RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] Foot Prints

Rep:
Level 85
Ok this is my first Tutorial so keep insults to a minimum please...
----------------------------------------------------------
First make an event.Put it on Priority:"Below Characters" and Trigger:"Player Touch".
Now under where it says "List of Event Commands"
double click there, and go to where it says "Flow Control" Click where it says "Conditional Branch" uncheck the box at the bottom, then go to page 3, next click where it says "Character" And put it on "Facing" "Down".Then make it put "Self Switch A" on.(This can be found under "Game Progression", "Control Self Switch").
Next Make 3 more Conditional Branch. 1 for left, right, and up.left will put self switch b on, right will put self switch c on, and up will put self switch d on.
Now click at the took of the event page, where it says "New Event Page".On the 2nd page look to the left where it says "Self Switch"Click it, and make sure that it's on A. Now click where it says "Graphic" and set it to "!Other1" the footprints that are going down.Now, under "List of Event Commands" Double click it, then go to page 2 under where it says "Timing" Click "Wait" and make sure that it's on 60.Next add another Event Command, go to the 2nd Page on it, and under "Movement" click "Set Move Route" Put it on "This Event" And Then add a "Movement Command" That says "Change Opacity" set it to 200.Then put another 60 wait, and another Change Opacity but now on 100, then put a wait and put the Opacity on 50,then turn Self Switch A off, and change it's Opacity to 255.Oh, and I forgot to mention to put the Priority on below character and the Trigger on Parallel Process...Anyway, now copy & paste this page(you can do this by clicking at the top where it says "Copy Event Page", and where it says, "Paste Event Page".Change the self switch to b, the graphic to foot prints that are going left and then change the turn self switch a off to b.Do the some thing to self switch c and d.
Copy and paste this event where ever you want footprints to be left after the player walks past it.
That's it...Yeah, I know, it's not that good...(By the way I made this a while ago)

Screenshot

Demo
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nvs6c6uu3ai
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 04:01:11 PM by modern algebra »

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
If you make a demo, people will like it more.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
If you put screenshots, people will like it more.

Rep:
Level 85
thanks, and i just added a screenshot and a demo....
and why do i have this strange feeling that you two are the same person...

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Okay, now I like it.
I might add it into my project even.  ;8
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 85
I am already there
this is very good thanx ;D

Rep: +0/-0Level 67
RPGVX Advanced (I Do Not Script Tough)
Pretty Cool :)