RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] Taking Event System Requests!

Rep:
Level 83
Kidfox70. It happens.
a few things...first i haven't been able to try your demo mjustin, because it says i'm banned from this site, but randomly sometimes (like this one) it will let me on here. I have no idea why i would be banned i don't think i broke any rules, and if i did then no one told me and i was never aloud to fix it AND i was never given a noticed of why i was being banned(though i guess they don't have to do that, but it would be nice to know why i was being banned, i really like this forum and really wanted to be apart of it. and if they don't tell me what i did wrong then i can't fix it and if i join another forum then i will have no idea what went wrong before and will be bound to repeat the mistake). I had alot of things i was going to do, i wrote a day/night tut. which has alot of cool things in it that i haven't seen. i'm also writing a tut on the rock thing i requested, because i made one myself and it works perfectly(one fateless night i randomly realized a way to do it...it took me like 5 hours...), yours is most likly better, whcih is why i wanted to see it. so i'll have to find a way to veiw soon. with that i digress.

but now i come here with a request. when you play a game and level up, as in go from level 1 to level 2. the player has no idea that it has happened unless they go to the menu screen. now i understand that its not that big of a deal, but i want the play to know when he levels up.

say he goes to level 2. level allows the player to know the move rock smash. i want a message maybe to tell him you've gone to level 2 and learned rock smash. i've searched this site and found nothing and i searched google (which means coutless other sites) i found a few things that were like this but not what i want nor described. i also found requests like this and they were never met! PLEASE HELP! THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME! really it means alot!
I don't say bless you when people sneeze, cause i'm not God. Blessing people is his job. Lolo?

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
just put a message event in the common event you make the system in. I made a level system last night in VX. took like 10 minutes. After you get down how you level up, it's just a lot of copy/pasting the common event and changing the switches that turn on and stuff.

Rep:
Level 83
Kidfox70. It happens.
So place a message event within the Rock smash move? that when you gain the Rock Smash move it says the message. so...

Spoiler for:
conditional branch Rock Smash have
Switch Rock Smash=on

else

end
conditional branch Switch Rock Smash= on
You are level 2!
You got Rock Smash!
Switch Rock Smash= off

else

end

Is that how is should do it?
I don't say bless you when people sneeze, cause i'm not God. Blessing people is his job. Lolo?

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
I guess, I'm not really sure what you're talking about. I haven't looked at the event system MJustin made.

But I suppose you could do it how you wrote it there.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
a few things...first i haven't been able to try your demo mjustin, because it says i'm banned from this site, but randomly sometimes (like this one) it will let me on here. I have no idea why i would be banned i don't think i broke any rules, and if i did then no one told me and i was never aloud to fix it AND i was never given a noticed of why i was being banned(though i guess they don't have to do that, but it would be nice to know why i was being banned, i really like this forum and really wanted to be apart of it. and if they don't tell me what i did wrong then i can't fix it and if i join another forum then i will have no idea what went wrong before and will be bound to repeat the mistake)

I checked the ban list and you're not banned nor have ever been. It might be where you're trying to access the site from; some places, like schools and etc... don't allow access to forum sites and other types of sites.

Rep:
Level 83
Kidfox70. It happens.
WOW!!! so after some intense messing around, i found that you could turn your level into a var. and your Xp into a var. i feel like such a noob its not even funny...so now i have to where when ever the Level Var. is 2 (pr whats ever) it is says the message and such! sorry for the noobness and thanks. also if anyone is interested the rock request i made and Mjustin. i thought of something else that was cool, a rock that can go through things, say you can't go through a bunch of fire thats in your way, but if you could you could hit the switch on the over side to turn off the flames!!! well i made my rock able to go through the flames and turn off the switch if anyone is interested....

Modern algebra, i try to get on at home...i'm at school right now and i'm fine...i really am grateful that you looked into it.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 06:10:40 PM by Kidfox70 »

Rep:
Level 83
Spriter
Thank you Mjustin, is it also possible to see for how much they are sold at that moment?
You're in the credits of the game(Space Gears,http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,34706.new.html)

Rep:
Level 87
Embrace the stillness of eternity.
Yes, just add these into the event (outlined in red):

Spoiler for:

Also, thanks for crediting me. It's nice to know my work is appreciated.

Rep:
Level 83
Spriter
Okay, got it.

Hurr durr
Rep:
Level 87
Hamburger? What Hamburger?
Can you make me a cooking system? I would have the desire for it to have the capability for two items, and one as well.
Thanks in advance.
Current Project:
Altaria: Deus ex Machina (in progress)

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Yeah, I made a cooking system and MJustin improved on it. I have my version with his edits in the topic.
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,31724.0.html

Rep:
Level 87
Embrace the stillness of eternity.
That looks more like a farming system to me. Well, I guess you could eat the plants.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
HAHAHA wow, I don't know why I did that. Yeah that's farming .__.