RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] Bank Event System

Rep:
Level 86
Yeah... about that.....
EDIT:  whewt!  First Event System for VX (on RMRK, anyways)!!

I'm starting making a game in VX, and I decided I wanted a banking system.

The one I'm including is a direct copy from my game, so it uses variable 1.  If you want to use this in your game, either be sure variable one is open, or go through and change the event for your own devices.

If you use this in your game, credit would be nice, but not required.

Enjoy!

EDIT:  Screens for Everyone!!

Spoiler for Screens:

EDIT2:  Added an Input number style of banking.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 03:57:45 PM by modern algebra »
This is a signature.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
people would love it if you included pictures of the event screen :)
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 86
Yeah... about that.....
OK, screens Posted.

Thanks for the heads up, Nouman.
This is a signature.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
It's pretty nice, but I am wondering why do you make it so that you can only put in fixed amounts of money. I think it'd be better to use the Input Number command like this

Code: [Select]
@>Loop
  @>Text: \GHow much would you like to deposit?
  @>Input Number [XXX: Transaction Amount], 4 digits
  @> Control Variables: [YYY: Party Gold] = Gold
  @>Conditional Branch: Variable [XXX] <= Variable [YYY]
    @>Break Loop
    @>
    : Branch END
  @>Text: You do not have enough \v[XXX] Gold
  @>Show Choices: Let me try again..., Forget it
   : When [Let me try again...]
      @>
   : When [Forget it]
      @>Exit Event Processing
   : Branch End
 :Repeat Above
@>Control Variables: [ZZZ: Money in Bank] += Variable [XXX: Transaction Amount]
@>Text: You now have \v[ZZZ] in the bank! Please come again

That would only be for deposit, but it'd be a similar thing for withdrawal. In any case, it would make it a bit more dynamic, and so I think it would be worth your time to do it that way.

Rep:
Level 86
Yeah... about that.....
I did it like I did because I'm not familiar with many of the event processes, including the Input Number.

Let me go revise it, and I'll post up both versions so people can choose.

What's the "\G" for?
This is a signature.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
\G will show the amount of gold the player currently has in a separate window.

Well, I started on a tutorial for all of the event commands a long time ago for RMXP. I never finished it and some of the explanations may be wrong (I haven't looked at it for a long long time), but I think it has all of the commands I used here. So, I'll send you over. It might help.

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,14229.0.html
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 07:51:25 AM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 86
Yeah... about that.....
OK, Input Style added on a new map on the same game, so it's a different .EXE with the files.
This is a signature.