RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] Simple Fishing System

Rep:
Level 86
I hate everyone except the ones I don't hate...
This is my newest event system, that allows you to fish IF you have a fishing rod and IF you have bait. Also, the bait used provides a bonus, and every time you make a succesful catch, your fishing experience goes up, and your fishing skill level also provides a bonus! So far, no graphics but if you have any charsets of a fishing character, plz post it!

It uses a number of variables and a common event, and then that is all. Bait and items are required and sample items and weapon has been included (no pics though).

Will upload a screen ASAP.

Do comment on ít, tell me what could be better, if you like it etc.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 04:14:08 PM by modern algebra »
I wonder how many of my-reps are there for a reason, and not just because some jackass wanted to show off in front of some other jackasses...?
Probably a lot of them - and those people sure as hell don't deserve my pity, let alone my disgust.
That's right, let's see some more -Rep'ing! BOOYEAH!!

Rep:
Level 85
i like the system, but it should be harder to fish better fish, like a chance from one 5 that you catch a whale and a chance from one one 3 that you catch salmon, also it should be more easy to fish higher level fish with better bait, besides that it is a nice system (the humor :tpg:)

Rep:
Level 83
Apprentice Mapper
its awsome!
Im a RPG Maker Vetren, ive used 2K, 2K3, RMXP, and RMVX, I have my likes and dislikes with them all.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
No lectures on necroposting shall take place.

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
Onward to failure! March you heathens, MARCH!
Hm, this is a very good system which I'm afriad I won't be using in the near future, but good netherless!

I am very, very new to RMXP coding, so I don't know what you are doing here that well, but what I do notice is that you don't name your variables. I don't know if this is just for the example, or if you plan to keep it that way, but you may want to name your variables! Other than that it's fine.

Anyway, a cookie for making a great fishing system! 4/5

~Darkblast
The biggest mistake of RMRK since 2009...
~Darkblast

Rep:
Level 83
where is the script? ^^

can't wait to use it!!
it's wonderful..

you guy never now when to stop..
i like it! ^^

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
This is an EVENT system, not a script.

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Here

credit tana

Rep:
Level 83
oh, i see.. thanks zylos..

hmmh..
so this is event system..

it's not finish yet?
or this just a tutorial?

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
No, it's not a tutorial, and by the looks of it, it's certainly finished. It uses regular events to let the player fish. You download the demonstration attached to the first post, you open it, look at how everything is done, and copy over all the events from the demo to your own project (including the common event and variables).