RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Composite Character Sets / Visual Equipment

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Well, all of the edits I made up to December 5, 2009, are included in the script.

As far as I know, the only edits I made after that are compatibility patches, meaning that they are only relevant if you have the conflicting script. As far as I know, all of the compatibility patches I made are listed in the "Known Compatibility Issues" of the first post, so just see if you have any of those scripts and, if so, grab the corresponding patch.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 11:14:43 PM by modern algebra »

Rep: +0/-0Level 64
Lavadora Letal
Amazing script, MA. I've been lurking a few months at this site but I've never commented (because I can't speak english properly) and I think this script is particularly interesting.
On the other hand, I'm using the Extra Movement Frames script and it's a shame that they're not compatible.

Is there any chance of a compatibility patch in the future?

Rep: +0/-0Level 56
One Swift Kick
Hey, i don't know if you still check this thread, but its worth a try. the script works amazing, but when i am in the game and i try to save, the game shuts down with an error (i named the script 'Equip'):

Script 'Equip' line 480: NoMethodError occured
undefined method 'Composite_Character' for "Actor 3":String

The only Other Scripts I Am Running Are 'Requiem ABS 9' and 'Dargor Map Name Popup'
and, of course the rtp scripts.

If Anyone can fix this, thank you.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 08:36:17 PM by lenercopa »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
You have to delete your old save files.

Rep: +0/-0Level 56
One Swift Kick
oh thats it? well, i feel stupid....
thanks bro.

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
Sorry for the necro but I'd love to use this script. Though I do have one question.

Is it possible to edit this script just so that not only the sprite but also the face is edited.

I'm in need of something like a character creation in the beginning of my game.
There are three races to the main face would be one of these three depending on the choice they made, also male or female. So the bases would have been chosen because of that. But I'd love to let my players choose their hair style and colour, eye style and colour, markings and accessories, something like the RMVXA character generator but then inside the VX game.

I would want to use some face-sets for different hairstyles, eye-styles, etc. depending on male/female, and the same for the hairstyles and eye-colour on sprite-bases.

If you would even consider thinking about taking this question/request about this script and changing it so that that too is made possible, I'd be very, very, very grateful.

Oh, and I love most of the scripts you made, they are all very compatible with all of the others I use.

As blonde as can be!!!
Doesn't mean I'm the dumb one...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spoiler for supporting!:

hail satan buddy 666
Rep:
Level 55
Blagil VlUE
Lovely script
[

Rep: +0/-0Level 55
RMRK Junior
I wanted to see if it was possible to add in tinting. I really only want it as a way to control brightness (RGB together) and contrast (grey).

Rep:
Level 97
No, there isn't. Sorry.

Rep: +0/-0Level 73
RMRK Junior
This script seems to block the "change character graphic" event, which I have used a LOT throughout my project.  It would be a nightmare to have to associate every single one of those events with your script.

Edit: I was hesitant to use a parallel common event for what I needed, but apparently it's not going to lag the game like I thought it would. Yay!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 07:14:20 AM by paladinheart »