RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[DEMO] VANITY: Satan's Wish

Rep:
Level 86

[BACKGROUND]
Originally, Complete Chaos was supposed to be it for me, but after playing a Killer7 fangame, I loved its style so much, that I just HAD to make one of my own. A flood of ideas began pouring in my head, and I started the game almost immediately. The game was made in an in-game comic book sort of way. I don't really know how to describe it, but it was awesome playing it (too bad it was cancelled, the demo was merely a collection of events and extremely buggy). It was unlike anything I've seen or played before.

Anyway, the demo contains only the game's first four dungeons. It's not terribly long, and isn't as involved (obviously) as the full game is going to be.

[STORYLINE]
An old sage prophesied that in two years, the world will face mass destruction and only one woman can stop this. Two men, ALEXANDER ASHFORD and BRUCE DUNLOP make many attempts to find this woman, met with failure each time, for the sage informs them that they are not meant to find this girl... However, one evening, the sage decides to lead them to them to the one man who is... MARCUS FORD, whose life is changed forever by the fateful meeting. Joined by several others, Marcus is forced to find the demon threatening to end the world and stop it...however...he soon learn that things are not as black and white as they seem... With the world wiped clean, every living creature on it is now on an equal playing field. Will you side with the forces of light to find the new Messiah, or side with the darkness to bring forth Azazel, the Savior of all demons? Or...will you become a rebel, and overthrow both orders? Your fate is solely in your hands...

[CHARACTERS (in the demo)]

MARCUS FORD   
   As a youth, Marcus has had trouble with the law, but he has since turned his life around.    
   Since he was a child, a young girl would talk to him in his dreams. Calling her his    
   "dream buddy," he spoke to her until his late teens, in which the communications stopped.    
   The mysterious dream woman now returns, warning him that the world's future will soon       
   depends on his hands. Thrust into a situation beyond his control, Marcus knows that the only
   way he can solve this mystery, as well as to fully understand his powers, is to find this    
   girl.  

CHELSIA ASHFORD
   Chelsia is the beautiful, rich wife of Alexander Ashford, a well-known and respected lawyer    
   who's been involved in black magic. Chelsia is well aware of Alexander's quest for power,    
   and pretends to be oblivious until the right time to strike. Unlike most, Chelsia doesn't    
   fear the demons. She believes that demons are pawns, and can be very powerful allies if used
   correctly. Chelsia dreams of a world of equal opportunity, a world where power can obtained    
   by anyone who deserve it, a world of absolute freedom. She knows this could bring about    
   frequent war and chaos, but she believes that war would be a great tool to separate the weak
   from the strong.

ASHKII HASTIIN
   Ashkii and and a fellow friend were raised together by Leo, a wise man who taught them the gift of magic,
   and how to control it. He taught them the way of the light, and warned them that the future    
   will bring about great pain and destruction to mankind. Ashkii serves as his childhood friend's older    
   brother, shielding her and protecting her from the world. He too doesn't know his real       
   parents, and sees his fellow friend and Leo as his only family. Recently, Leo was kidnapped by a man    
   named Alexander, who was told that Leo could lead him to a great power. Ashkii desires to    
   continue the fight for peace until the end, believing that he and his childhood friend will soon find    
   the Chosen One.

NEVILLE LONDON
   Neville serves as a link between the human world and the under world. Being a demon himself,
   his primary purpose is to assist the demons into obtaining the power and the control he    
   feels they deserve. He walks the Earth as a man, looking for suitable warriors to help carry
   out his plan. The first to catch his eye was Chelsia Ashford, a human female who was trying    
   to build a demon army of her own. Their similar goals led them to form an alliance. Neville    
   taught Chelsia her powers and everything she knows about demons. Despite the followers of    
   light trying to suppress the demons, Neville feels confident that the dark will finally    
   overcome the "righteous."

[THE BREAKDOWN]
There are three story branches in the game, RIGHTEOUS, BALANCE, and FREEDOM. There are eight total playable characters, but you can only have a party of four, and the choices you make will determine who will join your party.

RIGHTEOUS: Consists of people who are holy and pure, people who believe that the demons must be wiped clean if the Earth is to retain the order and peace it once had. They fight to find the "Chosen One," one of supreme power and goodness who will watch the world and protect it, quickly destroying anyone who threatens to cause disruption.

BALANCE: A rebel, one who decides to go against both "orders." Agree that neither humans nor demons are 100% good or evil, and believe that people should govern themselves.

FREEDOM: Individuals who believe in the freedom of the demons. Worship the demon god Azazel and anticipate his return. Those who follow him will become his right-hand men and will take part in creating a world of absolute freedom where man will do as he please, where no one will be held back by the "rules" of society any longer.

BATTLE CODES:

Solar - Dark Blue [Weak against Earth]
   Earth - Yellow [Weak against Solar]

White - Light Purple [Weak against Black]
   Black - Black [Weak against White]

Moon - Pale Blue [Weak against Sun]
   Sun - Orange [Weak against Moon]

Atomic - Red [Weak against Twilight]
   Twilight - Green [Weak against Atomic]

Physical - Brown [Weak against Magical]
   Magical - Purple [Weak against Physical]
   No Element - Pink[/hide]

[SCREENSHOTS]

[DOWNLOADS - RPG Maker NOT required]

- Complete Game - Music+Sound (70 MB)

--

- Main Folder only - (21 MB)

- Music Folder (39 MB)]

- Sound Folder (9 MB)

And that's it! Constructive criticism is both appreciated and encouraged...but needless flames are not and will be ignored.

BLOG: http://www.gatesindependent.blogspot.com/

« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 10:17:54 AM by Yeaster »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
There's a really unique feeling to this game that I love. Nice work and I'll try and make time to play the demo.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
I recognize some of that from the Animatrix :x
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Seems interesting.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 86
Thank, I appreciate these comments.

My goal was to create a "different" look, so to speak, but I didn't want it to come across as being off-putting.