RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] Surfing Event System

Rep:
Level 87
Embrace the stillness of eternity.
Surfing Event System
Version 1.1
Author: Mjustin

Version History

• 1.0: Barely functional surfing system.
  • 1.1: Fixed a couple glitches and now it works much better.

Description

This event system allows you to create a controllable surfing scene for use as a minigame, a transition between two continents, or whatever you can imagine!

Features

• Surf across water, ice, lava, or whatever you please
  • Dodge obstacles that can cause a Game Over

Screenshots

None yet, but I'll get some up as soon as possible.

Demo

Right here: http://www.mediafire.com/?jgjmtmbhjx2

Author's Notes

• I don't have a graphic for a surfboard, so I just used a flat rock from the tileset.
  • There is a glitch where your character can get separated from the surfboard. It has no effect on gameplay, but it's still annoying anyway.
  • Thanks to Kipe for bringing some glitches to my attention.

So, download the demo and tell me what you think!

Rep:
Level 87
Embrace the stillness of eternity.
Thanks. I fixed the first two glitches you mentioned just by making the game find the player's map X and suspend certain directions accordingly. It doesn't appear to produce any slowdown so I figured it was the best solution.

As for the surfboard problem, another graphic was exactly what I was thinking, but I'm no good with MS Paint, etc. I suppose it might not be too hard though. What would be really cool is a graphic with a surfboard so it could be used in any situation.

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
I thought this script was good so I tried making a surfboard for you.
I'm no expert, but here is what I came up with:

Surfboard:

Surfer example:

Would you be able to use this?

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Would you be able to use this?

he probably won't, considering it was posted near a year ago.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon