RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
So Game Maker Can make games that are RPG and not RPG

Rep: +0/-0Level 85
i just wanna which one i should get RPG maker or Game maker :-\ :-\ :-\

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
It's simple, if you are making an rpg get RPG Maker, if you are making anything else get Game Maker. However Game Maker is more flexible and if you have alot of experience you could make a way better rpg in Game Maker

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
First of all, this shouldn't be here.
 Second, your question is Correct but if you use RPG maker wisely with scripts, its no less that game maker.
But gamemaker can do many things too, you just need practice.

So what you do is, you take two pieces of paper and write RPG on one and GM on one then fold them.
Then shuffle them
Choose one.

Observations - The chit you choose will be your option

Materials Required - Writing skills, paper, pen.

Precautions - Dude, the pen needs to have ink.
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 84
The battle begins.
Basically, Game maker gives people that don't know coding much an easier time making action games, like a super mario on the gameboy type thing.
Rpg maker gives people that don't know coding much an easier time making rpg games.

Both can work very well if you know how-to script in the game maker's and rpg maker's language.

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
Necroishpost :P

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Basically, Game maker gives people that don't know coding much an easier time making action games, like a super mario on the gameboy type thing.
Rpg maker gives people that don't know coding much an easier time making rpg games.

Both can work very well if you know how-to script in the game maker's and rpg maker's language.

Not necessarily true, either. :P

Game Maker is an immensely weak tool unless you take time to get a grip on the internal language.

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
Yeah, gamemaker is a pain to deal with if you want to make any game really, but it does have a lot more potential, and there really isn't alot of need to hack it (unlike with RPG maker)

I think RPG maker is a little bit more beginner-friendly, because all of the engine is already made. but in the end it really is just personal prefrence.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
if ($game == 'RPG')
    use("RPGMaker")
else
    if (@professional == false)
        use("GameMaker")
    else
        use("Torque Game Builder")
    end
end

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
/\ If none of that can be read, find yourself another buisness, sonny.

...if you're looking for some kind of crazy game maker, that is  :pimp:

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Rpg maker gives people that don't know coding much an easier time making rpg games

I gotta disagree. I know we dont need THAT much coding, but I think events and scripts come under this and to master them, you need to know shit.
Arlen is hot.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Rpg maker gives people that don't know coding much an easier time making rpg games

I gotta disagree. I know we dont need THAT much coding, but I think events and scripts come under this and to master them, you need to know shit.

there's an eventing system to GM too, which is pretty similar to RM's eventing, it's just drag and drop instead of click and insert

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 91
Am I still cool?
I wonder if Flamezero has figured out yet that it's just a matter of preference.
I like RPG Maker more just because I have more experience with it, and also my GM games usually end up having some problem whenever I try to upload them.

Interested in playing these complete games and checking out more? Go to my website!

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
wasn't this bumped three times?  :P

EDIT: Wait, no it wasn't.

Rep:
Level 91
Am I still cool?
I once tried making an RPG with game maker. I found mapping to be lengthy and difficult.
It was also difficult to program teleport events and level up statistics with Game Maker. That's just my experience though. With GM, there are 10,000 different ways to do the same thing, and some ways work better than others, so I'm guessing RPGs and GM just aren't my forte.

Interested in playing these complete games and checking out more? Go to my website!

Rep:
Level 84
I'm am God of Light
I wish Rpg maker was more of Java based coding, lol :D
I'd kill at that  8)

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!
Get your own at Pokeplushies!

Raiden.
I am the God Of Light.

Proud owner of,
http://www.majorrpg.com
Check my website out!
Thank you!

Current Game Project:
Name: Silent Hill - Time Lapse
Percent done: 2%
Genre: Horror

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Watch out for Stencyl, then =o
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 96
Yeah man dat shit is gonna kill.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Really arrow?

Rep:
Level 96
I don't frackin' know why are you asking me?

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I hurd he didit cuz its kool.

Rep:
Level 96
Yeah well you hear a lot of things, music guy. It's kind of your angle. :V