RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Description Codes

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
    Description Codes
    Version: 1.0
    Author: modern algebra
    Date: July 22, 2008

Version History

• <Version 1.0> Original Releaase July 22, 2008

Description

This script is essentially for the lazy person inside all of us. It basically allows you to use replacement codes inside a description for an item, weapon, armor, or skill. So, \n[1] would print the name of the Actor with ID 1, and \vocab[hp] would print the Vocab you set for HP in the Terms tab, etc...

Features

• Allows you to use special codes in item, weapon, armor, or skill descriptions
    • A large number of codes, including ways to print out most of the stats of the item, weapon, armor, or skill
    • Easy to use

Instructions
       To use, insert the codes you'd like to use into the description of the item, weapon, armor, or skill. The message codes you can use are:

• \n[actor_id] - prints name of actor with specified ID
    • \c[class_id] - prints name of class with specified ID
    • \s[state_id] - prints name of state with specified ID
    • \v[variable_id] - prints value of variable with specified ID
    • \e[element_id] - prints name of element with specified ID
    • \vocab[value] - prints vocab for that value. Suitable values for this are: level, level_a, hp, hp_a, mp, mp_a, atk, def, spi, agi, weapon, armor1, armor2, armor3, armor4, weapon1, weapon2, attack, skill, guard, item, equip, status, save, game_end, fight, escape, new_game, shutdown, to_title, continue, cancel, gold
    • \p - prints price                         (Items, Weapons, or Armors ONLY)
    • \spd - prints speed stat value                      (Skills or Items ONLY)
    • \dmg - prints damage stat value                     (Skills or Items ONLY)
    • \var - prints variance stat value                   (Skills or Items ONLY)
    • \atkf - prints Attack F stat value                  (Skills or Items ONLY)
    • \spif - prints Spirit F stat value                  (Skills or Items ONLY)
    • \hr - prints hit ratio                            (Skills or Weapons ONLY)
    • \mpc - prints mp cost value                                  (Skills ONLY)
    • \mpr - prints mp rate percentile                              (Items ONLY)
    • \mpv - prints mp value                                        (Items ONLY)
    • \hpr - prints hp rate percentile                              (Items ONLY)
    • \hpv - prints hp value                                        (Items ONLY)
    • \pn - prints paramter name (MaxHP etc...)                     (Items ONLY)
    • \pv - prints parameter points (50, etc...)                    (Items ONLY)
    • \eva - prints evasion                                        (Armors ONLY)
    • \atk - prints Attack                              (Weapons or Armors ONLY)
    • \def - prints Defense                             (Weapons or Armors ONLY)
    • \spi - prints Spirit                              (Weapons or Armors ONLY)
    • \agi - prints Agility                             (Weapons or Armors ONLY)

Script

[/list]
    Code: [Select]
    #==============================================================================
    #  Description Replacement Codes
    #  Version 1.0
    #  Author: modern algebra (rmrk.net)
    #  Date: July 20, 2008
    #~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    #  Description:
    #
    #    This script basically just allows the use of some basic message codes in
    #  item descriptions.
    #  Instructions:
    #
    #    To use, insert the codes you'd like to use into the description of the
    #  item, weapon, armor, or skill. The message codes you can use are:
    #
    #  General Codes
    #    \n[actor_id] - prints name of actor with specified ID
    #    \c[class_id] - prints name of class with specified ID
    #    \s[state_id] - prints name of state with specified ID
    #    \v[variable_id] - prints value of variable with specified ID
    #    \e[element_id] - prints name of element with specified ID
    #    \vocab[value] - prints vocab for that item type. Suitable values for this
    #                  are: level, level_a, hp, hp_a, mp, mp_a, atk, def, spi,
    #                    agi, weapon, armor1, armor2, armor3, armor4, weapon1,
    #                    weapon2, attack, skill, guard, item, equip, status, save,
    #                    game_end, fight, escape, new_game, shutdown, to_title,
    #                    continue, cancel, gold
    #    \p - prints price                         (Items, Weapons, or Armors ONLY)
    #    \spd - prints speed stat value                      (Skills or Items ONLY)
    #    \dmg - prints damage stat value                     (Skills or Items ONLY)
    #    \var - prints variance stat value                   (Skills or Items ONLY)
    #    \atkf - prints Attack F stat value                  (Skills or Items ONLY)
    #    \spif - prints Spirit F stat value                  (Skills or Items ONLY)
    #    \hr - prints hit ratio                            (Skills or Weapons ONLY)
    #    \mpc - prints mp cost value                                  (Skills ONLY)
    #    \mpr - prints mp rate percentile                              (Items ONLY)
    #    \mpv - prints mp value                                        (Items ONLY)
    #    \hpr - prints hp rate percentile                              (Items ONLY)
    #    \hpv - prints hp value                                        (Items ONLY)
    #    \pn - prints paramter name (MaxHP etc...)                     (Items ONLY)
    #    \pv - prints parameter points (50, etc...)                    (Items ONLY)
    #    \eva - prints evasion                                        (Armors ONLY)
    #    \atk - prints Attack                              (Weapons or Armors ONLY)
    #    \def - prints Defense                             (Weapons or Armors ONLY)
    #    \spi - prints Spirit                              (Weapons or Armors ONLY)
    #    \agi - prints Agility                             (Weapons or Armors ONLY)
    # ** RPG::BaseItem
    #  Summary of Changes:
    #    aliased method - description

class RPG::BaseItem
      #~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      # * Description
      #~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      alias modalg_desc_codes_description_extract_8fn3 description
      def description
        # Get duplicate of actual description
        text = modalg_desc_codes_description_extract_8fn3.dup
        # Substitute codes for their actual values
        text.gsub! (/\\n\[(\d+)\]/i) { $game_actors[$1.to_i].name }   # Actor Name
        text.gsub! (/\\c\[(\d+)\]/i) { $data_classes[$1.to_i].name }  # Class Name
        text.gsub! (/\\s\[(\d+)\]/i) { $data_states[$1.to_i].name }   # State Name
        text.gsub! (/\\v\[(\d+)\]/i) { $game_variables[$1.to_i].to_s }     # Variable
        text.gsub! (/\\e\[(\d+)\]/i) { $data_elements[$1.to_i].name } # Element
        begin
          text.gsub! (/\\vocab\[(\w+)\]/i) {eval ("Vocab.#{$1.to_s}")}# Vocabulary
        rescue
        end
        # Skill or Item ONLY
        if self.is_a? (RPG::UsableItem)
          text.gsub! (/\\spd/i)  { self.speed }                       # Speed
          text.gsub! (/\\dmg/i)  { self.base_damage }                 # Damage
          text.gsub! (/\\var/i)  { self.variance }                    # Variance
          text.gsub! (/\\atkf/i) { self.atk_f }                       # Attack F
          text.gsub! (/\\spif/i) { self.spi_f }                       # Spirit F
        end
        # Skill or Weapon ONLY
        text.gsub! (/\\hr/i) {self.hit} if self.is_a? (RPG::Weapon) || self.is_a? (RPG::Skill)
        # Item ONLY
        if self.is_a? (RPG::Item)
          text.gsub! (/\\hpr/i) { self.hp_recovery_rate }             # HP Percent
          text.gsub! (/\\hpv/i) { self.hp_recovery }                  # HP Value
          text.gsub! (/\\mpr/i) { self.mp_recovery_rate }             # MP Percent
          text.gsub! (/\\mpv/i) { self.mp_recovery }                  # MP Value
          text.gsub! (/\\pv/i)  { self.parameter_points }             # Param. Value
          if text[/\\pn/i]
            vocab = ["Max + #{Vocab.hp}", "Max + #{Vocab.mp}", Vocab.atk,
                     Vocab.def, Vocab.spi, Vocab.agi]
            text.gsub! (/\\pn/i) { vocab[self.parameter_type] }       # Param. Name
          end
        end
        # Items, Weapons, or Armor ONLY
        unless self.is_a? (RPG::Skill)
          text.gsub! (/\\p/i) { self.price }
          # Armor ONLY
          text.gsub! (/\\eva/i) {self.hit} if self.is_a? (RPG::Armor)
          # Armor or Weapon ONLY
          if self.is_a? (RPG::Armor) || self.is_a? (RPG::Weapon)
            text.gsub! (/\\atk/i) { self.atk }
            text.gsub! (/\\def/i) { self.def }
            text.gsub! (/\\spi/i) { self.spi }
            text.gsub! (/\\agi/i) { self.agi }
          end
        end
        # Return the text with substituted codes
        return text
      end
    end

Credit

• modern algebra

Thanks

Support

Post here for the swiftest response

Creative Commons License
    This script by modern algebra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.
    « Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 09:54:10 PM by Modern Algebra »

Rep:
    Level 85
    Jack of all Trades
    Thank! YOU! lol. This was exactly the salve i was looking for.

Makes for a good reference.
    « Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 12:27:11 AM by Arclight »
    Arclight

A Jack of all Trades
    An Ace of None

Rep: +0/-0Level 85
    Sorry, this might be out of the topic...
    can you make it that if i do \f or something my text dialog box will display whoever my main character currently? and work with NMS3 by Wortana? or at least work with it?

Rep:
    Level 97
    2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
    This is only for the description that is shown when you hover over an item, skill, weapon, or armor. It isn't for text boxes.