RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Game titles: What not to do.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Slash Bulk ;8

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Knight of Light Crystals
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Macrophallic Epicaricacy I: Schizothemia

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 84
im making a game called mocha
http://www.seskaa.webs.com

i love to piss you off go ahead get mad....:D

Rep:
Level 91
Am I still cool?
I'd like to see "The adventure of the knight who met a king and got a sword and fought the dragon who was bad and rescued the princess and then saved the world by looking at a crystal in a cave and then fought a long and impossible boss because the maker is probably new and even if not is a poor game designer"

I'll bet that game has tons of plot twists.

Interested in playing these complete games and checking out more? Go to my website!

Rep:
Level 84
What about
 - All My NPCs

That is not a joke, I am making a game and that is the name.

Rep: +0/-0Level 85
everything you said up there is totally right, i laughed a little on the long titles thingy, but i think all you said up there really is true. even me seeing a dragon on the game title bores me.

Rep:
Level 84
I'm am God of Light
Yes about the names...
Mine was going to be Voyage of Silence.
That good, something you'd be interested in?  ???
Thanks,
-Raiden ;)

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!
Get your own at Pokeplushies!

Raiden.
I am the God Of Light.

Proud owner of,
http://www.majorrpg.com
Check my website out!
Thank you!

Current Game Project:
Name: Silent Hill - Time Lapse
Percent done: 2%
Genre: Horror

Rep:
Level 84
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
I'd like someone to make a "Game Titles: What to Do" thread, I think it would be helpful (if not as funny). I'd consider doing it, but I feel like my current project's title is flirting with cheesiness as it is. And hypocrasy is a crime if you are even acused of it. *Sigh*

Very apt in any case, Holk.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Just don't do what this thread says and you'll do fine. Make it unique and creative.

Rep:
Level 84
Oh, absolutely.
But there are some fun tips to create capturing titles. Like...
  • Fragmented prepositions (To Kill a Mockingbird, Until I Find You)
  • Adjectives following nouns as to suggest action (Paradise Lost)
  • The work's motto or theme (All's Well That Ends Well)
  • Alliteration (Palace of Pleasure)
  • Commands (Look Homeward, Angel)
  • Second Person (The World Ends With You)
The last two are especially powerful, as they specifically address something (even better if it is the reader. . . as in "you"). Supposedly titles with direct address are better for marketing.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Wow, I suggest you really do make that topic. That sounds great~
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
I like your new av and sig rasse :3

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Heh thanks, it's thanks to Irock though. I suck at av/sigs.

._. Irock<3
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 84
Wow, I suggest you really do make that topic. That sounds great~
As you wish, http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,32255.0.html
Thanks!

Rep:
Level 84
we made a fun little rpg name generator with help from this post & replies :D it makes crappy jrpg names. usually all awful just to laugh at

good post Holk. sick of seeing all same names too
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 11:39:20 PM by SolstICE »

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Who is radix?

Rep:
Level 83
Yes.
I'd like to see "The adventure of the knight who met a king and got a sword and fought the dragon who was bad and rescued the princess and then saved the world by looking at a crystal in a cave and then fought a long and impossible boss because the maker is probably new and even if not is a poor game designer"

I'll bet that game has tons of plot twists.

What about "The extreme game where the knight goes to a bar and his friend comes in and says there is a dragon killing everyone and he goes outside with a rock and throws it at the dragon which then roars at the top of his lungs then flies away and the knight for some stupid reason gets knighted and the king is killed by a cheese-puff."

Best. Game. Ever.

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
Nothing personal.
    • Second Person (The World Ends With You)

Isn't that a Nintendo DS game?

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
    Hey iv'e always been really good at making original story and if i'm tracking too close
    to some other game some one usually informs me so i'm not worried about that

even names i feel i'm good at but one problem iv'e always had because iv'e never put forth
    the time is titles. . . .

so for my new game i have a small list and i was hoping if some people could inform me if they are cheesy or not (Which they probably are) so here we go (FYI: Neverender is a place in the game and if thats cheesy im willing to deal with it because towns people can be stupid some times):
    Nights in the Neverender
    Forever winter nights
    Forever snow
    Cold Knights of the Neverender
    The White swords

And if some need a small back ground to determine if a names cheesy for some reason
    Summary: A small town forced to fight off vicious dragons wolves and other northern winter creatures, So this small town has several men and women train from when they are kids to grow up and defeat these monsters, but Tragedy falls as your father along with three other parents of your friends go off and die from one horrific beast, So as you grow you try to replace your fallen parents and in a chain of events find your self reaching your skills farther than just your winter wonder land. . .

also sorry if that sounded a bit cheesy too

Rep:
    Level 86
    Sonic Dog -> Light Spear -> Overlimit -> Slash
    Forever winter nights

That sounds a little bit like Neverwinter Nights, but other than that, there's not much wrong with those titles. I would probably suggest rearranging/deleting words, though, but maybe that's just because I tend to prefer shorter titles. I actually think a simple Neverender would suffice; people probably don't know what it means/is, and it sounds ominous enough to draw them in.

Alright thanks but does it affect the title to add in small things like the or of
    basically is there a difference between
    Neverender
    and
    The Neverender

Rep:
    Level 86
    Sonic Dog -> Light Spear -> Overlimit -> Slash
    As long as you don't overdo it (The Splended Knights of the Neverender who always are of the Fight), articles work. Heh, articles actually add to the effect sometimes, too (Last of the Mohicans). Maybe experiment with that. Picking a title is like photography: take a bunch of pictures & then pick the best one.

Rep:
    Level 94
    2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel

Nights in the Neverender - No
    Forever winter nights - Neverwinter Nights
    Forever snow - Not bad, but a bit generic
    Cold Knights of the Neverender - No
    The White swords - Zelda

"Forever" is a generic word to use in any title, and Neverender is a Coheed song.

really huh never knew that and i thought i knew most of their songs
    well alright like the guy before you ill test and try and see whats the best i can make