RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RMVX: Versus Xerza 01: Ultimate Showdown

Rep:
Level 88
---The following is a mass-produced post that has been on just about every forum except this one. You guys get the following message (how special!): this is the first English RMVX game ever made. You should play it just because of that, but also because it is kind of fun. Think of it as the Don's Adventures of RMVX.---

Will you ever find Ether Island? I hope so.

So I didn't turn off my computer for, oh, a few years. Because of that, I was able to make a game using a totally legit version of the RMVX trial. To save the game, I copy & pasted the project folder elsewhere.

Anyway.

Versus Xerza:
Ultimate Showdown

is the first in a series of Versus Xerza games made in RMVX.

Goals of the series:
-Always complete
-Less than two hours each
-Hilariously bad (yet not parody-esque) plot

You'll get to explore several distinct enviornments.

This game is 100% complete. It has a begining, a middle and an end. There are no bugs and I have playtested it several times.
It's a complete game with a hilariously bad plot that you can finish in less than two hours. Maybe you'll even do a no-weapon run or a speed-run.
The only caveat is that I can't edit the scripts-- there's some Japanese in the menu and in battle, but it isn't enough to hinder gameplay much (if at all). All of the important words are in English.

Celebrina is easily the hardest fight in the game.

Characters:
-The Party: You play as a Warrior, a Mage, an Archer and a Cleric. Their names are Patrick, Alonzi, Ulyssa and Richard. The Warrior hits things hard, the Mage casts Force spells, the Archer shoots arrows and the Cleric heals the party. It's a great little team and I'm sure you'll grow to enjoy their little quest to slay...

-Xerza: A demi-god who, in case you couldn't tell from the title, is The Baddie. The party tried to attack her once (for adventure-prone reasons, I'm sure) but she, well... she spared them. Xerza sent the party's vehicles all over the world, however, and you'll have to collect them all in order to enter the Tower of Xerza again!

-Celebrina: Xerza's daughter. I guess that makes her a Quartergod. Celebrina attacks the party, supposedly 'cause they attacked her dear mommy. Awww, how sweet. She's my favorite. ^_^;

-The Goddesses: There are currently four-- Messan, Turoi, Weynoa and Poolie. They control air, earth, fire and water respectively. The goddesses live on Ether Island and sell ethers and necklaces.

-Lara Skye: Just who is Lara Skye, and why is she important? Play the game!

Your characters have stats.

Features:
-Battles (x)
-Maps (10)
-Story (n/a)
-Vehicles (3)
-Magics (6)
-Bosses (3)
-Dungeons (4)
-Bugs (0)
-Chests (40+)
-Giant Swords (1)
-Towns (3)
-Crazy Old Codgers (1)
-Weapons (10)
-Hats (3)
-Armors (4)
-Naked Goddesses (4.5)

An epic battle on the world map.

I have no idea how I couldn't have sold you already, but man. This is actually a nifty game. Have you ever played a RMVX game? Maybe that Moonspeak sample game, but pfffft. This is complete, fun and by an experienced (though new around here) game maker! SO PLAY IT ALREADY.

Yeah, it has a forest dungeon. What? It's an RPG! It HAS to have a forest dungeon! Hell, even Xenosaga has forest dungeons in every game and it's a SPACE OPERA!

« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 02:07:00 AM by modern algebra »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
THIS IS THE UILTIMATE SHOWDOWN
OF ULTIMATE DESTINY
GOOD GUYS BAD GUYS AND EXPLOSIONS
AS FAR AS THE EYE CAN SE
AND ONLY ONE WILL SURVIVE
I WONDER WHO IT WILL BE
THIS IS THE UILTIMATE SHOWDOWN
OF ULTIMATE DESTINY

all joking aside, the mapping looks, well, like VX mapping.  But from the screens I've seen you have an idea what you're doing, so I think I'll give this game a download later today.  However, I can't say I'm a fan of the plot.  If it's hilariously bad presented in a humorous fashon then it could work, but if it's just bad and serious, I can't see it working :/

You guys get the following message (how special!): this is the first English RMVX game ever made....
.....So I didn't turn off my computer for, oh, a few years. Because of that, I was able to make a game using a totally legit version of the RMVX trial...

I call shenanigans.
VX hasn't been out for years.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 12:00:42 PM by NAMKCOR »

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 88
Well, you know that Chaos guy? The one who made a pact with the four elemental fiends? Yeah, that's me, bucko; you better hold your hat on your head because I can TRAVEL THROUGH TIME.

Or maybe I'm just a master of hyperbole.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
...Riiiiight.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero