RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
19,000 Chinese students dead/trapped in schools and buildings after earthquake

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/05/13/china.school.ap/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

D: That has to be horrible.

tl ; dr Earthquake hit China monday and trapped students. They are still in there.

"Just east of the epicenter, in Beichuan county, 1,000 students and teachers were killed or missing at a collapsed high school -- a more than six-story building reduced to a pile of rubble about 2 yards (meters) high, according to Xinhua. Another 200 people, mostly children, were buried at two schools in Hanwang township."
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 05:28:49 AM by King of the Universe »
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 87
That's horrible. ;9

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
I saw this on the news yesterday, it really is horrible ;9 Hope everything turns out alright for them D:
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
That's absolutely horrible. *prays*
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
This kind of thing makes me want to smoke a marlboro...

Rep:
Level 87
ohheythar :O
They are still getting dead children out of there.
Also the workers just stop at noon.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
I saw this on the news the other day. Really horrible ;-;
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 87
I think the thread title is outdated, when I saw this on CNN the yesterday, they said 19,000, not 900/1000.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Call Chuck Norris we need back up!
You are trying to be funny in a thread about tens of thousands of deaths? what the fuck man.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
Call Chuck Norris we need back up!
You are trying to be funny in a thread about tens of thousands of deaths? what the fuck man.

Is there anything he can do that is right?
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
He could shut up and leave.

Rep:
Level 89
It was a 7.9 magnitude earthquake. China is getting bombarded by nature. ;9

Rep:
Level 87
Apocalypse much?

Rep:
Level 87
Apocalypse much?

I thought Japan had it hard with their powerful and frequent earthquakes, but I guess I was wrong.

Rep:
Level 86
that truly is awful... any jokers in this thread deserve to have their accounts deleted!!

Jeeez..

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
He'll likely gte the ban hammer soon anyhow.

Rep:
Level 87
He'll likely gte the ban hammer soon anyhow.
I hope you aren't talking about me O_O.
Anyhow, there now are over 32.000 deads.
That is so aweful!

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
No, not you. Matt will likely get the ban hammer soon.

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
I was out in town the other day and I saw a group of Chinese people begging for money to help their country.

I couldn't help but give them all I could.
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
There's over a billion people in China. Demographically, this isn't really a big deal, so I can see why not everyone would be all heartbroken about this. It's still pretty unfortunate though.

Rep:
Level 87
Code Geass = Best show EVER XD
Project of the Month winner for May 2008
1.4 billion, thats more than enough.

I'd call it looking at it from a pure economical point of view, I don't think it's a bad thing for china. In fact, I believe that it is good.

I guess it's true i can say that with a straight face since no one I knew closely died, but I know a few that were, the closest would've been a friend of my uncle's though.

Still, my pride is getting to me on that one, it kinda pisses me off that there are people that live in the states and are seeking sympathy. (I'm assuming you live in the states Grunel)

but idk, if I saw a chinese person like that, it would more so embarrass me than anything.

I don't want to be a bad guy here >_> it was a terrible disaster, but I really do think it's for the better of china.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Destruction leaves opportunity in its wake.
To rebuild and start over for the better.

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
1.4 billion, thats more than enough.

I'd call it looking at it from a pure economical point of view, I don't think it's a bad thing for china. In fact, I believe that it is good.

I guess it's true i can say that with a straight face since no one I knew closely died, but I know a few that were, the closest would've been a friend of my uncle's though.

Still, my pride is getting to me on that one, it kinda pisses me off that there are people that live in the states and are seeking sympathy. (I'm assuming you live in the states Grunel)

but idk, if I saw a chinese person like that, it would more so embarrass me than anything.

I don't want to be a bad guy here >_> it was a terrible disaster, but I really do think it's for the better of china.

On the other hand, if you look at it from the views of those people most closely affected, how do you feel? I agree with the economical issues involved, but lives have still been lost. Nothing can overcome that disaster.

And no, I live in the North of England.
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Actually, some of my Chinese friends asked for donations at my place too and they rushed to their home country as soon as the holidays began. They seem very emotional about this tragedy, some even organized frequent mournings for the disaster. ;9

Personally, I had an overseas education programme there a few months earlier and one of the places was a panda reserve. It was at the place of the disaster, among some other places I visited. I hope the pandas are alright.  :-\