RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Disscussion]Forum developement

Training Wheels
Rep:
Level 89
:)
how can i make my forum more successful?
i have  a few members on it, but only people
i have invited.

please advise??
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 11:56:01 AM by ahref »
  • Web designer
  • Music producer/DJ
  • Graphic Designer
Why am I 'training wheels'??

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
:Content is King", though some Search engine optimization would help.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Training Wheels
Rep:
Level 89
well, what would be a popular topic of a forum.
RPG Maker, obviously, but I want something different....
  • Web designer
  • Music producer/DJ
  • Graphic Designer

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Well, you need to make sure that whatever your topic is, it is a strong, defined subject. "Chat site" won't get you shit. You need to narrow it down and whittle away excess garbage. Furthermore, you want to make sure that you word that subject in such a way that is inviting. RMRK's name is good because we are a resource. We are not RPG Maker Games Kit. This would imply we're a service, or a team, and that this is a place to discuss our work. By making ourselves a resource we are inviting the individual user inside to create and discuss- to show off. People love to talk about themselves.

So, that in mind, what do you think your site would be about? We can't tell you, you have to decide. If you don't stand behind the topic fully, you can't give it your full and undivided effort.

Summary: Do not generalize, pick a strong and accessible topic, and embrace your potential user.

That said, this is all opinion.

Training Wheels
Rep:
Level 89
good advice, thanks.

how do i start getting members?
i dont really know anyone with the interests i may put on this forum
and dont want to start forking out on domains until i know the forum will be successful.
  • Web designer
  • Music producer/DJ
  • Graphic Designer

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
that's why not everyone has a forum D:
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Training Wheels
Rep:
Level 89
yes i know right but i want one
ill put it on google and give it some good tags

thanks for the advice thoughs everyone

*locks*
  • Web designer
  • Music producer/DJ
  • Graphic Designer

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
meta tags mean as good as fuck all nowadays :)
bringing sexy back