RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RMVX] Script - Default Font Change

Rep:
Level 85
Default Font Options
Version: 1.0
Author: CruzCoda
Date: April 20th, 2008

Version History

• Version 1.0 - Created Script. Changes basic options such as font name, bold, and size.

Planned Future Versions

• Nothing Planned

Description

Simple script to change the default font options of the game.
With just a few changes to the script, the user can easily input which font name('face') they wish to use in their game.
The user can also change the default font size, boldness, italics, and shadowing.

Color is currently not handled.

Features

Adjusts the following Font.default options
  • Font Name
  • Font Size
  • Font Boldness
  • Font Italics
  • Font Shadowing

Screenshots

Instructions

Installation -
  • To install the script, open the script editor in RPGMVX, then scroll down to the 'Materials' section.
  • Right-Click underneath and select 'Insert'
  • Name the new script whatever you wish. Game_Font or Change_Font might be helpful though.
  • Copy the script, then paste it into the editor.

Usage -

Simply replace the values with your own.

For example, to use different font names, replace ["Times New Roman"] with ["Courier New"]
Make sure that font names used are either standard Windows fonts, or that you supply a secondary font name as a backup.
IE: ["CruzCodas Gum", "Times New Roman"]

Bold, Italics, Shadow are all TRUE/FALSE
Size is an integer. RPGMVX default size is 20

Script

#==============================================================================
# Script that changes the default font settings.
#==============================================================================

Font.default_size = 18            # Default - 20
Font.default_name = ["Times New Roman"]   # Font names are used in order. If the first is not available, the second will be used, etc..
Font.default_bold = TRUE         # Default - FALSE
Font.default_italic = FALSE         # Default - FALSE
Font.default_shadow = TRUE         # Default - TRUE

Credit

• CruzCoda - Jamison Henthorn
  • RPGMVX Help file

Thanks

• Enterbrain - For making such a great tool.

Support

I can be reached cruzcoda@cruzcoda.com, or in this thread.

Known Compatibility Issues

Not sure if it'll work with earlier versions of RPGM.

Demo

N/A

Author's Notes

Wanted to change the font style of the game. Don't get me wrong, I like Arial/Courier, but they were just too big.

Restrictions

None. Use it as you like.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Good for supplementary knowledge, altough I think most people know how do it already. :P
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 85
*chuckles* More than likely. Was more a beginners scripting project that I felt like sharing.  ;D

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
It's definitely useful for beginners. I am surprised you took the time to put it into the Script Template though. That must have taken longer than writing the script did :P

Anyway, nice job.

Rep:
Level 85
Being my first post, and first contribution, figured I would follow the stickied stuff for the board, lest I be mocked by a thousand pigeons for all of my days... or something equally horrible. *g*

Now, for my next script, "Hello, World!"

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 86

Rep:
Level 86
I hate everyone except the ones I don't hate...
Now, for my next script, "Hello, World!"

:lol:
:D

Will I have to do that too? Anyways, nice! I know that I don't know how to change all that stuff in VX!

And OKAY then...

:D
I wonder how many of my-reps are there for a reason, and not just because some jackass wanted to show off in front of some other jackasses...?
Probably a lot of them - and those people sure as hell don't deserve my pity, let alone my disgust.
That's right, let's see some more -Rep'ing! BOOYEAH!!