RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
- Twin Edge - (Syndicate Software)

Rep:
Level 90
Go away Hakumen...

[DevNote] Hey guys, Kai. here. Veterans of RMRK may remember the old Twin Edge, but a lot of a story has changed it since then. As a result I'm restarting the topic from fresh to give you a whole new idea of the concept that is Twin Edge.

Of course for those of you who haven't heard or don't remember, Twin Edge is a game built by Syndicate Software (Kaitenshin, Yukimora, KareiIsORANGE, others not affiliated with the forum ..., ~formerly known as DragonSoft) and is focused mostly on a unique storyline and aesthetics. Of course, thats what we hope it'll become. ;D.

(Design probably in RMXP, hopefully to be adapted into something big later on once the fall semester of college starts.)

Thanks!

Setup:

(there are two set-up's, one is preliminary and the other is a secondary branch)

Spoiler for:
Early projections*

2012 - Climate change and pollution are at their peaks. Mass panic and overpopulation soon ensue.
2024 - The existence of magic is discovered.
2037 - Countries begin incorporating magic into their weapons. A great war erupts, half the world’s population perishes.
2038 - The first "Titan" appears.
2041 - The YATSUU are created to fight against the Titans.
2042 - The YATSUU take advantage of the chaos. Mass genocide.
2043 - YATSUU are destroyed by their own.
5371 - World is rebuilt, but is yet again upon the verge of war...

FINAL projection*
- Roughly 2 billion years before present day, the titan Mephistopheles, "The Mother", lands on our planet, creating life.
- Circa. 2024, the world is a mess, polluted, overpopulated and bleak. It is then when Mephistopheles is discovered by miners. After further examination of this strange celestial, the 
existence of magic is discovered. It is used as an effective, reliable and renewable source of energy, and as a weapon.
- Some years after, war is waged across the planet. Mephistopheles then becomes very active.
- Shortly after, the second Titan, Apollyon, arrives. The planet unites to fight against it.
- By the arrival of the fourth Titan, the YATSUU project is initiated, merging Mephistopheles cells with human cells. The first YATSUU is born.
- During the testing on the Eighth and Ninth, a terrible mishap leads to the contamination and awakening up the unstable Eighth TAYSUU. The Ninth is safely contained however, and is 
stored deep underground. An explosion destroys the research facility some minutes later.
- The Eighth YATSUU is captured some days after, before it is able to come into contact with other Titans.
- The YATSUU project is completed, but is unable to be employed for fear of their power.
- The final Titan appears in Earth's orbit. The YATSUU are deployed.
- The Titans are successfully eliminated one by one. (Note: Titans can never truly be slain, unless they are killed with a piece of the Twin Edge). The Ninth eye comes into contact with the 
Final Titan. An entire continent is destroyed. Both the Titan and the Ninth have vanished. The First Judgment fails.
- Their purpose completed, the YATSUU are sent to be destroyed. They refuse. They do not think of their powers as weapons, but as tools to cleanse the Earth and prepare for 
 another Judgment. Mass genocide ensues.
- Eventually, with the help of "Savior", the left half of the Twin Edge, the Forth takes on and defeats the YATSUU one by one.
- In a final climatic battle against the Eighth, the Forth is forced to kill the Eighth and himself before the Ninth is resurrected.
- At this time, puppet's under the Eight's control release missiles that nearly obliterate the world. All life ends.
- Somehow, Mephistopheles is again able to restart life upon the Earth. The dead Titans return to life as well, and leave the planet to return at another time)
- Some millenia later, the Second Judgment comes into motion...

(Some may be wondering why the game is based in the future. Well, by placing a game in the future it allows you to incorporate modern day technology along with magic in a logical wrapper. Should work quite nicely)
(Who are the YATSUU? Beings created from fusing Titan and Human cells.)

Cast:

///MAIN CHARACTERS
Ashiza Kaitenshin - Bright; Versatile; Righteous; YATSUU, Part of the "Sons of Legend"; created to replace his father by YATSUU & Kefka.
Shikaku Sukasa - ; ; ; YATSUU, Part of the "Sons of Legend"; created as an experiment by YATSUU & Kefka.
Yukimitsu Karei - Honest; Motivated; Loving - "Cousin" of Sukasa; Love interest for Kai; nothing really special ...
Ame - Respectful; Passionate; Unselfish - An agent of Heaven; Love interest of Sukasa; One of the 11 Judges "born" from the Titans.
Zeiph Rence - Upbeat; Rash; Talented - Leader of REBEL; mechanically inclined and an able pilot.
Zatachi Seyou - Decisive; Blunt; A badass - Former Fifth Ancient; Wielder of the Cursed Halberd of Heaven; Master of all four Paralyzation techniques.
Fen Furodoubaosei - Philosopher; Curious; Unmerciful - Titan Guardian; Seeks revenge for his mothers death; Wields one of five forbidden weapons (Kyùuzo; Amnonuboku; Raine, ...)
(Whore)(¿Osagi?) TBA**
Momo - Green; Has a shell; Always on Karei's sholder - Decsendant of a Turtle race that cannot swim forwards.

///SIDE CHARACTERS
Ayashige [Shadow/Pod 02-0079] - Intelligent; Cuthroat; Purposeful; Has taken a leadership role whithin the YATSUU; has an alterior motive for use of Sukasa and Ninth Eye.
Faustus [Sound/Pod 02-0076] - Laid back; Stubborn; Communicative
Yaiba [Mirror/Pod 02-0075] - Silent; Cold; Loyal;
Floke [Strength/Pod 02-0073] - Loud; Haughty; Playful
Ava [Divine/Pod 02-0078] - Cunning; Calculative; Untrusting
Ciel [Illusion/Pod 01-0451] - Clever; Sly; Upfront
Shuuha [Psyche/Pod 02-0093] - Two-faced; Blunt; Manipulative
Reiji [Legacy/Pod 02-0072] - Solid; Righteous; Unforgiving
Aei [Energy/Pod 00-000] - Quiet; Meek; Sorrowful
Professor Kefka - Cunning; Deceptive; Brilliant - Former Tenth Ancient; Sacrificed Zatachi's son to create Kaitenshin and Sukasa; later revived YATSUU.
Kei
Aoi
Obou
Kyosato
Aourei
Stella
Roan
Emperor Ogama
Acitkage
Sixth Ancient
Fourth Ancient

///TITANS
Mephistopheles
Apollyon
Tartarus
Gehenna
Dis
Belial
Erebus
Acheron
Mursuir
---
Asmodeus
---      

Story:

Spoiler for:
(Episodes are formatted into separate games; the above half being Kaitenshin's viewpoint; the below being Sukasa's. Authored by Kaitenshin and Yukimora (Sukasa). ( ;D Excuse the grammar (Sukasa...!) we type very slopily sometimes, heh..)

Episode I - Apollyon

- (flashback) Research facility, tests on pods 00-000 and 02-0079. 02-0079 goes berserk; facility evacuates and explodes soon after.
- Kai awakes; on mission headed towards Niigata Bay; objective: eliminate Mizu's ability to fight against the First Titan.
- Land near docks, meet with spy, proceed with mission; Party trapped and split up.
- Kei dies fighting Sukasa (assassination); Party finds their way to each other; forced to battle Titan; Lose.
- Kai. and Auorei awake in farmers house; learn Titan in destroyed; leave to regroup with party.
- Encounter band of Mizu soldiers; fight; two are Obou and Aoi; take uniforms and head towards city to find Kei.
- Find Kyosato in town; must discover way to escape Mizu; learn that trade ship will leave to Deyoshi; price 100,000 sortas.
- Party needs money, learn that 150,000 will be awarded to any who can kill the Teraglyst, the source of increased monster activity recently; Leave town.
- Before leaving, nearly caught by Mizu general for suspicions; arrive near mine where the Teraglyst has recently appeared; village completely wiped out.
- Kai. and Auorei bury farmer who helped them; arrive at mine shaft; quickly hurried on elevator and lowered in; none have returned alive.
- Make way down mine shaft; encounter several monsters; arrive at Teraglyst; destroy it and escape before mine collapse.
- Town celebrates victory; Awarded money and party prepares to leave; Mizu general arrests them as spies; town governor pardons them; they leave on ship.
- Mizu general replaces ship crew with his men; halfway in voyage, party is attacked; escape to deck; Anza ship appears and rescues party then sinks ship.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- (flashback/Daydream) Research facility, tests on pods 00-000 and 02-0079. 02-0079 goes berserk; facility evacuates and explodes soon after.
- Sukasa shakes it off and looks around to find his group members
- Mission to take out the leader of the Mizu to throw country into chaos
- Group split up to find leader and stay in contact if discovered
- Town goes on alert Sukasa rushes into forest and tries to contact group-no response
- Finds a soldier(kei) that carelessly ran into the forest Sukasa thinks its Mizu so he kills-looks again to find it was Anze
- Sukasa Witness fight between titan and kai group: Gets headache and passes out
- Flashes of kai and titan(meph) eyes bleeding Suk wakes up to be surrounded by children: guard walks up to see what the children are looking at: recognizes mark on suk back: attempts 
to arrest for suspision of assassination
- Suk Lets him take him to jail: Suk finds his group being tortured for information in the prison:Suk thrown into jail cell have to look for way out to help partners:
- Finds the bars are loose only need something to pry open with:Finds a secret compartment from earlyier prisoners along with there remains: finds a old prying relic(crowbar)
- Pry open bars and hop out onto the narrow ledge of the cliff: Wait for guard to notice and stick head out window and throw off cliff: go back in to find door unlocked now to find 
weapon
- avoid guards and find weapon then save partners to go back togather:Get out and steal boat to get home

Episode II - Brothers

- (flashback) Modern soldiers chase down escaped 02-0079. Dr. Y and Prof. N, are able to capture Yatsuu before it reaches final Titan.
- Flashes of Sukasa, Yatsuu Insignia awake Kai. Eyes are bleeding, washes himself and climbs on deck of Anze rescue ship.
- Ship arrives at Anze Capital, Deyoshi. Emperor wants to hear debriefing later that day; Kai. leaves ship and heads home; bumps into Karei.
- Learns that Ordinance Administration and new emperor Ogama acting unusual; meets with party and they arrive before Emperor and O. Admin.
- Kai. tells them situation; Kai. appointed as new head of Hiro-gensai; Immidiately given new mission: Assist Acita (ah-SEE-sha) on confidential mission.
- Party leaves to Acita on transport; arrive at checkpoint. Must carry on on foot. Meet up with secretive party; Sukasa there.
- Split into two groups; objective: raid Reyulan fortress and steal vessel. Kai finds Sukasa suspicious; Sleep in tent.
- Kai. awakes next morning; Sukasa gone, blood is on his pillow as well as Kai's from bleeding eyes. Kai ponders; party suits up and prepares for battle.
- Airship drops party off over mountain fortress; parachute down to nearby forrest; party's split and head towards fort.
- Aero party (Kai, Sukasa, Aourei, one other) advance towards central gate. Zephyr party (Kyo, Aoi, Obou, another) head along rear.
- Party's sneak in; halfway, Obou trips an alarm; alarm is raised and parties rush toward R.S.S. Zaire; board vessel and undock ship; enemies follow.
- Aourei detonates Lanthium charge to disable invisibility opponents; is KO'd; Kyo pilots ship and races to safepoint at Anze border.
- Party reaches desination; large scale battle between Anze and Reyulan warships begins; RSS Zaire in Anze hands; Reyul retreats.
- Kai. is still suspicious of Sukasa, but also respects him as an ally; Sukasa returns to his country; Kai. returns to his barracks.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- (flashback) Modern soldiers chase down escaped 02-0079. Dr. Y and Prof. N, are able to capture Yatsuu before it reaches final Titan.
- Arrives at shore of Acita: climb up the moutain and report back to acitkage:go home and get some rest
- Wakes up from dream of village being destroyed: Letter on desk: go see the acitkage for next mission breifing
- Get info that Sukasa team up with anze soldiers with Stella and Roan:Told to meet at cheackpoint by Ryu lands
- Wait for kai's party to arrive:Decides to split into groups but suk wants to keep an eye on kai so he goes with kai's group:objective: raid Reyulan fortress and steal vessel.: set up camp
- Suk wakes up with eyes bleeding looks at kai to see his eyes are also bleeding: Gets up to wash his face before Kai gets up
- Airship drops party off over mountain fortress; parachute down to nearby forrest; party's split and head towards fort.
- Aero party (Kai, Sukasa, Aourei, one other) advance towards central gate. Zephyr party (Kyo, Aoi, Obou, another) head along rear.
- Party's sneak in; halfway, Obou trips an alarm; alarm is raised and parties rush toward R.S.S. Zaire; board vessel and undock ship; enemies follow.
- Aourei detonates Lanthium charge to disable invisibility opponents; is KO'd; Kyo pilots ship and races to safepoint at Anze border.
- Party reaches desination; large scale battle between Anze and Reyulan warships begins; RSS Zaire in Anze hands; Reyul retreats.
- Suk still dosent quite understand why there operation was so sloppy, but accepts kai's group as partners: Suk goes back to Acita:go back home to rest

For more, read here. Currently: Episodes 1 - 20. http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dhdsts7s_0f6rk43dd
(One episode equivalent to roughly one hour of game play.)

Art:

As I stated earlier, aesthetics are important to our game. Here are some sketches of chars.

Kaitenshin
CURRENT
Spoiler for:

Sukasa
CURRENT(LY ANOREXIC)
Spoiler for:
Spoiler for:
Spoiler for:
Spoiler for:

(we have disputes over how Sukasa should look...if you couldn't tell).

Karei
CURRENT
Spoiler for:

Ame

Zeiph
Spoiler for:

Zatachi
Spoiler for:

Fen

YATSUU... (their identities will be kept secret for now...)

a
Spoiler for:

b
CURRENT
Spoiler for:
Spoiler for:

c
Spoiler for:

d
Spoiler for:

e
Spoiler for:

f
Spoiler for:

Airship
Spoiler for:

Ara - The World
Spoiler for:

Reyulan -
Spoiler for:

Titan -
Spoiler for:

Stella -
Spoiler for:

Various Randomness!!!

Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:

Kaitenshin's Daughter -
Spoiler for:
PM me if you wanna see KareiISOrange and I's daughter.

Final Comments:

Requests:
We are in the market, so to speak, for an improved logo to Twin Edge. If you think you can help, please post, thanks!

Insipiration: Rurouni Kenshin (haha I was 11 when I came up with Kaitenshin, of course, it was Kitenchin back then), Noein, Neon Genisis Evangelion, Naruto (before it was ruined....), Ninja Scroll, Ceramics class, FF Series, various others I can't think of..

Oh yeah, visit http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,14476.0.html if your not to busy. It's a package of a bunch of sprite recolors.

Any kinds of comments or critique would be great!!!

« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 12:46:46 AM by Kaitenshin »
"Think outside the box, collapse the box, and take a fucking sharp knife to it." - Banksy

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Really, exclude last pic of the various randomness section. ;9
Other than that, good luck.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Congratulations on becoming a father  :lol:

The project looks great and I wish you luck.

Rep:
Level 90
Go away Hakumen...
Hey, theres nothing wrong with adding my little 4 month old. It is random after all!

But anyways (SHES KICKING ME), one of the key reasons I added the game was to get feedback concerning the story itself, which I am proud/ somewhat disappointed with. I feel the characters don't develop true emotions until the latter half of the episodes. The story is fairly long right now, but if you catch errors or have comments about certain sections it would really help.

I'm thinking about adding a section putting the story in a nutshell, but I'm  not sure...
"Think outside the box, collapse the box, and take a fucking sharp knife to it." - Banksy

Rep:
Level 88
No.. i think he some sort of Midboss
Ya, thank you for the feedback. Any questions, concerns or critiques would be welcome/ appreciated
"Life is a struggle; technology creates more idiot proof things, and the universe creates better idiots; so far the universe is winning" -Shino_Ryuu

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
I think the story is quite good, really. I like that it is set in the future for one thing, and I think that it's risky to mix magic, myth with technology but if you can pull it off, then I imagine the game will turn out really well. I wish you luck.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Seems like a project that's going to get far.  :)

But I also suggest that you remove the picture of your child in the future.  You see, you NEVER KNOW who is looking at this page right now; where that person is, and what kind of person he or she is.  And for the sake of your children, it's better that you keep their faces hidden away from the internet always you can.  Sounds a little too paranoid, but these things happen.  I had a picture of my little sister online some time ago.  I decided to remove it for this; just in case...
Actually, this could apply to pictures of people of about any age, but then that'd be too much, wouldn't it?  So we emphasize on children.
Congratulations for the great treasure that is having a child of your own!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 05:40:17 PM by Starfish »

Rep:
Level 90
Go away Hakumen...
Seems like a project that's going to get far.  :)

But I also suggest that you remove the picture of your child in the future.  You see, you NEVER KNOW who is looking at this page right now; where that person is, and what kind of person he or she is.  And for the sake of your children, it's better that you keep their faces hidden away from the internet always you can.  Sounds a little too paranoid, but these things happen.  I had a picture of my little sister online some time ago.  I decided to remove it for this; just in case...
Actually, this could apply to pictures of people of about any age, but then that'd be too much, wouldn't it?  So we emphasize on children.
Congratulations for the great treasure that is having a child of your own!

Thanks! As for the picture, eh, if you know babies, then you know it's already outdated. A picture of a users child would be just a picture without that. Plus, I feel safe enough to know that my personal information is WELL hidden from any kind of predator. Besides, it's not as is if perverted freaks wander the halls of RMRK (I take that back...heh). I'm confident she'll be just fine.

Rep:
Level 97
Besides, it's not as is if perverted freaks wander the halls of RMRK

You should keep in mind that a topic titled "Preteen Model Sites" is currently in 7th place for Most Viewed topics with 25980 views.  ::)

Rep:
Level 90
Go away Hakumen...
Besides, it's not as is if perverted freaks wander the halls of RMRK

You should keep in mind that a topic titled "Preteen Model Sites" is currently in 7th place for Most Viewed topics with 25980 views.  ::)

LOL ;8. That says a lot about RMRK ...
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 10:58:40 PM by Kaitenshin »

Rep:
Level 88
o.0 ok so now back on topic. Thank you for the feedback and i will start to work on the rmxp version of the game after next week.
"Life is a struggle; technology creates more idiot proof things, and the universe creates better idiots; so far the universe is winning" -Shino_Ryuu

Rep:
Level 86
Deviant Designer
Could you clean your post up with more spoilers it's kind of messy.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 09:50:55 PM by NAMKCOR »

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 88
Sukasa
CURRENT(LY ANOREXIC)
Spoiler for:

ya, i was playing the game at the time so when i was drawing him I was thinking of the game.

Spoiler for:
Spoiler for:

The first drawing the only thing i see in common really is the hair kinda, only because its long. The second i guess because the jacket but its not a coat so he would look different. His hair is done differently as well.

Spoiler for:

Last time i heard from Kai he said he was redrawing this guy. I think he just put it up for an idea of what he might look like.

But its cool to see stuff we should improve on to make them look seperate from other pre made drawing. thx Namkcor
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 03:49:05 PM by Yukimora »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
yeah, that's pretty much what I saw with the Itachi one too.

You're welcome.  I figured if I didn't say something now, then someone might after you've made the game xD

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 90
Go away Hakumen...
Lol. My art wasn't based on that stuff, though I guess Naruto is an inspiration of mine. Now I feel like I'm copying T-T.

edit: But hey, some of the best poets and philosophers of all time copied from others. So maybe there's hope!!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 01:04:36 AM by Kaitenshin »