RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Features

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Alright, in looking at the scripting system, it looks pretty ok to learn, and there is a database on their forums that I can use to pick up on things, or to steal from.

so, here's the question.

What do we want as features?

Features List:
  • Achievements
  • <cont>

I personally think achievements would be sweet, and there is already a script made for 'em, so we 'could' put them in.  :P

edit: apparently the game is an ABS by default, are we all cool with this or should we attempt to change it?
I like the idea of an ABS, as it is more involving than boring point and click MMORPGS
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 01:16:17 AM by Agito »

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
I'm okay with ABS.

Alright, in looking at the scripting system, it looks pretty ok to learn, and there is a database on their forums that I can use to pick up on things, or to steal from.

so, here's the question.

List:

• Player to Player Transactions
Not sure yet what we need though.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 01:38:35 AM by Minato »
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I believe there is a way to do player to player transactions already

or maybe not
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 01:35:24 AM by Agito »

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Perfectly fine with ABS.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Skills you can get from Equipping certain equipments. ;8
So even weak classes can learn powerful skills (accordingly of course)
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Skills you can get from Equipping certain equipments. ;8
So even weak classes can learn powerful skills (accordingly of course)

I'm not 100% sure if I can pull that off.

the current skill learning system is a system of scrolls, where you learn a skill by using a scroll.  I 'might' be able to make it give you a skill by equipping something, and remove the skill if you do not have it equipped...but I'm not sure at the moment.

I believe there is a way to do player to player transactions already

or maybe not

I was wrong, v4.4 (the one we're using) has player to player trading

oh yes, and we 'must' use the paperdoll
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 03:13:39 PM by Agito »

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Yup!  There are some things already done.  Others, we can find a way around with the scripting system, but that one's somewhat limited.  But with creativity and knowledge, we can do many things.

I first need you to have in mind one thing: this game can be absurd at times.  We can have one place that looks medieval, and others that look modern, and things like that.  That is why I call it RMRK Universe, and not RMRK Kingdom or something like that.  The concept of Universe allows for more variety and expansion, etc.  You get the idea.  So almost everything that comes to our minds for quests, items, NPC's and places could be possible.  For example, I want to make some series of collectible items.  Those are items that you get just for fun (gotta see if there's an inventory limit, though we have banks, too), but that maybe, when you complete the collection, a title could be granted.

Another feature comes in, then: titles or ranks.  These are achieved in many different ways.  You start with a basic title and later on you can have a new one.  And that title can describe the type of player you are, for example.  It can also grant you access to areas, quests, and even items.  This should be possible.

Quests.  Those are a must.  Don't you love questing?  I do!  LOL.  We can have a quest where you fight someone like... um... Fadark-something?  Well, whoever.  We can do about anything that crosses our minds in the Universe of RMRK!

Areas.  All sorts of areas possible!  To towns, to forests, to caves, to parallel dimensions, time traveling...  Anything that we can do as long as we have the right graphics.

NPC's.  Those that gives quests, those that are just for decoration, those that have interesting things to say, those that represent someone we are familiar with, etc.

Special Events and Holidays.  Those are a must, in my opinion!  They add a great feeling.  Makes players feel that the world is actually alive and that things keep happening.  Static worlds are booooring.

Basically, I want this game to be simple, yet fun and never boring.  That players can do more than just fight monsters and level up.  That they can hang out, hunt for items, beat dungeons, complete quests, explore areas, solve mysteries, participate in events, etc.

Scheduled updates/expansions.  Because we can't just throw an update every time we feel like it.  Remember that there is no auto-updater yet.  Maybe in the future there will be one.  So every time the players need to update, they'll have to download a package and unzip it.  Some files might be removed from the game when they are no longer necessary, so we also need to organize how we add content to the game so that there won't be any problems.  That's the only downside of these engines and not being able to program ourselves.  If we had an auto-patcher, things would be much easier.  We must announce updates and expansions with time, in order to prepare players.  We also need to decide how often we'll update, and what will be added with every update.  Yes, there are many things that need to be planned carefully.  I wanted to add this here.

More?  Just post.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 11:59:03 PM by Starfish »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
titles = achievements.
also, all those things are a given, really.
I'm trying to think up things that would make this game unique