RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Turning objects such as Tilesets in RPG Maker XP? Without Editing the graphics?

Rep: +0/-0Level 85
Hi Guys,

New to the forum, but been using RPG Maker for a while....

Is there a way to turn a object say a chair or something like that without editing the images etc to edit the tilesets so that they display correctly in RPG Maker?

Cheers,

Mity0Might.

EDIT: Mods can frealy move this to if I put in wrong section.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?

Is there a way to turn a object say a chair or something like that without editing the images etc to edit the tilesets so that they display correctly in RPG Maker?

Like what?

also, which version of rpg maker is this.

Try to be as detailed as you can and you will receive better help.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep: +0/-0Level 85
Ah thanks for replying Nouman.

The version I am using is RPG Maker XP.

I am wanting to turn the objects (the tilesets) around such as Chairs, tables, etc (in all directions) if it's possible without using editing software such as GIMP.

But within RPG Maker XP itself.

I hope that's abit clearer.

Cheers.

Rep:
Level 87
Code Geass = Best show EVER XD
Project of the Month winner for May 2008
no

a chair from the tileset is facing one direction, and it's only going to face that direction, if it's facing right and you want to face it left, use a program like paint and flip it horizontally, if you want it to face down, you have to make it youself.

Rep:
Level 85
The Evil Knight
maybe it works to transfer the actor to a copy of the map you want it to change on? i have tried on my game...(with rpg maker xp)...
but at my game its a nonmoving event, you just see it changing form...and after that your at another place...well...i dont know if this have anything with this topic to do...this is my first reply ;D

game site: www.freewebs.com/naith    yeah! i know it is freewebs! but who cares about what is use! its free!  ::)

Projects in progsess/Demo/Finished

Wild Line - http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,26936.msg340116.html#msg340116
Forsaken Legends - The Black Fire - http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,28741.0.html

European Army - No Demo

Rep:
Level 87
That is advertising, you should post this in the advertisement section... :mad:

Changing a tileset piece direction is not possible, each direction is seperate on the tileset.

If its an event, it would be better to use a charset, but you will have to edit.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
game site: www.freewebs.com/naith    yeah! i know it is freewebs! but who cares about what is use! its free!  ::)
I care. Anyone who uses Freewebs should be tortured by the Chinese until death.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I have absolutely no idea what you're asking for.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 87
He/She is asking for the tileset a part of it to be able to change directions, without editing.