RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
1001 Tips and tricks to the smooth game.

Rep:
Level 85
Im by no means a George Lucas of scenes but i know a couple tricks to make cutscenes a bit better.

Tip #1 All things in gradation. movements that look too sudden make the game look tacky.
Tip #2 Use the player as your camcorder. use the option Change Hero Transparency and move the character to pan the screen. its easier in my opionion that Scroll Map.
Tip #3 Make your animations smaller. The Lightining 1 effect doesnt quite look right on a character that small. (RTP standard) Copy the Animation and use Mass Modify to reduce the maginfication to 50.
Tip #4 Play with the music a little: The Pitch scroll bar is your freind. The song you want may fit the scene better a little deeper or higher.
Tip #5 Make sure your music sounds the same Volume. When using outside music it can get difficult sometimes.
Tip #6 Tweek it and tweek it good. Somtimes the whole scene can look better if you just add in a few Wait Commands.
Tip #7 Know when to stop. Over tweakage can ruin a scene. If you can make it look good, try not to improve it too mutch.
Tip #8 Dialouge should sound and look real real. People typically face the person they talk to. also If people In your world dont commonly speak l33t then they shouldn't in the game, unless its part of their character (and i soo want to play a game with a char that does so in a medieval setting...)
Tip #9 Ask someone else's opinon before puting your final seal of approval. they might have an idea or two.
Tip #10 Finally, make sure your consistant. A guy named bob getting called ted later might cause confusion.

This is a continuing list, if you have a tip post it below put the tip # infront of it.
Eggs were before chickens, Dinosaurs laid eggs.