RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Fishing Profession [VX]

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Fishing Profession
Version: 2.0
Author: Grafikal007
Release Date: 8 - 16 - 2008
Last Updated Date: 10 - 31 - 2009

Version History

• 1.0 [8/11/08]- First Release
  • 1.1 [8/12/08]- Fixed some bugs, made all the weapon ID's and item ID's plug-n-play so that you don't need to remake those
  • 1.2 [8/16/08]- Found a small bug that only affected the demo if you play it through to Master Fisherman (no biggie)
  • 2.0 [10/31/09]- Created a new Fishing Demo altogether fixing all previous bugs.
Description

This is a system that has a player learn to fish, catch different types of fish, and level up fishing by ranks.

Features

• 5 fish to catch each with varying difficulty and required tools to catch. Can easily implement more.
  • Ranking system to catch new and higher ranking fish
  • Simple events, all organized through individual map events.
  • Fishing Journal to keep track of your Fishing Rank and Fishing EXP
  • Easy customizable event system.
  • Fishing spots get easier to fish at as you rank up.

Planned Additional Features

NEW FEATURES PLANNED TO BE ADDED:
      Nothing at the moment.

Screenshots

Spoiler for Screenshots:
N/A

Instructions
If you follow the RMRK+ event systems, then you can easily just copy/paste each event into your game and they should work. If you want the rank system to work, make sure you turn on that switch anytime before the player fishes 1 time ever. Also, make sure that switch stays on, it updates your Fishing Journal, if that switch is turned off, it will stop updating and the fishing rank and exp shown will be incorrect. To make a fishing event, look at any Rank 1 fishing spot or Rank 2 fishing spot. The comments will explain. A rank 1 fishing spot is if set up so that there is the same probability to catch a fish no matter what rank you are, a rank 2 fishing spot (as well as rank 3 and 4 fishing spots) are set up so that the higher your rank is above the minimum for that spot, the easier it is to fish there. Since in the demo rank 5 is the highest there is, a rank 5 fishing spot is set up the same as a rank 1 spot. You can create more ranks of fishing if you want. It is suggested. Also, you can play with how much EXP a fish will give you. In the common event for tracking your fish Rank, play with the amount of EXP you need per rank. At the moment, 100 EXP will get you to Rank 5 and in the demo, that'll take you about 2 minutes.

Credit

• grafikal

Support

Support can be dealt with here in this topic or you may PM me.

Author's Notes

I only use 1 switch that is apart of the event system. There is a switch I used in 0001 slot. That's only for the cutscene for the tutorial, you don't need that switch in your game for this event system, so I didn't reserve that slot.

RMRK+ Format

This script is RMRK+ Format.

Variables Used

This is the reserved list of Variables I used:
  • Variables: 581 ~ 583
  • 581: Tracks your fishing Rank
  • 582: Tracks fishing EXP
  • 583: Determines if your fishing was successful

Switches Used

This is the reserved list of Switches I used:
  • Switches: 841
  • 841: Turn this switch ON immediately, so that it will start tracking your fishing EXP and RANK.

Common Events Used

This is the reserved list of Common Events I used:
  • Common Events: 303, 304
  • 303: For displaying the info in the Fishing Journal
  • 304: For tracking your fishing EXP and fishing Rank

Items Used

This is the reserved list of Items I used:
  • Item IDs[251 ~ 258]
  • They're the fish that you catch

Weapons Used

This is the reserved list of Weapons I used:
  • Weapon IDs[492-497]
  • They're the "tools" you must have equipped to catch certain fish and the Fishing Journal

Demo

[/list]
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 03:33:48 AM by Kuja »

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
I love you grafikal  :lol:
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Lol. I love me too.  :D

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Wait, how do you fish?
I pressed the action key with a net equipped and nothing happened.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Have you 1: Set up the common events correctly [so that in the conditional branch it checks the weapon ID of the Net you made?]

or 2: Did you make the event you're fishing at call the correct common event?

If neither happens, send me screenshots :)

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
It looks pretty good grafikal. Nice work.

But Levent is right - in the demo, you are calling the common events you used before converting to RMRK+ Format. So, instead of 93 you are calling 1 or whatever.

I'm not going to reserve the common events, since none of those are called in the event itself. I.E. they could be placed anywhere within the Common Events and as long as the person using the Event System calls the common events he sets them in, it'll be fine. Reserved Common Events are really only for Common events used as methods for a larger process, and the CE is called inside the part of the event that is copy & paste.

Otherwise, everything else seems to be in order and I will add it to the List. Again, nice work grafikal.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 03:58:35 AM by modern algebra »

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
I see what you mean. I didn't expect people to copy/paste those events, since the events were an easy setup. However, I'm currently updating everything and making it more Plug-n-play. Thanks  :D

Updated first post.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 04:53:40 AM by grafikal007 »

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Updated first post. I found a real small bug. Nothing big. New version for it after it was fixed though.

Also, just an update. I'm designing a whole 1-99 level system for this and a way to track and record your stats. This may require a revamp of the system because it appears to be getting more and more complicated. It's not much more complicated, but the average person just LOOKING at it would imagine that it is. All in all, this will be the most epic fishing system.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 02:20:26 AM by grafikal007 »

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
updated, now there's a demo. I didn't have one for a while since there were some bugs and stuff. New and slimmed down. Uses less variables and less switches and less common events than before. If anyone feels like looking, let me know if you find a bug or something.