RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Fun, Easy minigame. {XP TUTORIAL}

Rep:
Level 85
Needing something to fillup some time in your shopping quest? well heres the thing for you!
The object of the game is to get past the crazy shoppers and get the cookies from the cookie jar. A step by step process using only events and not a whole lot even. only one local switch to that extent. basic knowlege of event commands is assumed. Lets get started shall we?

First things first make a new map.
Spoiler for:

Now make a basic room with 4 walls a door to enter,  simple right? .....right?
Spoiler for:

Now we add Ailes(?) and shelves, note the intricate spacing.
Spoiler for:

Add some Decorations and a Jar for our Cookies.....
Spoiler for:

Ok now for the actual fun part, the crazy shoppers! Ill walk you through the first one. Make a new event on the wall.
Spoiler for:

Now title this event Crazy shopper, aunt hesh or whatever. make it a graphic of any person. now the real important part, Set the event to Colilison. Now in the Event Commands put in Show Animation-Player-Blow. Right after show animation put in Move Event-Player-Jump- set the jump to Y+whatever number of spaces to just before the first set of Ailes (in this case 3) make sure it says + or you'll go in the wrong direction. Finally set up a Fast, Faster, or Fastest speed with Highest Frequency under a Custom movement route(Covered below).
Spoiler for:

Ok Expanding on the Custom movement. Count the number of spaces to the wall opposite from the one next to the event(in this case 14). Next set move directions to reach the opposite wall and back again. if it isnt already slap on Repeating.
Spoiler for:

Repeat this process to match the other Ailes. Remember to adjust the move directions and the jump distiances acordingly.
Spoiler for:

next make an event on the jar....
Spoiler for:

Throw in a quick confermation Sound effect and a message saying you got the cookies. this is an action key event. and after all that put a local switch A, and a new page
Spoiler for:

On the local switch, put a message saying in someway already got the cookies.
Spoiler for:

Add in a shopkeeper to explain the situation near the entrance, slap in some catchy music and your done!
Spoiler for:
Spoiler for:

Thanks for reading and tell me what you think of the tutorial, its my first one by the way.
*program used Posititily Knights Ver  2.0, all recorces used were provided by the program or this site*
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 08:15:55 AM by Jakonen »
Eggs were before chickens, Dinosaurs laid eggs.

Rep:
Level 85
on an unrelated note. i heard some where i can have a name pop up in a message with out typing it. by typing in the Char ID. i however have no idea how to do that.

MONOCLE MAN
Rep:
Level 89
-::Gone::-
Nice start :D

Rep:
Level 85
\n[5] will display the name of the 5th Hero in the Database.

it's the \ above the Enter or Return key, not the / next to shift.

And this could be a fun mini game :)
It could also be translated into a "Avoid the fireballs coming from the walls" mini game :)

I like it.
thanks, i knew it had something to do with the \ key.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2014 Best Counsel2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 King of RMRK2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
o; awesome

edit: also :epic:
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep