Key to balanceit until we reach the end of the hall; using PowerMode to rotate the barrel's picture.
It's a little bitharder than it looks like, the original video lasted almost 10 minutes since it took me several attempts to get to the end (like 4 or 5 [teh d00m barr0lz!!1!]).

Direct link to video.

I hope youlike it, I'll bring more news soon.

Dew.~

Arigatou.~

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
This is...  amazing!

Stay pumped about this. I like what you're doing too much for you to give up before completion.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
That's an awesome idea for a minigame. Keep up the awesome work.

Rep:
Level 84
Long time since I didn't released anything new and it wasn't because I hadn't been working on TLoZ:NoE, on the contrary, it was because I was working too much.

Finally I finished what I call the first estable Beta of the CBS ARPG style that will be used in the game. Is not 100% completed since the game doesn0t require more at the moment, but it already has the important basis.

If you wanna check out the full information about the CBS you can visit the Video Section of the WebSite, since because of it's lenght I couldn't post the complete description on YouTube.

I hope you all like it and have fun.

Dew.~

Arigatou.~
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 01:03:14 PM by LinkMasTer »

Rep:
Level 97
That's looks amazing. Keep up the great work.

Rep:
Level 84
Thank you so much, I keep working on it. Sometimes a little bit slower and sometimes faster than usual, but always constant. =]

Anyway, I finally have the new Link's Sprite, you can check on the video; this is the one I'm gonna be using in the game.

..:: New Link's Sprite ::..

The vid quality ain't that good, I know it, I'm trying to solve that.

Still, the other Sprite [OldskoolMario's one] is also gonna be used in the game, but that's gonna be unlockable; since some people like it better.

Dew.~

Arigatou.~

Rep:
Level 84
Well, long time no see.

I'm here again to show you a new video about another MiniGame. =]

In the last few weeks I've been really busy, and it seems is gonna be that way for a long time; it doesn't mean I'm gonna leave my proyect, it just means I'm gonna be working slower than ever. [as you can see].

Anyway, enjoy the vid.

Description [the one in YouTube]:

Spoiler for:
Another MiniGame that'll be available in TLoZ:NoE.

Consists in filling up Beer Glasses using the Numerical Keys (the ones above Q,W,...,O,P keys), whoever reaches 3 Beer Glasses first, wins.

It's a pretty fun game since you gotta avoid making mistakes, everytime you press the wrong key you lose time, and doing it too often will end up for sure in losing against the Bartender.

And if you win, you get an Empty Bottle, woohoo~!

And just so you know, the Bottle Engine is working 100% smoothly: you can carry liquids, throw 'em wherever you want to or give 'em to people [of course, just "selected people", not anyone.

Dew.~

Arigatou.~ [/color]

Rep:
Level 89
Let's attack agressively.
Dude... that's freaking amazing! Especially on 2k3! Can't wait for the game. Good thing I know Spanish (My birth language), just in case if the English version comes later after the Spanish one.

Link serving booze? Yes! Oh and is that Chrono Trigger graphics?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 03:52:47 AM by AlienSoldier »

Rep:
Level 84
Some of them are CT ripped, yes.

Thank you so much for the support, and just in case, the English version is gonna be released next to the Spanish one, I mean, all together.

Dew.~

Arigatou.~

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Amazing work, LinkMasTer. Really loking forward to its completion.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Wow, this is amazing. You're doing a great job! I can't wait for this to come out. I'll be all over this for sure. If there's an English beta version before your finished I'll be the happiest to help test for you.

Rep:
Level 97
Yeah, it looks great Link - Awesome work.

Rep:
Level 102
Still looks outstanding. You've obviously got more talent than everyone else here, obviously.

Rep:
Level 91
Am I still cool?
Still looks outstanding. You've obviously got more talent than everyone else here, obviously.

Obviously, you obviously love the word obviously, obviously.

I rarely get psyched about upcoming RM games.
Don Miguel (who translated RM to its english version) said "RM is good because even beginners can use it but that also makes it bad because a beginner has sucky games." (or something like that).

Games like this prove that RM has an enormous potential and goes way beyond many of the poor, failed projects that [some] beginners have.
Good job & good luck.

Post script: I'll help with translations if need be. I knew taking spanish class would be useful one day!

Interested in playing these complete games and checking out more? Go to my website!

Rep:
Level 97
Congratulations! FCM has chosen this project as Project of the Month for April!

I'm still looking forward to the game - I hope to see some updaes soon.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
It's been a long time, but has there been any progress since December? As you can clearly see, this is still a very anticipated game. =3

Rep:
Level 97
He PMed me and said that he was still working on it, which made me very happy.

ANyway, I figure he wouldn't mind me sharing that portion of the PM:

PS. Concerning TLoZ:NoE I'm still working on it, unfortunately school/work/social life use up so much of my time. X.x Anyway, I'm working on it but in slower than before, still, as soon as I have some new screens/vids I'll surely show 'em. I know it's been somewhat a lot of time since I announced the game, but I promise the wait will be worth it. =]

Yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to this.

Rep:
Level 84
Hey guys!

As I told Modern Algebra I'm really happy that TLoZ:NoE got to be the project of the month, I promise when the Demo's out it won't let anyone down. I'm checking on the rest of the projects to see which one to choose too, so don't worry, you'll have a new winner soon.

I keep working on the project, lately the progress has been faster tho. The Engine I'm working on right now is a Custom Achievement System lol. I know it ain't innovator or anything, but it was something I wanted to do a while ago, if you own/know an Xbox360 you'll know what I'm talking about.

I already have the Menu done which you'll be able to access by pressing "F2" at almost any moment during the game, I also have the real-time Engine which shows you when you unlock a new achievement. Unlike Microsoft, instead of "GameScore" or -G- you'll get...guess what? ZeldaScore! [lol] or -Z-.

Also a friend helped out editing the .exe's and stuff so now I can place 100 images instead of just 50 which is awesome, that allows me to do many things more like Real-Time Map [Compass+Map], I could implement this Achievement System and I'm thinking of more things to add up.

Anyway, that's pretty much it, unfortunately I can't show a screenshot of the Achievement System yet since it's not finished 100% and I need to prepare a video too but I promise to show it soon.

By the way, I have this uhm....dunno the word lol, like a request...nah...well, I'll jsut say it.

In case you wanna help developing TLoZ:NoE and at the time leave some of you in the game I came up with an idea. [Imma translate the text I wrote in my Spanish Forums since I'm kinda lazy to think right now lol.]

Drawing Convocation for TLoZ:NoE

Objectives:
~ Increase the ammount of images available in the Image Gallery of TLoZ:NoE.
~ Not only to be the Image Gallery about my drawings [they're ugly enough] but to anyone who wants to contribute, regarding the fact if it's a good drawer or not, or even a 'maestre' of Photoshop/PixelArt/etc.
~ That you can brag about your drawings being there. [this is actually to encourage you guys since the game isn't good enough to even make it to the front door]
~ Adding variety to the Image Gallery, not only in styles but in Authors too.
~ Having a lot of fun making drawings for TLoZ:NoE as a way to lose stress. xP

Basis:
~ Images preferably in PNG not larger than 800*600 pixels.
~ No limit of drawings per Author, you can do as many as you wish as well as different styles or genres.
~ Any style is accepted, it can be a black&white or colored drawing, just scanned or fixed with PhotoShop or w/e, PixelArt, it can be a sketch, etc. Anything you want as long as it's related to Zelda or the game.
~ Any genre too: comedy, romance, drama, gore, anything you can come up to.
~ You can add your signature in the drawing if you wish, even tho the Image Gallery will display the Author's name.
~ The topic (?) is also 100% your choice, it can be about characters [link, Zelda, etc.], places, objetcs, names, etc. Whoever wants more info about the game can ask me for it and I'll give it.

Sending the Material:
~ The best thing would be sending it to me via PM next to the Nickname exactly as you want it to be shown. I wouldn't recommend doing it over here, otherwise people will see it before being in the Demo, besides it could be stolen or people could use it other things.
~ Speaking of which, whoever wants to have his work as private can be done and it'll be available just in the game [since it'll be encrypted], if you want it public it can be added to the game's website or even this presentation topic.

Credits:
~ It'll be shown in many ways inside and outside the game. First place obviously in the Image Gallery with your Nickname, besides of appearing in the game's credits, the game's introduction as contributor, in this topic and in more places that I won't mention yet since they're still secret hehe.

I want to make clear, it doesn't matter if you're not "skilled" for drawings. I accept any kind of work as long as it's completely yours, the intention is what matters and you'll also help improving TLoZ:NoE.

I hope you like the idea, it's accepted and at the same time has a response since I don't want the Image Gallery to be so empty and only with my drawings.

Yup, that's it, I hope someone wants to help. =]

Thanks a lot, I'll bring more news sooner or later.

PS 1. Sorry for my English, as you can notice it ain't perfect. xP
PS 2. Is it "You like to blow things up" or "You like to blow up things". Talking about using bombs to explode things. I can't decide and it's gonna be description for an achievement, lol.

Dew.~

Arigatou.~
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 04:07:44 AM by LinkMasTer »

Rep:
Level 86
Sonic Dog -> Light Spear -> Overlimit -> Slash
This. Is. SPLENDID. Ha, I've been waiting for this project to resume production, and now that it's coming back with achievements... It just sends chills through my spine.

Oh,"You like to blow things up" is the better way of saying it. Hmm, maybe you should make it something like "Advocate of Pyrotechnics" just because it sounds cool :P

pokeball JAPOfflineFemale
I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89
The screenshots are already teasing me.
I love Zelda. I hope this game will be completed as soon as possible. I can't wait to play it! ^_^
Good luck!

Rep:
Level 84
Thank you for the fast response.

"Like to blow things up" it is then. The actual name of the achievement was "Kaboom Rico, kaboom" like Madagascar's Penguins [I really love penguins, like you have no idea] but -Advocate of Pyrotechnics- really does sound cool, I like it. We got a new name for the achievement.

So many picture editing and stuff is a real worn out, I only have the first 7 achievements names and descriptions and still have 14 left to do. =[

I love Zelda too JAP, it's awesome. <3

Dew.~

Arigatou.~
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 07:22:11 PM by LinkMasTer »

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
Kupo!
Oh cool! Your game looks kupo!I mean awesome! :lol:
Kupopo!

Rep:
Level 84
Here's a new vid guys.

About the latest Engine made, the Custom Achievement System. You'll see the explanation on the vid, just want to make some things clear:

• As stated in the vid, it has a very awful and disturbing sound and I must apologize. I had problems recording the vids. I was about to change the sound for a song using YouTube, but it said it was gonna take a lot of time to do it. >.>
  • I forgot to edit the name of an achievemnt, "Kaboom Rico, Kaboom" is actually gonna be called "Advocate of Pyrotechnics" [by Sirius]. I forgot to actually change the image and I left it that way lol.
  • When you open/close the Achievement Menu you hear the sounds that are played in the Xbox when you open/close the Guide. They're pretty lame tho, I recorded the sounds using my cellphone since I couldn't find those sounds on the web.
  • The sound I did found was the "announce" sound [when a friends logs in, achievement unlocks, etc.] played in the Xbox. So when you unlock an Achievement you'll hear that sound.

I hope you liked it, be back soon with more things to show.

Remember you can make drawings to help TLoZ:NoE and if you know someone who's good making/editing Charsets or making Sprites please let me know to contact that person. I need some editing and poses making for my Multiplayer Mode.

Quote from: Moogle
Oh cool! Your game looks kupo!I mean awesome!  :lol:
Moogles are awesome kupo!

Dew.~

Arigatou.~

Rep:
Level 97
That's a cool looking system. Nice work!

Rep:
Level 84
And we keep progressing... =]

Now I'll show the Custom Multiplayer System.

Spoiler for:
A new Engine that'll be available in TLoZ:NoE.

It's a Custom Multiplayer System in which two Players will be able to battle against each other using the basic weapons. Use your Sword to slash your oponent, the Bombs to blast him up or the Boomerang to stunt him.

However, it still has some bad glitches caused by the use of PowerMode, like the Player 1 not moving sometimes. Those glitches need to be fixed, but meanwhile I'll keep doing some things else since I'm kinda kired of the MultiplayerMode.

As you can see you can select any of the [so far] 5 Characters, once you do, you'll be able to select the ammount of hearts for the Battle [from 3 to 20 Hearts]. Once you have this you can select one of the [so far] 3 Locations: Hyrule Town, Gerudo Desert and Kokiri Forest.

During the Battle Power-Ups will appear anywhere of the map [close to the Players though], there are 5 different Power-Ups: Heart [Recover 3 Hearts], Attack Boost [Attack x2], Immunity [No damage taken], Bomb [Bomb +1] and Boomerang [Boomerang +1].

The Boosts [Attack & Immunity] last around 5 seconds, you can only use Bombs/Boomerang if you've grabbed one and you can only carry 5 as much.

Multiplayer Mode can be accesed by the Lobby, which can be accessed when you save the game.

I hope you like it.

Dew.~

Arigatou.~

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
I'm bumping cause this is still awesome and I hope to hear about some updates :O

Rep:
Level 84
It's been so long since the project started so I feel kinda odd bringing this up now ha ha, but oh well, as told: "better late than never".

Today December 1st, 2009 I gladly announce that there's only 31 days 31 left for the Demo release so let's give it it's publicity.

The Legend of Zelda: Necklace of Elements [Demo 1.0] ~ Release Date: January 1st, 2010

Features:
Basically the same features mentioned before, I'll just say them again:

~ Custom Title System.
~ Language Selection System. (Spanish/English)
~ Holding a key-Running System.
~ Custom Battle System Action RPG style.
~ Heart based Life Bar System.
~ Custom Menu System for Item display.
~ Option System (text speed, messages background, menu background, etc)
~ Image Gallery and Music Gallery.
~ Achievement System, Xbox(R) style.
~ Mouse and complete keyboard enabled.
~ Name Election System with Custom Menu and real time display.
~ Custom Saving System based on automatic "checkpoints".
~ Multiplayer Battle System. (2 players)
~ Puzzle System as Minigame. (1 player)
~ Password System with unique password per game.
~ Bank System, Shop System, Potion-making System, etc.
~ Time Played System and Percentage Completed System.

And maybe more things left but I can't recall any right now he he. However, the Demo will have an estimated lenght of 3 to 5 hours, depending on the player and how much the demo is taken advantage of (I did 2 hours without all of the achievements or the things available).

My English is kinda rusty, so you may find a lot (and I mean a L-O-T) of typos in the English version, if that happens you can always contact me to fix all of them (contact info will be given with the Demo).

I calculate the Demo will have an estimated weight of 60Mb and it will be distributed non-encripted for everyone to enjoy, it's entirely up to you to see the game with the RPGMaker and spoil the mystery of the story if you happen to get stuck.

There's one important thing to say: the project was tested in several computers with different specifications and it worked perfectly in all of them, the thing is that the "simplest" one had 1GB RAM and an Intel Pentium 4 to 2.x GHZ (I actually don't remember how many GHZ x3) but I'm not sure it'll work as smoothly as it's suppose to using a lower speed processor or RAM less than 1GB.

Also, PowerMode itself can cause very weird things in the project such as:
a) Usually in the Multiplayer System the keyboard is not read properly, so you lose the possibility to play not only Multiplayer but the whole game itself since only the default keys are read.

b) Sometimes PowerMode gives the sensation of "lag" in the Menu, it's not actually lag but the patch messing with the way the RPGMaker reads the events and commands making the Menu completely clumsy (basically the Main Menu and Achievement Menu).

c) PowerMode has the "mania" of sending once in a while '0' to all the variables and then back to their respective value, which makes the Running Engine think of that as "the user doesn't want to run". This issue was minimized successfully, although it could happen, when you're running Link suddenly comes back to normal speed and then run again. (it's really weird it happens, but it still does)

For (a) and (b): sometimes it's fixed by closing and running the game again but there are times it's only fixed if the computer is restarted. I mention all of this so you know it and try to keep low expectations when it comes to glitch amount (because there may be).

Finally, I'm learning how to make a quality video to make the "Official Release Trailer" for the Demo, the video will be shown either a couple of days before the release date or even the same release day.

In a couple of days I'm gonna show some new screens of the game.

I don't know what else to say so I'll leave it like that~ 31 days left.

Dew.~

Arigatou.~

Rep:
Level 82
Part of this balanced breakfast.
Oh, hey, what's this awesome thing?

...this may be a stupid question, but...will there be an English translation? Just wondering.
"Maybe your imagination just smells like popcorn."

Rep:
Level 97
Yay, demo soon! I can't wait for it LinkMasTer

Rep:
Level 84
Thank you guys. ^o^~

Yup, the Demo will be available in both Spanish and English, you'll choose your language every time you start the game or even during the game, in the Option Menu.

Dew.~

Arigatou.~

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
YAAAAY YOU'RE BACK! WITH INFORMATION!!! :D

Rep:
Level 84
Here's the new screenshots of the project as I promised.

Concerning the Demo, I was able to spot some horrible errors thanks to my brother's help and his testing, this next days I've been fixing them all; also, I already made the release trailer and I'm liking it, still, I want to make it even better; depending on several things I'll see if I show it this next days or later.

Part of the game's presentation.
Spoiler for:

I'm not sure if I showed this before but here's the Option Menu.
Spoiler for:

A puzzle from UnderGround Cave (Dungeon wannabe in the Demo).
Spoiler for:

During the battle of Underground Cave's Boss.
Spoiler for:

PS. The Santa Hats in the Avatars are cool. :3~

Dew.~

Arigatou.~

Rep:
Level 88
http://www.rukinet.com
This looks really great! It's not very common to see a promising fan project like this. Keep up the good work!

And yeah, comments from people like Billy Bullshot go straight to my bathroom so I can clean my ass with them.

Really? You would use that crap to clean up your own crap? XD

Rukinet. - the dot's included!

Rep:
Level 84
This looks really great! It's not very common to see a promising fan project like this. Keep up the good work!

And yeah, comments from people like Billy Bullshot go straight to my bathroom so I can clean my ass with them.

Really? You would use that crap to clean up your own crap? XD

I'm that good lol.

Chan chan chan....*drums*~

I'm really excited about the Trailer, I hope you like it as much as I do.

I HIGHLY recomend to watch the video directly on YouTube since the quality and size of embeded videos suck lol.
>>>>>  Direct Link to Trailer <<<<<

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CSOROaS0VM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CSOROaS0VM</a>

Dew.~

Arigatou~
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 05:10:57 AM by LinkMasTer »

Rep:
Level 88
http://www.rukinet.com
That composition in the background may be very overused by now and I did not get much of what was going (I'm not good at Spanish) but the trailer looks pretty cool. I can't wait for the actual release of this game!

~Rukishou

EDIT: If the final game will justify the awesomeness of the trailer, this may be one of the best Legend of Zelda games ever! :D

Rukinet. - the dot's included!

Rep:
Level 84
True, didn't realize I posted the Spanish trailer lol.

Lemme edit the last message.

EDIT: Done, trailer in English, sorry about that hehe.

Dew.~

Arigatou.~

Rep:
Level 97
That trailer is awesome - it looks and sounds professional. This has got to be the best RM game I've ever seen, seriously - it looks amazing and you are a very talented individual.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Yeah, I've got to agree. This is the best RM game I've ever seen. :)

Rep:
Level 84
Well guys, here it is as promised.

I must thank you all for the support showed, I'm extremely grateful and I hope you like the demo as much as I liked doing it all this time.

Happy new year and let's go play. xP

"May the winds of fortune be at your back"

PS. In case you didn't notice it's implied that I updated the main topic. xP

Dew.~

Arigatou.~

Rep:
Level 83
RPGCreation.net
This looks like a pretty cool game, nice job. ;) I'll give the demo a try later.

Rep:
Level 97
The game is awesome so far. Really very impressive. There are some problems with grammar, but it's mostly just missing commas. I can go through and fix what I can if you want me to :)