RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Project GODSEND Teaser

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
Anyways, you have to tell us more about it if we are to even download the teaser.
* TEASER.exe (5675.36 KB - downloaded 34 times.)

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
I am not convinced that the gold team are that good. Sorry. The B.A.G in the shotbox thing at the top is right so far if you ask me. Building Awful Games. I hope you can change the Awful to Awesome Wink But it sounds pretty good though, and the movie seems pro...

I don't know how the fuck you brought my guild in to this.

Anything gold team makes will be ten times better than the crap you'll make.

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
Am I the only one who thought after seeing the teaser, I didn't find out a damn thing about the game?
Seconded, that was a letdown, I expected more.
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
"maybe just that the teaser could contain also some info on the setting or the story."

Since when do teasers tell you much about the story anyway, when was the last time a teaser told you more than what is here? Hell usually teaser trailers try to throw you off track! So shut the hell up and wait for the game or don't give a fuck, posting like an asshole about it won't make them post more.  If this didn't make you want to play it, so fucking what, just click the forum button and move on.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Okay okay, I might have seemed aggressive (besides, I suck at gta), but I just want to know more. I get what you mean to tell us about that something big is coming, but the intro movie doens't tell too much. I don't request a demo or anything like that, maybe just that the teaser could contain also some info on the setting or the story.´

(Is that mature enough...?  :-X)

Teasers never tell you much about the final product. That's what trailers are for. In our teaser, we've told you all you need to know about our game at this time, and that is all we are going to tell you until Gold Team sees fit to do otherwise. There's enough info here for you to piece together a general idea of what to expect come July. The whole point of this thread is simply to gather interest about our game, and as Irock has pointed out we're doing just that.

Also, the next time you decide to say "gold team are not that good", please keep in mind that there are 15 members on Gold Team and 15 members on BAG, each one of them skilled in a different field and most likely more skilled than you are. Learn to recognize the difference between "friendly" rivalry trash-talk and insulting 15 people's work.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 07:23:33 PM by Zylos »

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
You could argue that a teaser was not necessary with all the publicity and advertising gained through the existence of this forum.
I would agree with you. You already knew it was coming. It is not a case of a project thought dead where we want to renew interest.
Creating a teaser topic was a requirement, which is the reason why we made it.

An interesting question is why so many do not understand that this is a teaser and/or the purpose of a teaser. Part of it is probably due to the timing. It was posted at a time where a project thread could be expected.
Another more interesting question was whether it worked. Falcon seemed to get annoying which is a good thing. Annoyance is far better than ignorance. Then again, this is Falcon we are talking about, so we should base anything on what he wrote too much. :P
Questions like "Can they pull it off? Will knights only going to suck? How the hell did they only have knights in the story?" and so on can help keep interest in the game. Naturally only posting knights as characters does not mean that there only will be knights as characters. Who knows? Maybe it's just a stunt.
Teasers can also be used as feelers. Basically feel how the community takes the project. What there opinion of the project is. Teasers are usually posted at a time where relatively big changes still can be made. Pulling a stunt in a teaser may however render the teaser rather invalid as a feeler.
So is this a teaser or a feeler? Or a hybrid?

And finally... Why did I go through the effort to post this analysis?

Rep:
Level 87
Interesting game, I downloaded the teaser, and to say 15 members work really paid off. The teaser looks extremely professional, the voice acting was pretty good. (Was it Zylos? XD)

I'm going to keep a real close eye on this topic, which is a good thing.

I don't think we should continue the discussion about the teaser, since Zeriab already cleared out the info. So, it would be best if we just keep the topic straight. (As in not driving it off-topic anymore.)

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Okay okay, I might have seemed aggressive (besides, I suck at gta), but I just want to know more. I get what you mean to tell us about that something big is coming, but the intro movie doens't tell too much. I don't request a demo or anything like that, maybe just that the teaser could contain also some info on the setting or the story.´

(Is that mature enough...?  :-X)

Teasers never tell you much about the final product. That's what trailers are for. In our teaser, we've told you all you need to know about our game at this time, and that is all we are going to tell you until Gold Team sees fit to do otherwise. There's enough info here for you to piece together a general idea of what to expect come July. The whole point of this thread is simply to gather interest about our game, and as Irock has pointed out we're doing just that.

Also, the next time you decide to say "gold team are not that good", please keep in mind that there are 15 members on Gold Team and 15 members on BAG, each one of them skilled in a different field and most likely more skilled than you are. Learn to recognize the difference between "friendly" rivalry trash-talk and insulting 15 people's work.
This is all a lie. The reason is that we're really just not that far in the making process...

SIKE :V
Agreed with Deathlock. No more discussing the whole "I want more" stuff. Plus, that tells us that you guys are intrigued about our game ;D

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
Yeah, thanks for the replies guys. We are glad you all are pumped.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I like the battle system idea, personally. The characters seem void of personality, but you have plenty of time to fix that.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
You could argue that a teaser was not necessary with all the publicity and advertising gained through the existence of this forum.
I would agree with you. You already knew it was coming. It is not a case of a project thought dead where we want to renew interest.
Creating a teaser topic was a requirement, which is the reason why we made it.

Well it wasn't a requirement as Nouman and Falcon agreed to make teasers. :P
:tinysmile:

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
What about your threat to give Naphe access to our guild forum ;_;
It's true though. You didn't make that requirement. Nouman and Falcon did >_<
Either way, for us minions it felt the same.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Well, good luck on finishing your game, GT.
Remember this is not a competition.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
Gold Team may have a chance at this yet :o

lol not really BAG will win
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
Gold Team may have a chance at this yet :o

lol not really BAG will win

you arent even on that team.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
hey, we're allowed to have fans.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
i guess, i just didnt think fanboys would emerge this early.  :P

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
What's wrong with fanboys?
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
fangirls are better :3

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
yeah uh, this is an RPG MAKER community. Good luck with that.

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
I never necessarily said we would have any, I just said it would be better.

But if we can't have them, neither can you'll

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
I never said I was a fanboy, I was just expressing that I think BAG team will win. It's like calling a stadium full of football fans fanboys.  :mad:

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
I never said I was a fanboy, I was just expressing that I think BAG team will win. It's like calling a stadium full of football fans fanboys.  :mad:
Instead of forming an opinion based on statistics, you're picking the team with the members you like the most.

Rep:
Level 98
Instead of forming an opinion based on statistics, you're picking the team with the members you like the most.

That's not true?

Learn what you are talking about before posting >:|