RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Music] A small amount of my often strange, genre-defying audio excursions

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?songs=430457&T=8335

Although most of these songs were uploaded withing the past couple of months, all of them excluding "Ludus (Spoons In Your Eyes mix)" are rather old.
I'll get around to uploading new ones soon enough.
I'm not sure what kind of reception my music will get here, seeing as the majority of posters are composers who work in more traditional realms of music, while I'm primarily a producer who creates more electronic-sounding tracks by experimenting with different techniques of manipulating different forms of audio.
I make relatively heavy use of samples, but I rearrange and reshape them, omit notes, chop them up, shift the pitch on parts of them, and apply studio effects where I want.
I extract tracks from hundreds of different songs, render them unrecognisable for what they are, and create seamless loops out of them.
I program my own drums and I do MIDI sequencing and synth sequencing... but many people have difficulty appreciating such methods, especially now that the availability  of certain programs has polluted the world with a deluge of wannabe producers and "electronic artists."
However, I am serious. I do in fact work primarily from my computer(s), but I'm a guy who gets approached by musicians and even hip-hop "producers" who want me to produce what they've written.

Phew. I just felt like I had to write that.

Anyway, my music has proven to be enjoyable to those with all kinds of different tastes, so go ahead and give it a listen, download the mp3s and whatnot, then tell me what you think.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 08:08:42 AM by irock »

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Not a single post here yet? That's a damn crime. The guy had the balls to sing, for fucks sake. +rep'd ten times because I'm a mod and I can do that.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Downloading.
EDIT:Wow the Dawn of Eden piece is.....unique.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 12:01:36 PM by Leviathan »
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
Not a single post here yet? That's a damn crime. The guy had the balls to sing, for fucks sake. +rep'd ten times because I'm a mod and I can do that.

*actually has worse rep than before, somehow* lol

Oh, Arrow, I did some work on the song you sent me. It's attached to the post, sounding brilliant.
I made the oboe/vocal substitute into a melodic synth lead, and replaced the actual lead synth, the saw wave, with a violin ensemble. Hope you don't mind.

Downloading.
EDIT:Wow the Dawn of Eden piece is.....unique.

Wow.....thanks.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
It almost sounds...like slowishy grindcore now. XD I dig it! :3 I still feel like some of it's original feel, but that may be because of the tempo. Plus, where the other one was more like CHUGGACHUGGACHUGGA this one flows more. That's not bad, just different. :3

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
 :bean:  :pw:
Did you intend for the song to be like CHUGGACHUGGACHUGGA?
 It's supposed to sound like the original, only non-MIDI-y.

Listen to the drums. I'm proud of them, because I couldn't get the MIDI drum map to sound realistic with VST, so I programmed them completely from scratch using an assortment of one-shots, while maintaining the same patterns of the original.