RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RESOLVED]Moving to a dedicated server, but need help choosing

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
In November, I am just going to go dedicated, since IX craphosting sucks, but I need help choosing a good dedicated hoster.

This is what I would like:

40-50GB Hard Drive Space
70-80GB Bandwidth per month
3MB download cap minimum

My budget is £52 per month ($105), so is there a place I can get a dedicated server for with this budget? I don't mind any of you showing me places that are under my requirements since this is just my desired requirements.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 05:57:11 PM by Tezuka »

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
in before Roph :x

http://servint.net/

ServINT looks absolutely amazing! It is what Roph uses, and is what RMRK and his other web sites are hosted on. Eventually I will also get an account over at ServINT, but at the moment I am on MediaTemple, and can't say that I'm not happy with it :o

by the way your requirements look, a media temple grid account could fit your needs. Its not a dedicated server or anything, but it sure is good and very inexpensive:

http://www.mediatemple.net/webhosting/gs/ <- what I'm hosted on ^^

EDIT: now that I look at it, ServINT (89$ a month) offer does not meet your disk space requirements :o
However if you want to go with MediaTemple, you can get (dv) Range for 100$ a month

Also that price would drop when you find a decent coupon: http://www.retailmenot.com/view/mediatemple.net

If your looking for TONS OF OVERSOLD SPACE, but the worst customer service then Eleven2 is your pick: http://www.eleven2.com/reseller/ really has enough room to abuse :x

But yea, if your able to go down to 30gbs of HD space, I would go for ServINT, if not, then I would highly recommend MediaTemple.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 04:25:03 PM by Nouman »
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Yeah, I have heard they are very reliable, but it is quite a lot, but they are over my budget. Thanks for helping though. :)

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Funniest Member
in before Roph :x

lol that's totally what I was expecting
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
edited first post for more info :o

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
To be honest, I am only going for dedicated because most shared accounts do not allow file storage through ToS, but I have noticed Dedicated server hosters allow it (but you are responsible with what you upload obviously).

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
To be honest, I am only going for dedicated because most shared accounts do not allow file storage through ToS, but I have noticed Dedicated server hosters allow it (but you are responsible with what you upload obviously).

I'm confused about what you mean :o

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Sorry, I was typing in a hurry.

I mean the shared hosting I have tried normally has a rule not to use the web space for anything except webpages.

But Media Temple looks like an awesoem choice, I'll take a look around the website. :)

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?

^^ if you end up going with them, and don't mind using my referral code it is:

http://www.mediatemple.net/go/order/?refdom=gamebean.net

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
I think this can be set to resolved.

Thanks Nouman, I'll remember to use your referal code when ordering!

+rep

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
no problem ^^ and thanks for using it!  : :D

Rep: +0/-0Level 22
RMRK Junior
You can find more offers on [MY DICK, YO]
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 01:42:11 AM by yuyu! »

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
holy smokes what a necropost
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
i mean it's a bot but holy shit, a 9 year old thread. this is one cold corpse

Rep:
Level 79
Hello

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
hey guys remember when trip was a thing

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
it's no more dead than the rest of the forum
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRK2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
oh maaaaaaan pac just tripped ok

stop trippin ok
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRK2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
also I'm banning the spambot now
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]