RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RMXP Item Changes Char Set

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
Basically im looking for a way to make an item that will change my character's walking char set; but the peice i am trying to use is an armor peice.
Let's say for an example I have a "Helm of the Zombie" and when worn my character's walking char set is changed from it's normal char set to a different char set. Can anyone help me? Ive tried using switches, but it seems that armor does not turn a switch on when you wear it  :( im not sure what to do, can anyone help me?

P.S. Oh on a side note, If anyone can tell me how to do this Without the helm coming from the "item" tab in the database, that would be great.

Rep:
Level 87
RIP w-hat the fork
COMMON EVENTS!
create a new event on the start of your map, have its trigger be autorun, have it turn a global switch on.
Create a new page for that event, have its trigger be action, and have it do nothing. Set the conditions for that page be the switch that turned on in the previous page.
hit f9 to bring up the database.
Click on common events.
change the max amount of common events to suit your needs.
Select a common event that is blank.
Set its trigger to be parallel and the condition switch to the global switch you used earlier.
Make the following event commands in this common event:

Conditional Branch
page 2 select "actor"
select "Armour"
Select the correct Armour

in the conditional branch, have this command:

on page 3, "Change Actor Graphic"
Select the correct graphics you want the character to look like.

In the "Else" Part of the conditional branch:

on page 3, "Change Actor Graphic"
Select the correct graphics you want the character to look like without the armour on.
Huge sig is huuuuge.