RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Oracle

<3
Rep:
Level 86
I'm my own personal tentacle monster.

A paladin and a dark knight, a bitchy white mage and a queer black mage, a world in crisis, tributes to games of old, and a chaos goddess in human form make up the general recipe of what Oracle is shaping up to be.  I will admit that I don't really have a set plot -- I was just playing around with VX, and ended up making a story somehow -- so expect updates often as the story... just writes itself.  O_O;

~CHARACTERS~

Spoiler for The Heros:
Rebecca
An inexperienced paladin connected to a small church on an island, Rebecca closely follows not only her faith, but her own feelings.  She is sent by Father Daniel to a small shrine to investigate an odd air coming from it...
Oracle
While you play as Rebecca, the story is actually told through the eyes of the dark knight, Oracle.  Stubborn to a fault, he avoids people like Rebecca for the "obvious reasons".
Irial
Irial of Imial isn't like most princesses.  She's stubborn, headstrong, arrogant, and just down right bitchy.  What makes it worse is that she's also a white mage.  How she managed to pass her training is anyone's guess.
Jareth
MAGIC PANTS!  Jareth couldn't be any more flamboyantly gay if you handed him some crystal balls.  Despite his questionable character, he's a powerful black mage, though that doesn't keep Oracle from threatening bodily harm every time Jareth hits on him.
Spoiler for The Good Guys:
Father Daniel and Miss Callie
The brother and sister seers are the head Father and Sister of the island church that Rebecca serves.  Father Daniel is a kind and gentle soul, while Miss Callie is mysterious, almost unnervingly so.  Miss Callie has much more talent as a seer than her brother does.

The Crown Prince, Ian
The crown prince of Imial and Irial's brother.  Though you just see him sleeping in the beginning of the game, he proves himself a powerful ally after his sister joins your quest.

The Wandering Idiot
A harmless fellow that wanders around the world just to see common monsters... and then drinks himself into stupidity when he realizes just how common they are.
Spoiler for The Bad Guys:
Mysterious Cloaked Figure
You see him in the opening of the game.  Seemingly the leader of the Order of Waking, there's not much else known about him...

The Order of Waking
"Not nice guys", to quote Oracle, who left the Order for reasons he keeps to himself.  Demonists, Archanists... if you know things that are only whispered about in dark corners, then you'd probably love these guys.

~SCREENSHOTS~
I went a little bonkers with the screens... >>;;;

Spoiler for Mysterious beginnings...:
Spoiler for Wakey, wakey, sleepy hero!:
Spoiler for Quiet in the damn church!:
Spoiler for Ah, my beloved peasant village:
Spoiler for Where the hell did you come from?!:
Spoiler for He's so pleasant...:
Spoiler for Oh shi-- RANDOM DRAGON!:

Monster graphics are temporary until I find a suitable replacement, or someone fills my request.
Spoiler for Oh no, my beloved peasant village!:
Spoiler for Oh no, my beloved peasant church! ...wait a minute...:
Spoiler for We need a bigger boat...:
Spoiler for Hey, I know this place...:
Spoiler for Hey, I know this place too!:
Spoiler for OMG! A paladin and a dark knight traveling together!:
Spoiler for Wait, who changed the script?:
Spoiler for OMG I'M WALKING ON A MOUNTAIN!!!!:
Spoiler for More of Oracle being... Oracle.:
Spoiler for "That is one scary elf O_O":
Spoiler for Testing the dungeon generator:
Spoiler for I swear Oracle's attitude isn't based on mine:
Spoiler for Enemies be getting ugleh:
Spoiler for So close, yet so far away:
Spoiler for I just thought this was cool in the battle system:
Spoiler for Being a paladin is good!:
Spoiler for Familiar enemy near a familiar town:
Spoiler for Irial being an airhead:
Spoiler for More familiar places!:
Spoiler for Friend of yours, Oracle?:

~DEMO?~
Coming soon, believe it or not.  I need my beta to test what's been added so far.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Looks cool. Good luck on this.