RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Music] lol castlevania-y

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 08:05:01 AM by irock »

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
I love the flute
and the piano

the drums fit so well.

Nice!
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
LOL awesome

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 96
:tpg:

I've been touched by a Marlin!

:3 Glad you liked it, I guess that means I've improved somewhat!

Rep:
Level 96
New piece, started and finished in an hour, but I wanted to keep it fairly simple. :3

Wicked Child~

Rep:
Level 85
 It seems you are a man of many talents, Mr. Sparrow. Your songs have a very authentic feel to them; all of these seem to be on par with the best that video-game music has to offer (melodic, catchy, nice progressions, etc.), thus making them better than most everything else that I've heard from the professional MIDI school of music.
 I'd be very eager to see what you could do if you ever got your hands on some more advanced music creation tools since, as I imagine, if you can properly utilize the [arguably] low quality sound of most midi synthesizers, you would undoubtedly be a contender for big time production companies.
Oh, it's so close, oh so close! The next one in December, maybe? Perhaps so...more than that, you say? Do tell!

Rep:
Level 96
Forgive me if you knew this already, but I just want to point out that the second piece is a remix of an old official castlevania song. :3 I never mentioned that in the post I linked it in, forgot to because I was tired. >_<

THANK YOU though. I really appreciate that compliment. I've been trying to move into more professional software but I keep running into one recurring stumbling block- I can't find anyone to teach me how to use the software D:

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
No, stay on Tabit so that you can just put up .tbts and they won't eat up my hard drive. XD

EDIT: Okay, "The Wicked Child Reborn" pretty much is Castlevania. XD But good job on making it your own. Of course, the only way I know what it sounds like is from the Minibosses. :P Anyways, get arl to teach you ?_? I think he knows some pro stuffs.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 03:20:40 AM by Manatee »

Rep:
Level 96
I tried once, but he's a pretty guy. Plus, I don't like bothering someone who's so much better than me, because like, any time he spends teaching me anything, he can't spend writing his own stuff, and I'd feel like kind of a dick keeping him from his awesome. >_<

And yes, I know that sounds lame, but I'm being honest.

Rep:
Level 96
Started another one, the Penultimate Toccata~

This is a completely original piece.

Rep:
Level 96
Dude, seriously, check out the tabits I made about theory that I made a thread about here, and feel free to IM me any time I'm online, because whenever I'm on AIM it means I have nothing better to do, so you can go ahead and IM me

edit: except when it's 2 am, because that means I'm drunk. In which case, plz IM me anyway because LULZ could ensue.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 06:00:17 AM by Marlin »

Rep:
Level 96
:D

I actually have all of the music theory tabs saved- I was the one that suggested making the topic, if iirc. :3 And I will definitely add you on AIM first thing tomorrow.

Rep:
Level 85
 I don't know which software you intend to use, but I'm pretty knowledgeable about Cakewalk/Sonar/VST plugins (using midi, of course) and whatnot. Not sure if that helps <i>you</i>, but, like Marlin, I would also proffer my arguably limited knowledge on the subject.
 About Penultimate Toccata (which was nice to listen to- the first half sounded reminiscent of Final Fantasy, at least): I've been listening to a lot of songs on these boards lately, and while it doesn't happen too often, I notice that sometimes the .mid files have extended periods of silence after the song proper ends. While I don't know exactly why this occurs, I know at least how to fix it. If you open your sheet music view (or page or bar or whatever your program calls it) and go to the last note, you might find that it's exceptionally long for some reason. Just replace it and (for good measure) stick a rest in there. That's usually what works for me, anyway.
Oh, it's so close, oh so close! The next one in December, maybe? Perhaps so...more than that, you say? Do tell!

Rep:
Level 96
I know what the space at the end is from.

If you open TabIt up, it gives you 100 or 200 or so bars from the start. You can add more or take them away, but whatever. Now, not all midi instruments/patches ring out, but when midi sees a note ON it waits for a note OFF, and that note OFF might not come until the end of the midi data.

So, you know, it won't stop until it gets to bar 200. It doesn't matter if you chose an instrument that doesn't ring out, if you don't stop the note it'll keep going (stay ON) until it reaches that last bar because the last bar tells everything to stop. That's why there's all that empty space at the end.

Rep:
Level 96
Yeah basically it's because I didn't just clip it off, and left it on. :V Thank you though, I'll try to look up some info on cakewalk today.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Wow, I like the "Penultimate Toccata." :3 You would do organs.

Rep:
Level 96
>:3

Of course. I <3 them.