RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Day & Night System [VX]

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
    Day & Night
    Version: 2.0
    Author: Grafikal007
    Release Date: 8 - 22 - 2008
    Last updated Date: 11 - 01 - 2009

RMRK.net EXCLUSIVE Event System: Feel free to link to it  ^-^

Version History

• 1.0 [8/22/08] - Initial Release
    • 2.0 [11/01/09] - Updated to RMRK+ format

Description

Adds an extra unique quality to your games adding the phases of a day and the capabilities of changing your game's events by the time of day. [For example: You may set things to occur only during the night time or dusk or whenever.]

Features

• Completely Plug 'n Play
    • Easy set up
    • Easy to customize
    • 4 Phases of a day (Dawn, Noon, Dusk, Night)
    • Slow phase fades, to slowly ease into the next phase of a day
    • Capabilities to set unique events during any phase of a day

Planned Additional Features

• None at the moment, Please suggest!

Screenshots

Not really applicable.

Instructions

Instructions are written in comments in the Common Events of the demo. Also, if you PLAY the demo, you'll be sitting for 1 minute 20 seconds until the next phase of the day.

Credit

• grafikal

Support

Support can be dealt with here in this topic or you may PM me.

Author's Notes

This blends very well with my Weather Event System. Also, if you want your days to occur only on the world map to give the impression of days passing by while traveling longer distances [when clearly you're not], then just turn off the master switch for this system when you move off the World Map, otherwise it will continue in all your other maps. Also, you don't have to use the switches set for Dawn, Noon, Dusk, Night, those are there incase you wish to have certain actions occur during certain times of the day. [In the demo: 1 phase = 1 minute 20 seconds real time; Therefore 1 day = 5 minutes 20 seconds real time.]

RMRK+ Format

This script is RMRK+ Format.

Variables Used

542: The essential timer

Switches Used

842:Turns the whole system ON
    843:Dawn
    844:Noon
    845:Dusk
    846:Night

Common Events Used

307: Whole system in a nutshell

Demo

Demo is attached[/list]
    « Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 06:44:35 AM by Kuja »

Rep:
    Level 97
    2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
    Looks good grafikal. I'll add it to the roster.

EDIT::

It does reserve though - if a person were to use the system, then they would have to either not be using switches 2-5 and variable 1 or they would have to go through the event system and change what variables/switches are used manually. I can't add it to the roster unless you go through and change those to reserved IDs. The common event does not have to be reserved though. Switch 1 - I'd permit it to be RMRK+ even if this is not reserved, but you should instruct the user that they will have to change the value there in the Common Event. It'd probably be better to reserve though.
    « Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 05:50:29 PM by modern algebra »

Resource Artist
    Rep:
    Level 94
    \\\\\
    Lol, I fail, ok I'll change it later tonight.

Resource Artist
    Rep:
    Level 94
    \\\\\
    updated to RMRK+ format

FINALLY

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
    Don't mean to bring this back from the dead, but is it possible to change this system so it changes seasons as opposed to day/night? Or would that be too hard?

Resource Artist
    Rep:
    Level 94
    \\\\\
    just rename the variables (which doesn't matter since the names of variables are arbitrary anyways) ._.

Alter the timer if you want to make each phase longer to appear more like a season than a day. If you want the tiles to change and what-not, you'd have to make each map 4 times, 1 for each season, then probably throw in a new variable checking to see what map you're on. Then depending on the season, you'd have to be auto teleported to the same map, but in a different season. However, that gets retarded pretty fast and messes with any active events that you might have going (certain ones depending on what you're doing), like quests. If you have an NPC in the summer that asks you to go get something, and you take forever to do it and come back in autumn, you'll have to wait 2 more season to complete it, which is dumb.

So, uh... Just change the variable names and the timer length >.>

Rep:
    Level 83
    If you have an NPC in the summer that asks you to go get something, and you take forever to do it and come back in autumn, you'll have to wait 2 more season to complete it, which is dumb.

Hahahaha...

Anyway, I had this system in one of my games, but I couldn't figure out who to credit. Now I do know. Thanks. lol