RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Introduce yourselves!

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Okay, first things first!

Let's start by knowing each other!  Please tell us who you are, some bits about your interests, hobbies and talents (if you are comfortable with sharing this info), why you joined the RMRKU project (what's your interest in it?), what are your expectations, and what you would like to do as part of the team!  And if there's anything else you want to add, go ahead.

Thanks for joining, and welcome!

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Yo, I'm NAMKCOR, and I'm looking to see if we can make a free MMO that is actually GOOD

edit: ALSO I POST A LOT!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 12:18:06 AM by Agito »

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
and I'm looking to see if we can make a free MMO that is actually GOOD

Amen brah.

I'm SirJackRex and I always wanted to make an MMO and just looking for fun. :)

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
I'm Leventhan and I wish to help people realize their dreams. ^_^
Wish to be of assistance!
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
And I am Arwym (Jessica), and I am hoping to make one of my dreams come true!  Actually, more than one!

First, to make a fun and original MMO.  And second, to do something for this wonderful community!  Something that will bring us even closer, that will make us laugh and have fun, and share new things, even outside the forums.  This is a community project, more than anything.  And when things have advanced a little more, I'll try to allow more participation from the regular members.

This is a game that should be fun, but it should also reflect the spirit of this community.  It doesn't have to be the best game, and it doesn't have to be the most serious.  It can be funny, absurd, stupid, or whatever the community decides.  Because, after all, this is for the RMRK community.
But, anyway...  That's how it all started.  An idea of making an MMO for a specific group of people.  That was the original concept and I hope it stays like that, somehow.

I am very happy that this finally started, and I thank all of you for committing yourselves to this project in a way or another.  I truly appreciate it.  I couldn't do this alone.  Sometimes I doubted that the day we finally began to develop together would ever come.

Again, thank you.

On another subject, Arwym (me, duh) loves the social web, and RPG's.  She is also obsessed with do-it-yourself stuff, therefore open source software and open community projects, such as this one, where everybody can contribute.  She used to be the owner of a small but active community that was first known as Eternal Fantasy (back in 2005), but then became Project Fantasy, until it closed in 2007.  The community might re-open someday, or it might not.  She used to roleplay, and then she got herself started in the pixel-dolling hobby and into creating flash animations.  This lasted only about a year, though.  Arwym has lots of hobbies and interests, for which she can't list them all.  She'll also change her mind very often, so what she says today might not be valid tomorrow.  :o  The end.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 11:20:10 PM by Starfish »