RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Writing] Video Game Plot

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Game Idea
By
Kevin Matthews and Kyler Markle
WRITTEN ON JUNE 9th, 2008 - ????
Main Idea: FREE-ROAMING FPS WHERE YOU PLAY AS AN ANGEL CAST DOWN FROM HEAVEN. YOU CAN BOTH BE GOOD AND HELP PEOPLE AND TRY TO GET BACK INTO HEAVEN OR YOU CAN BE BAD AND ALLY WITH OTHER FALLEN ANGELS AND BRING ABOUT THE APOCLAYPSE.

Main Story (WIP): Your character “Arche” died mysteriously a year before the game begins. You became an angel assisting St. Peter at the pearly gates. But you commit a crime when you lets your dead wife into heaven, who committed suicide after your death. The angels cast you down from heaven and force you to live among mortals.  Unfortunately, the mortal world is going through a dark period in its history.  The crusades are going on, and the world is in turmoil.

Gameplay elements would include:
-A fully-interactive world, much like Oblivion
-A dark story with multiple endings
-Gameplay based around branching storyline
-Many, many weapons and modes of travel
-Real time combat in first person

EXAMPLE OF GAMEPLAY:
The player is trying to (help zealots /defend pagans) so they can accomplish further goals. However, before they do that, they must prove that they are (godly/pagan) and will (kill without hesitation/defend pagans). The player is given a job to (murder/protect) an innocent man and his family because the man is a pagan.
      The player, at this point, can do the job or they can do something else with the equipment, such as get out of town (This would get a religious mob after then), and then they could assassinate the quest giver.  This would have many side effects including some quests being unavailable and faction changes. The player could also go to a pagan and report this gang. However, depending on the pagan the player talks to, this could mean either the gang is tipped off of an oncoming attack, and is stronger, or the player gains an army.  Whether or not the pagan is on their side is only determined after doing a different quest to find pagans who are actually spies.
      The player could just take the equipment and the horse and get the job done. However, if the mob does not trust the player, they may send someone to go with him or her to make sure they finish the job.  Before they kill the family, when they are being watched, the man would tell how he would also have to kill his young daughter.  The player can either ignore this plea, and the spy sent would tell the mob of how dedicated they are, or the player could spare the family, and get the mob after them.  Once again, it is up to the player if they do the quest at all.

This is just one quest.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 10:02:05 AM by boe »

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Sounds fun. I'd play that :3
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
The only problem is like...well there was Kevin Smith flick that- Dogma, that was it. Anyhow, even though Dogma is a comedy, it represents an interesting point. There are two angels in the movie, and they're both cast out of heaven. They spend the movie trying to return to heaven. In the movie there is this church that's giving away absolution like candy, because of some buddy Jesus promotional they've having, and so if the two angels walk through the doors of the church while the offer is running they are forgiven, and thusly, allowed to return to heaven. However, if they were to be forgiven, that would mean that God was wrong to cast them out of heaven in the first place. But...God is infallible. So this is an impossibility. An impossibility sooo massive it would defeat God, because by that evidence God could not possibly exist. Without God, there is no existence, so that ends too, etc.

So...how would you explain your angel getting back into heaven, considering that issue?

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
I don't think that you as the player can go back to heaven, I think you're just helping others get into heaven.

EDIT : That was a funny movie though. If it's what I'm thinking of.
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Rep: +0/-0Level 85
Hello I would like to make a game for the plan you designed, and I was wondering if you would like to make a team?

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Sorry, I havn't been checking this topic.  I'm up for it.