RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[REQUEST] A Banking Script in RMVX

Rep:
Level 87
Let God judge me only !
Well I need a script that allows you to deposit/withdraw item/gold to and from where I decide, such as a Bank Event in my project.
I tried to make a Gold deposit with variables, but I encounter with withdrawing the money I've store. And I think if I do the same with items without a scipt it should be a DAMNED nuisance.  :=:
I asked modern algebra if he could write the script but he's busy at this time, so I post a request in this box and wonder if someone can help me.

A script that allows you to deposit/withdraw item/gold. I think that not only me need this but more RPG makers do, too  :-*
Live how long and when to die. You and me, both we don't have the right to decide that.

Rep:
Level 85
no script is needed here, just do with events and variables:
original by moder algebra modern algebra II (just fixed a few bugs)
Code: [Select]
@>Loop
  @>Text: \GHow much would you like to deposit?
  @>Input Number [XXX: Transaction Amount], 4 digits
  @> Control Variables: [YYY: Party Gold] = Gold
  @>Conditional Branch: Variable [XXX] <= Variable [YYY]
    @>Break Loop
    @>
    : Branch END
  @>Text: You do not have enough \v[XXX] Gold
  @>Show Choices: Let me try again..., Forget it
   : When [Let me try again...]
      @>
   : When [Forget it]
      @>Exit Event Processing
   : Branch End
 :Repeat Above
@>Control Variables: [ZZZ: Money in Bank] += Variable [XXX: Transaction Amount]
@>change gold:-[xxx:transaction amount]
@>Text: You now have \v[ZZZ] in the bank! Please come again
this is for deposit but it is like the same for withdraw

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
he wants it for items too which gets complicated :(

Rep:
Level 87
Let God judge me only !
Yes, and that's the point !
Gold banking event can be made simply with variables and switches, but what can I do for the items ?
MA said that a script would do it best, and if nobody's bother to take this request, he'll do it in his spare time.
But I wonder when will MA's spare time come  :-X
Live how long and when to die. You and me, both we don't have the right to decide that.

Rep:
Level 85
items can be pretty tough, maby you could try with multiple party script and transfer the items from one to another party.

Rep:
Level 87
Let God judge me only !
I used MA's multi-parties script and well-control it, but I need exactly an Item Deposit & Withdraw System.
I think items in this script can be related on their ID in DB and blah blah blah ... But I'm too dump about scripting  :=:

But I wonder myself : Did nobody need this kind of script ? If in an Action-RPG, this can be understood as a Stash (Diablo), in a Classic RPG (like Breath of Fire 1,2) this can be considered as a Bank.
I think this script will be a great help, and the one who writes that should be considered a Hero  :lol:

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Well, it'd really only be helpful if there is some kind of limit on how much the party can carry - since there are no default limits built in to RMVX, why would anyone want to place their stuff in a bank so that they can't use it if they need to?

Rep:
Level 87
Let God judge me only !
If you didn't notice me about that I wouldn't realize that.
Maybe I was so silly about that  :=:
Just forget about the request. I'll consider some more important problem  :=:

Rep:
Level 85
maby you could do it like this: if the player wants to put an item in the bank you delete that item from his inventory and give him a note, like this:
the player want an iron longsword to go into the bank, then you give him an iron longsword note in return, when he wants back his longsword you take away the note and return the longsword.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
oh like runescape notes. SOO many MMOS miss this cool feature. however it wont work here because your just swapping items and whats the point.

It is possible to make a banking script for items its just kinda tricky.

Rep:
Level 85
i dont really know but he wants a item banking system so he could try this, but i know another way: one variable for each item he wants the player to store in the bank, than if he stores an item you delete it from the inventory and do the item variable+1, when he wants back his item you give him the item and do the item variable -1, example:
the player wants to store an kings sword, than you take away the kings sword and do the kings sword variable+1, when he wants back his king sword you give him the king sword and do the kings sword variable-1.
warning: this can cost you like 10 hours when you have much items, you should only do this if you really want it, if you do just make 1 item this way and (when you're sure this doposit/return for this item works) just copy and paste this like 100 times, you only have to change the item and the variable right than wich can cost you like 3 hours less.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
The variables are the easy part. Eventing the scene for Depositing and Withdrawing Items is the difficult part. You would need conditional branches for every item, multiple conditional branches for every weapon and armour, and you'd need to display it all in Choice Branches or through picture eventing (the only way it will look nice). In any case, he doesn't seem to want it anymore:

Just forget about the request.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 08:58:23 PM by mod »

Rep:
Level 87
Let God judge me only !
I don't really want to abandon it, but if I use it, I must need another script set that goes along well with it : Inventory Category and Inventory Limitation.
That should bring me more trouble, but if there's someone who's kind to write these script sets I will surely use them.