RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] taking event system requests!!!!

Rep:
Level 85
as you can see im taking requests for event sytems, just post it and i will look what i can do (if you post and pm your request i will see it faster)

i can do very much with events, just request:P

if someone likes to help its very ok ;8

so far i have 3 event systems on rmrk
1 are on request
2 are by my idea

i have made the following event systems:

very advanced shop theft system
  • steal from a shop
  • when a guard notices you he will sent the player to prison for 5 minutes
  • when the five minutes are over another guard will come and open the prison gate so the player can leave

abs shop theft system (this system  uses mr mos abs, credit everyone you need to credit for mr mos abs to!)
  • steal from a shop
  • when a guard notices you he will attack the player
  • the strength of the guards can easy be defined
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 04:12:03 PM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 85
does'nt anyone needs any systems :(, feel free to request

Rep: +0/-0Level 85
HI

since you taking request.. can you please make a chest opening event like this:

Player talk to npc 1 ... the npc 1 ask the player to approach npc 2 (now if the player appraoches npc 2 wihtout meeting the npc 1, it should not give any details about the chest but just talk random).

The npc 1 shud be the trgigger for npc 2 and the npc 2 shud be the trigger for chest.

Hope you got my point.

Rep:
Level 85
hmm, sounds easy, ill start on it today if i have time. so you mean this:
player talks to npc 1 without talking to npc 2 first: random chat
when he did talked to npc 2: say about the chest
when talk to npc 2 after talking with npc 1 about the chest it will open? (i dont really understand whats the point of it but i will try making it ;))

Rep:
Level 85
i guess this is what you mean:

Rep: +0/-0Level 85
Dear Drake

This is exactly what i wanted. Thank you so much for your help.

Rep:
Level 81
RMRK Junior
I'm hoping you're still doing this. If so, then...

Can you make it so when the player presses a button, preferrably whatever button the key A is, you "astroproject." What I mean is, an event is created that looks exactly like you and you are able to walk on it, and your sprite's opacity or whatever changes to make you look like a ghost. You appear on yourself and you can walk through certain objects, probably with a switch or something, and when you walk back to your body you go back to normal. Is this possible with events?
Feed my dragons your clicks! Please...? Or they'll die, and I'll be really sad... I already named them and everything.

Rep:
Level 84
Is a New Zealander
Well, I don't see any reason why he wouldn't still be doing requests.

Oh wait.

check the dates of posts BEFORE you post in that topic. If you look, you'll see he hasn't posted in this thread for nearly two years.
I'm much too lazy to put an actual signature here.

Rep:
Level 81
RMRK Junior
Love the sarcasm, makes me feel like an ass. Well, why don't the mods delete the topic?
Feed my dragons your clicks! Please...? Or they'll die, and I'll be really sad... I already named them and everything.

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
Because:

1. Most people would see that the topic is two years old and forget about posting in it.
2. If people don't see that the topic is too old, there is usually a necroposting message (I think).
3. If the person comes back after his two - three year vacation and finds his topic has been deleted, he/she might get pissed.
4. These things take time, and our mods are busy people (I think).
5. Why don't you become a mod and fix these things from the inside?

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
We don't delete them, we lock them. We usually don't go around looking for old ass topics that people haven't posted in for 3+ months. That's fucking stupid. We call it NECRO-posting because when the topic isn't posted in for a while, while other topics and new topics are being created, this topic gets pushed further down the page and onto new pages past the first within the forum therefore rendering the topic - dead. Those are obviously topics in which people have not posted and are not at all active anymore. If they're not active, why post in them? We only lock topics when idiots like you, lplegacy, decide to go and raise the dead and have us looking in old topics for no reason. There are a couple MUCH MORE RECENT topics for this exact thing and so I have NO CLUE why you would go and fucking dig up the oldest ass topic for this. Yes, there's also a warning message that appears when you're about to necropost. It specifically says that no one has posted in this topic for over 30 (or 60) days, and then asks if you still want to post it. It's RED, therefore noticeable, as in you shouldn't do it unless you must. I understand that you have a request, but again, there are several other much more recent topics for you to necropost than the one that's 2 years old. Cozziekuns' #3 is correct too.