RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Rabid Mac fanboys vs. Rabid Windows fanboys (oh, and BOE, too)

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I am now one ;-;

www.apple.com

take a look at everything new, amazing.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Not even. I don't even see a use for a windows computer anymore :/

gaming right?

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
There are only 3 reasons to use a mac:
1. Video production
2. Music production
3. College students who think macs are awesome because they look cool and find those mac vs. PC ads on TV funny.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
You just spent a lot of money on a new computer. D=

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
1. Video production
2. Music production
3. College students who think macs are awesome because they look cool and find those mac vs. PC ads on TV funny.
4. Macs can run windows XP or Vista through partitioning the hard drive, so there's virtually no downside to spending a little extra to get a mac, now. The dual boot software comes standard with the new OS.

Just hold down the ALT key when booting up and it'll ask you which OS to boot up in.

But hey, I have one because I fall into 1 and 2 anyway, lol.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 01:54:34 AM by Marlin »

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
1. Video production
2. Music production
4. Macs can run windows XP or Vista through partitioning the hard drive, so there's virtually no downside to spending a little extra to get a mac, now. The dual boot software comes standard with the new OS.

Just hold down the ALT key when booting up and it'll ask you which OS to boot up in.

But hey, I have one because I fall into 1 and 2 anyway, lol.

I'd rather just have a mac for 1 and/or 2 and a PC for everything else. But I didn't know you could do that, so that's pretty cool I guess.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
It's not the devices I don't like it's their fanboys :/
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 97
Same here. Except for iPods. I hate those.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
^^ i have to agree with roph. I don't like it when another company intro's something else, and the apple group jumps in with stupid comments (http://www.engadget.com/)

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
If only there were another company that use the best of both worlds...and make an even better one.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
show me something macs can do but windows cant and ill head over there. I always though about getting a mac laptop for school work and sticking with my xp pc :D

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll

THIS IS WHY WE NEED MACS BECAUSE THEY ARE EASY TO USE AND YOU GET MORE DONE FASTER. NO LONGER SHOULD YOU HAVE TO MANUALLY SEARCH FOR THAT ONE SPECIAL FILTER IN PHOTOSHOP.

Rep:
Level 96
I didn't even know I could do that. :O
That's really gonna come in handy, especially with programs like Photoshop or Finale, which frequently re-arrange their menus with every new version. >:(

Rep:
Level 102
So I went to an Apple store to try out Leopard. I was using a 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory 24" iMac in the store. Me and the iMac got to play with one another for about 30 minutes. I decided that I'm going to save up for a Mac.

A few reasons:
  • Spotlight - Spotlight in OS X is better than ANY search tool I've seen yet. It's REALLY fast, it's simple, it searches my whole hard drive, (unlike Vista's start menu search bar) it does math equations without the need for a separate application, and it gives me definitions WITH Wikipedia articles. These things I want and need. All of this is presented to you quickly.
  • Help Search - As shown in this video, it's easy to find items in programs and folders. There's really not an easier or quicker way to do it. I'm certain I've spent at least a total of a fraction of a year trying to find things in Windows.
  • Spaces - Spaces is a great way to multitask. When using Leopard, I found myself flipping from space to space, all without the need for minimizing Windows. This may not be something everyone would use, but I found it to be a useful feature.
  • Time Machine - Backing up files has never been easier. A few times a month I delete a file that I should have saved, and wind up regretting it later. With Time Machine I can retrieve that file EASILY.
  • Zoom - I have bad eyes, and I need to zoom every now and then.
  • Quiet - The iMac had to be the most quiet computer I had ever used. My computer won't ever shut up, and I have to sleep with this thing on.
  • Looks - This isn't really a decider for me, but some of you are all "YEAH MAN I GOT A SUPER CASE WITH A WINDOW ON IT AND IT GLOWS BLUE AND IT'S PRETTY." Macs are, in my opinion, the most gorgeous computers on the market. 1 2 3

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
    A few reasons:
    • Spotlight - Spotlight in OS X is better than ANY search tool I've seen yet. It's REALLY fast, it's simple, it searches my whole hard drive, (unlike Vista's start menu search bar) it does math equations without the need for a separate application, and it gives me definitions WITH Wikipedia articles. These things I want and need. All of this is presented to you quickly.

The speed is on how much ram you have and what your processor is clocking at. Mac users just seem to be lazier than any other OS user.

Edit: Also calculator

• Help Search - As shown in this video, it's easy to find items in programs and folders. There's really not an easier or quicker way to do it. I'm certain I've spent at least a total of a fraction of a year trying to find things in Windows.

I don't think Windows has a program to deal with retardation. ?_?

• Spaces - Spaces is a great way to multitask. When using Leopard, I found myself flipping from space to space, all without the need for minimizing Windows. This may not be something everyone would use, but I found it to be a useful feature.

You've sort of beat windows, or atleast all the people who don't know about Blackbox.

• Time Machine - Backing up files has never been easier. A few times a month I delete a file that I should have saved, and wind up regretting it later. With Time Machine I can retrieve that file EASILY.

Windows has this feature. !_!
    Spoiler for:

• Quiet - The iMac had to be the most quiet computer I had ever used. My computer won't ever shut up, and I have to sleep with this thing on.

Anyone can build a quite computer ?_?

• Looks - This isn't really a decider for me, but some of you are all "YEAH MAN I GOT A SUPER CASE WITH A WINDOW ON IT AND IT GLOWS BLUE AND IT'S PRETTY." Macs are, in my opinion, the most gorgeous computers on the market. 1 2 3
    ffffffffffffff[/list]
    « Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 07:30:04 PM by Asuka Langley Soryu »

Rep:
    Level 96
      A few reasons:

The speed is on how much ram you have and what your processor is clocking at. Mac users just seem to be lazier than any other OS user.
      Not quite the same thing, since Mac's search features search help files from other programs, too. It also searches menus, and lots of other things not included in the "all files and folders" category.
      Basically, windows can only search for physical files and objects, Macs search for words anywhere and categorizes them and make them easy to browse through (which we all know windows doesn't do, because when you search for all files and folders it just blindly throws them into the windows as it finds them.)

And just because Windows takes extra and unnecessary work doesn't make Mac users lazy.

It makes Windows users have to do extra and unnecessary work.

It's a computer. It's supposed to make things easier for you. That's why we buy them.

That's an INCREDIBLY weak argument for something that's just more convenient.

If you actually bought a Windows machine because you knew it would be more cumbersome and difficult to use, I'd say YOU were retarded.

You've sort of beat windows, or atleast all the people who don't know about Blackbox.
      I don't know about Blackbox. I doubt many others do, either.
      Spaces comes with the OS, without any extra downloading or searching obscure internet forums (like this one) to find out about it.
      Oh, and you can turn it off if you don't like it.

You don't understand. Restore point on Windows is for system settings. It says right in the screenshot you posted that it deals with registry settings and technical junk like that.
      Time Machine lets you go back and restore deleted files and documents.

You should at least understand the argument before trying to jump in.

And so does Mac. !_!

Nobody has to build a quiet Mac. They're all quiet. Just buy one. Hey, it's quiet.

ffffffffffffff[/list]
      And here's where you ran out of arguments.

Look, dude, if you don't like Apples, then don't buy them. I'm here defending Apples while I'm posting on my mom's Dell. I use both, and admit some handle certain things better than others, but that's no reason to just blindly hate on the system.

Rep:
      Level 102
        A few reasons:

Edit: Also calculator
        The search bar in the start menu doesn't search your whole hard drive. Using spotlight is faster than having to open a new window, configure how you want your search, and search. You don't need calculator on OS X, all you have to do is type it in the spotlight bar, and you instantly get results. It's quicker and more simple.

It's faster than having to search through every sub-menu to find a render in Photoshop. I guess only retarded people want to get things done faster? --

Link to a video of it. Besides, nothing beats built in functionality.

That doesn't back up files, it just backs up all of your system files and programs. With time machine I can back up single files without restarting.

Spoiler for:
        Because we all want big sidebars for zooming, right? In OS X you can zoom the whole screen in and out. That's just a seperate sidebar, window that displays everything near the mouse, but zoomed in. OS X's is much more useable.

But you KNOW these are quiet before you buy them. [/list]

Rep:
        Level 98
        Not quite the same thing, since Mac's search features search help files from other programs, too. It also searches menus, and lots of other things not included in the "all files and folders" category.
        Basically, windows can only search for physical files and objects, Macs search for words anywhere and categorizes them and make them easy to browse through (which we all know windows doesn't do, because when you search for all files and folders it just blindly throws them into the windows as it finds them.)

And just because Windows takes extra and unnecessary work doesn't make Mac users lazy.

It makes Windows users have to do extra and unnecessary work.

It's a computer. It's supposed to make things easier for you. That's why we buy them.

That's why you click on the Name, In Folder, Size and Type tabs to organize them by which one you click on.
        I don't see what else it could pull up, I wouldn't want Mac pulling up every document file because it has the word in it.

That's an INCREDIBLY weak argument for something that's just more convenient.

If you actually bought a Windows machine because you knew it would be more cumbersome and difficult to use, I'd say YOU were retarded.

Searching for Penumbra.exe would only bring up penumbra.exe and any file labeled as such.

I don't know about Blackbox. I doubt many others do, either.
        Spaces comes with the OS, without any extra downloading or searching obscure internet forums (like this one) to find out about it.
        Oh, and you can turn it off if you don't like it.

Well obviously you can turn it off, I don't see why you need to argue that point when I said that OSX had that advantage over Windows.

You don't understand. Restore point on Windows is for system settings. It says right in the screenshot you posted that it deals with registry settings and technical junk like that.
        Time Machine lets you go back and restore deleted files and documents.

You should at least understand the argument before trying to jump in.

It doesn't just reverse the "technical junk," it restores everything about your computer down to the last file to the day you set it.

And so does Mac. !_!

Well it seems we are at a Mexican standoff here !_!

Nobody has to build a quiet Mac. They're all quiet. Just buy one. Hey, it's quiet.

Most computers are quiet. Many of them just get louder as the fans wear out.

And here's where you ran out of arguments.

Look, dude, if you don't like Apples, then don't buy them. I'm here defending Apples while I'm posting on my mom's Dell. I use both, and admit some handle certain things better than others, but that's no reason to just blindly hate on the system.

You could say I ran out of arguments, but what am I going to say to someone just saying "Macs r prtty othr computrs r gay"?

I don't blindly hate on Macs, I use an iPod every day. I'm just tired of Mac users Irock sitting here blasting propaganda EVERYWHERE about how he is getting a mac and how much better they are. If everyone wanted to know the features of a Mac, they would look them up, not just browse around a RPG Maker forum to find them.

Rep:
        Level 98
        The search bar in the start menu doesn't search your whole hard drive. Using spotlight is faster than having to open a new window, configure how you want your search, and search. You don't need calculator on OS X, all you have to do is type it in the spotlight bar, and you instantly get results. It's quicker and more simple.

Yes it does search your whole hard drive, there is nothing else to search!

It's faster than having to search through every sub-menu to find a render in Photoshop. I guess only retarded people want to get things done faster?

I don't use Photoshop, so if you could give me a more applicable example I might be more inclined to believe you.

Link to a video of it. Besides, nothing beats built in functionality.

I would, but I don't think there is a video example of it, and when I use FRAPS the files come out to be a GB and I don't know how to shrink the file size down.

That doesn't back up files, it just backs up all of your system files and programs. With time machine I can back up single files without restarting.

It does back up all your files. @_@

Because we all want big sidebars for zooming, right? In OS X you can zoom the whole screen in and out. That's just a seperate sidebar, window that displays everything near the mouse, but zoomed in. OS X's is much more useable.

I'm sorry you are blind, you can expand the zoom to the whole screen.

But you KNOW these are quiet before you buy them.

Most computers are quiet, i'd imagine that you could just spend about 5 to 10 dollars buying a new fan incase one starts screeching.

Rep:
        Level 96
        Here's what Irocks' doing:

I like Macs, and this is why. :) :)

Here's what you're doing:

I like Windows, AND MACS ARE FUCKING USELESS MACHINES AND I FUCKING HATE THEM DIE MACS DIE

I mean, every time somebody says "I like the Mac because it does this," why do you feel the need to contest it and turn it into an argument?

Irock's done nothing wrong. You're the one being a douchebag for no reason, here.

Rep:
        Level 98
        Here's what Irocks' doing:

I like Macs, and this is why. :) :)

Here's what you're doing:

I like Windows, AND MACS ARE FUCKING USELESS MACHINES AND I FUCKING HATE THEM DIE MACS DIE

I disagree. I'm giving evidence to back up my statements as well? I'm trying to argue, and I'm clearly not just saying "HAET MAC EVERYONE WHO USES THEM MUST DIE A HORRIBLE DEATH BECUZ THEY R ALL FGTS"