RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] Taking Event System Requests!

Rep:
Level 86
I hate everyone except the ones I don't hate...
TAKING EVENT SYSTEM REQUESTS
[/glow][/size]
Both I (Demonic Blade for those who haven't realized yet) and Ceegamus will take various event system
requests! Do request ANYTHING and we will let you know if we could do it!

Event System Requests so far: 1
Event System Requests Completed: 1 (100%)

Attached is a demo for every event system you've requested and we've completed.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 04:13:16 PM by modern algebra »
I wonder how many of my-reps are there for a reason, and not just because some jackass wanted to show off in front of some other jackasses...?
Probably a lot of them - and those people sure as hell don't deserve my pity, let alone my disgust.
That's right, let's see some more -Rep'ing! BOOYEAH!!

Rep:
Level 85
Can you make something like:

If "item" used, change location to map1,x,y

I can find how to do it if I assign a key to do it, but if I do autorun or something, it will crash the game.

Can you do something like this?

Thanks

- Caesis

Rep:
Level 86
Sure, and I would recommend you use parralel process, since it usualy (always, actually) works.

I'll get on it, it's not too hard. You want a demo?
I wonder how many of my-reps are there for a reason, and not just because some jackass wanted to show off in front of some other jackasses...?
Probably a lot of them - and those people sure as hell don't deserve my pity, let alone my disgust.

Rep:
Level 85
No thanks. I think I figure out how to do it but ...

How can I make it so "item used" triggers it, not "item in invintory" or "item equiped"

Rep:
Level 86
You don't need all that stuff such as "in inventory". You need a common event (no trigger), 3 variables, and an item!

Demo attached!

Rep:
Level 86
Yeah... about that.....
Demonic, if you want (and if anyone ever requests...), I could try helping you out with this.

I can't sprite or produce other resources worth crap, but I am starting to get good with Eventing.
This is a signature.

Rep:
Level 86
Sure! I'll edit the first post (or maybe make a new topic all together. People seem to like ignoring me :P)

Rep:
Level 86
Yeah... about that.....
If you want, I could send you a game with a bunch of demos I've made for my various games.
This is a signature.

Rep:
Level 86
Sure, I could upload 'em all up. And some of my own stuff as well (I won't upload everything)

Now, back to the topic... ANY REQUESTS?

Rep:
Level 86
Yeah... about that.....
Bunch of different demos in one game.
This is a signature.

Rep:
Level 86
Nice. Will take a look and put 'em up.

Rep:
Level 86
Yeah... about that.....
M'kay.  Lemme know if I screwed something up.

That happens to me a lot when I transfer stuff between games.
This is a signature.

Rep:
Level 86
Something that you might want to try to fix is exiting the album. Apart from that, I see no bugs in it ;)

Rep:
Level 86
Yeah... about that.....
I don't seem to have a problem with the album...

Oh, shit!  I just realized I never said how to use the album!

Lemme fix that.
This is a signature.

Rep:
Level 86
So it already IS possible to exit? Ah, well, good idea to get that written down.  I will download the new one then.

Rep:
Level 86
Yeah... about that.....
Yeah, and there's three different pages of pictures.  I added the text to what was already there.

L & R (Q &W by default) switch the pages left and right respectively, and hitting (I believe) A (Z by default) will exit.
This is a signature.

Rep:
Level 86
I think that X would be easier to remember though (that would be Esc). If you just did so that you cannot enter the menu when viewing it, that should work.

Rep:
Level 86
Yeah... about that.....
I'll look into it when I get my laptop back.  I'm on my dad's right now.
This is a signature.

Rep:
Level 85
You don't need all that stuff such as "in inventory". You need a common event (no trigger), 3 variables, and an item!

Demo attached!
Thanks alot. I modified it so it will teleport you to a location, and then teleport you back to where you were before you teleported =)

(I'm making a house system :D)

Rep:
Level 85
Umm

I need an evented time of day.

like "fade when it gets dark"
Automaticly or by called event.

My attemps keep crashing the game >.>

Thanks alot
- Caesis

Rep:
Level 86
Yeah... about that.....
In order to make a day night system, just have a common event that changed the screen color tone.  I tried (-136,-136,-136,0), @60.   Just call it when you want the day to turn to night.  To switch back, have a second common event that changes the screen to 0 again @60 frames.

Working on a demo.

EDIT: Try this.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 11:34:59 AM by ceegamus »
This is a signature.

Rep:
Level 85
I tried a day and night with loops and conditional branches with no good result. I'll try this out inna sec.

Thanks
- Caesis

Rep:
Level 86
nice, I never understand why people want day/night systems so advanced, when you can make it this simple.

However, I think one common event would be enough, and I don't think you'd need switches, but that's your choice ;)

Rep:
Level 86
Yeah... about that.....
Well, most people want day and night systems that they don't have to think about.  You set what time the game starts, and then just get to basically forget about it.

With this type, you have to do a lot more input.

Yeah, there was prolly a better way to do it, but I have RMXP installed onto a jump drive and was doing it on someone else's computer, so I was trying to hurry up and get it done.
This is a signature.

Rep:
Level 85
here is something but i dont know or it is possible with event systems only:
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,28600.0.html
hope you know a way:P