RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX][Full 1.4]Prelude of Identity

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Sounds exciting. Good luck with this. Also, have I sent you a PotM PM yet?

Rep:
Level 91
Blah blah blah...
Project of the Month winner for November 2008
Sounds exciting. Good luck with this. Also, have I sent you a PotM PM yet?

No I haven't received the PM yet. Which is why I was surprised when my topic moved.

- -

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
I will rectify that. I will prepare the PM now

Rep:
Level 91
Blah blah blah...
Alright, I've added the new demo onto the first post. It contains lots of improvements and stuff so be sure to download. If you already had the game, you'll have to download again because of the changes, but any future updates will be able to be patched by simply downloading a new encrypted database file.
The demo contains about 6:30 hours of game play (and that's me rushing through it cause I know it). I added more music, so the filesize has increased a little under 10mb, but hopefully it's not a big deal.
Enjoy the POTM edition I worked hard on for a straight month, and thanks for the honors.

- -

Rep:
Level 97
Sounds wicked. I'll have to dl and replay it soon. After exams :P

Rep:
Level 91
Blah blah blah...
ATTENTION
There's an error in the version of the game I uploaded which made progression in one part of the game impossible. However I've fixed this error and uploaded a patch which you can download quickly to replace the old data file. This patch can be applied to older versions as well but you will need to download the music for the game in order for it to run properly.
I have provided links to the full game, patches, and audio files. Simply replace old ones or copy your game saves to a new version of the game. If any more bugs are found please inform me via PM. Thanks.

Full Demo
MediaFire - Demo 3.0 [POTM Edition] 49MB

Patches
MediaFire - Patch 3.0 5.63MB

Audio
MediaFire - Audio Files 43MB
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 01:53:40 AM by MrMoo »

- -

Rep:
Level 84

This looks incredibly awesome. I'm so glad I found another awesome project to follow.

I'm honestly kind of scared of playing through that dark dungeon though. For some reason those kinds of places where it's all pitch black with a small circle of light to guide you creep me the hell out. I'll still download the demo though.

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
...tonight will be just another memory.
Woohoo downloading now - it looks great! Keep up the good work!

Rep:
Level 91
Am I still cool?
background and story totally remind me of DC Comic's idea of having an infinite universe system, based on the very believable infinite universe theory.
In all realism, I doubt you will finish your trilogy (I had a series of 5 games and finished about 50% of each, so I'm speaking from experience).

I never imagined a time of knights and internet.

I've played a bit of the game and here are some things:
-Awesome intro, I felt like the game was some kind of crazy computer virus, it was so realistic [to an idiot like me].
-I slept at night in the second town as soon as I arrived and woke up at night.
-Few, but some, grammatical mistakes.
-The owner/main operator of the mine, after I killed the slime, told me I could keep the sword. Was he supposed to give me one?
-When the train stopped, the background was still going by as if the train were moving.
-Good sense of humor
-Any alternate universe where Phoenix Wright and Batman are dead is a lousy one
-Sometimes there a doorways that you can't see because the ceiling is there. No big deal, I just can't always tell if there's a door on that ceiling.

I'll add to this list as I continue, I'm playing the game right now.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 07:20:07 PM by dragonmagna »

Interested in playing these complete games and checking out more? Go to my website!

Rep:
Level 91
Blah blah blah...
In all realism, I doubt you will finish your trilogy (I had a series of 5 games and finished about 50% of each, so I'm speaking from experience).
Actually I'm about finished this one and the other two games will not be the same. I was planning on making the 2nd one a short side scroller and the third one a battleless sim type rpg. I'm pretty determined to finish this. This (and maybe the third game) will probably be the longest in the series.

-I slept at night in the second town as soon as I arrived and woke up at night.
Yeah it's not supposed to become daytime until you beat the factory. Time doesn't pass when you rest at the Inn yet. It's meant to not screw up some of the lines in the story, that's why.
-Few, but some, grammatical mistakes.
I try to fix what I can, if there's any huge ones tell me exactly where.
-The owner/main operator of the mine, after I killed the slime, told me I could keep the sword. Was he supposed to give me one?
I could have sworn i fixed this. The reason he says that is because in the older versions you were supposed to get a sword, but I changed it to a shield. (Since at the time your lack of armor was more important than another sword)
-When the train stopped, the background was still going by as if the train were moving.
Yeah I know, this is impossible to fix though with VX's Parralax system. It isn't event run like XP.
-Any alternate universe where Phoenix Wright and Batman are dead is a lousy one
Lol originally this was to take place in the near future, but I changed it to contemporary time so technically they shouldn't be dead, then again Barack Obama's there. The gravestones were supposed to be references and not actually them dead.
-Sometimes there a doorways that you can't see because the ceiling is there. No big deal, I just can't always tell if there's a door on that ceiling.
I don't get what you mean by this. Most of my south doors are cupped like so |_|
And most of my north doors are visible as I use the large doors.
Edit: I think i get what you meant. The outside houses sometimes have doorsteps, but u can't enter them. Well I made all houses un-enterable because you simply don't barge in like in some RPGs. Most main buildings will never enter from the south, so don't worry about it.

Thanks for the input, I've used some of this info to fix things.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 11:19:09 PM by MrMoo »

- -

Rep:
Level 91
Blah blah blah...
Hey guys, I'd like to update you all one what I've been doing so far on the project. The game is almost complete, meaning pretty soon I will release the complete storyline game into demo 4. I'll officially call it complete once I touch up and add the other things such as side quests. As usual here's a list of what to expect pretty soon.

- Complete main storyline
- Tons of quests and dungeons to explore
- A bunch of random cameos such as the ones in the video below, and one from one of the games in this section.
- Some minigames including the racing one below, which will be complete some time later with time, checkpoints, and a map.
- Treasure hunting maps such as the one in the previous demo, as well as pure grinding maps.
- A lot of quests, and a lot of them easily missable. Guides on how to 100% the game will be made by me upon finish.

Check out the video below for some gameplay of various end game material. Everything in the video is non storyline related. Also the screenshots section has been updated with new screens.

Spoiler for Youtube Demo:

- -

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
I have a question, I was wanting to use MP3's from a few OSTs that I own from other games like you did with Xenogears...but wouldn't it technically be distributing the music files to other people by putting them in your game?

I'm talking about putting music from OST's that I have purchased over the years.
Couldn't you get in trouble for using Xenogear's music in your game since its technically distributing the files?

Not trying to nit-pick, I'm just wanting to know out of my own curiosity also.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
If people haven't figured out how to download game soundtracks by now, they never will. Also, how many people do you really think will be playing the game? Probably not enough for anyone to care if you use a few of their songs in it.

Well that's what I always thought, but I also thought it was something the RPG MAKER community might frown upon. I'm glad to see that people don't.

Rep:
Level 91
Blah blah blah...
This isn't hbgames.org. Just use whatever copyrighted stuff you want, because as long as you're not selling it, you're under fair use. Copyright is a stupid thing nowadays that only the big shots have, as smaller rpg makers and artists don't really have someone to jump out and complain about copyright infringement, as everyone has it, but very few people defend it.

Anyways, I'm releasing the full game at the end of this week. It will play the entire game from start to finish, all main quests, and after that I will release a "Complete" edition with bonus content. Which will be the edition that leaves RMRK.

- -

This isn't hbgames.org. Just use whatever copyrighted stuff you want, because as long as you're not selling it, you're under fair use. Copyright is a stupid thing nowadays that only the big shots have, as smaller rpg makers and artists don't really have someone to jump out and complain about copyright infringement, as everyone has it, but very few people defend it.

Anyways, I'm releasing the full game at the end of this week. It will play the entire game from start to finish, all main quests, and after that I will release a "Complete" edition with bonus content. Which will be the edition that leaves RMRK.

Glad to hear it, thanks for clearing it up.
I'm enjoying the game so far, keep it up!

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
Spoiler for Demo question:
I can't find the plant. Where is it? ._.

Rep:
Level 91
Blah blah blah...
The plant is in Dijon, south of the town. You got to get the passport from a man near the train station in order to get into the south section of the town. Once there it's a large white building. Impossible to miss. Make sure you talk to the guy in the right building first.

- -

Rep:
Level 97

You just made me obscenely happy.

Rep:
Level 91
Blah blah blah...
I AM FINISHED  :tpg:
From intro to credits everything that's important is done. A little bit later I will release the final complete edition, which will have bonus side content which was promised to be in the game but couldn't make it.
Thanks everyone who supported this project, and thanks to everyone who played it.

What is in this version of the game:
- Every main mission, and lots of side quests as well
- Addition of bonus dungeons such as the Lunar Tower. (It's the one with the MGS references, which is why snake eater was included into the soundtrack)
- Addition of ending theme. Aurora by Eri Kamiya prod. DJ Okawari
- All weapons and equipment, as well as usable items have been included. More may be added later for end game content.
- Marianne's Dress which can be worn after completing the game

What isn't in this version of the game:
- Cameo battle featuring guests from a VX project in this forum
- EX Dungeon, which is incomplete in this version. Entering may cause you to get stuck if you save.
- Minigame room, and the outrun minigame from the youtube video.
- End game content (Anything after the credits. Which means some NPCs will still speak as if you haven't completed the game yet. This will be fixed in later versions)
- Debug room (The debug room is removed from the full version of the game. No cheaters. Unless you use the debug room, save, and import your save into this version, that will also work)

If you have played the demo...
Download the full version and import your save. It will be compatible, especially with later versions.

Questions regarding the game will still be answered within this thread. Thanks once again, enjoy the game.

Download
Full Game
Mediafire - Full Game 1.0 65MB
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 08:44:53 AM by MrMoo »

- -

Rep:
Level 97
Downloading now.

Rep:
Level 97
Double posting for the bump. I have only just started but I like it a lot! Great work. I will update with my progress soon.

Also, what VX project are you thinking of taking the guests for the cameo battle from?

Rep:
Level 91
Blah blah blah...
I'm glad you are enjoying the game. Personally I felt the beginning introduction chapters to be the weakest compared to the rest of the game, and sadly that turns some people off from getting to the good parts. I found the difficulty to spike when reaching bosses or certain dungeons for people, but it's really due to not knowing weaknesses and strategies (which I try to give out through npc conversation and help curve the difficulty with sidequests to boost levels).

I will place the cameo information in a spoiler for those who don't wish to be spoiled.
Spoiler for:
The characters that will be taken are from Wings of Eternia by HowlingWinds. We have both agreed to do this in each others games, so you will see one of my characters implemented into his unique battle system.
The two characters are Mihli and Levin, and they can be fought anytime after completing the requirements.
- Talk to Mihli at Dover Inn before you leave
- Go to the Dojo and accept her challenge
- Meet and fight her and Levin
- Completing this quest will allow you to equip an item which doubles exp gain (very useful for end game leveling)

Thanks to anyone playing, the complete bonus updates will be added soon.

- -

Rep:
Level 91
Blah blah blah...
Updated the game with bug fixes and cameo battle. Grammar in some places were corrected, and permanent pass for the train can be bought. Download is below and in the first post.

Full Game
MediaFire - Full Game 1.2 65MB

Patch
MediaFire - Patch 1.2 8MB
To patch, simply replace existing files with the files located in the patch.

- -

Rep:
Level 97
Why hasn't this been moved to Finished Projects. I swear I wasn't this incompetent two months ago. Great work MrMoo. I love the game!