RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
(request) character maker? intro?

Rep:
Level 85
im new to rmxp and i need some help.
i want to make characters on my ow so i downloaded character maker for rmxp but what about the background? wich colour should that be to have it in my game cuz eveytime i try to play it with the character i made the backround colour is on my char,
plz help me :)
_________________________________________________________________________________________ _______________

for the 2cnd i want a intro to my game where i tell a story
about my character and sruff but everytime i try it gets all messed up.
it could be more less-confusion for me if you show me with pics.

hope i didnt ask to much.

;D
How many times have you watched me fall just to smile, I've been through thick and thin we've struggled through now we smile, so we're here now just be ready, brace yourself cause were not leaving.

Rep:
Level 85
uumm.......XD
im a little stupid to get that :-P
How many times have you watched me fall just to smile, I've been through thick and thin we've struggled through now we smile, so we're here now just be ready, brace yourself cause were not leaving.

Rep:
Level 86
Okay.... first at the top of of RPG Maker Xp Click on tools. Then once you click on tools go into materialbase. Then go into character section of the materialbase. Click import and selected the character with whatever colored background you want to get rid off. Once you have selected the character it will show 2 tabs at the bottom - one for transparency and the other for semi transparency. Just left click and right click on the colored background (NOT YOUR CHARACTER. THE BACKGROUND).... then click OK.

Then your character should be color background free.

Rep:
Level 85
ok i get that now.

now i need to figure out the 2cnd all the other tutorials about intros and stuff
didnt helpme at all  ???

Rep:
Level 86
Sorry, I cannot really understand what you mean!

Rep:
Level 85
like a introduction

where after you click ''new game'' there is some text where i tell about the hero and stuff.
everytime i try it gets messed up ???

Rep:
Level 86
You would have to explain what you have done that is not working.

But I would start my character at 0 opacity(so he is invisible) Then type what you want to happen and select(on the event with the scene) and click autorun at the bottom.  When your intro is done make your opacity of your character 255 and the erase the auto run event.

Hope that makes sense. That is how I would do it.

Rep:
Level 85
hmmmm :-\

ill try..

Rep:
Level 86
Good luck. If you are troubled about anything else you can search the databases on here for help and useful advice.

Rep:
Level 85
.i still dont understand charmaker
where shold i export it?
and the background options didnt show :-/

Rep:
Level 85
You would have to explain what you have done that is not working.

But I would start my character at 0 opacity(so he is invisible) Then type what you want to happen and select(on the event with the scene) and click autorun at the bottom.  When your intro is done make your opacity of your character 255 and the erase the auto run event.

Hope that makes sense. That is how I would do it.

umm how do i change the opacity?

Rep:
Level 86
You should be able to save your made character as a file in the characters folder  inside of the graphics folder in your game folder.

So click on game at the top. Then open game folder. Then you'll see where to save your character.

For opacity go to set move route(on the second page of events) and just change the opacity for "Player" in that option. Then change it back.

BUT this is only if you don't want your character to move around and be seen.