RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
(Resolved^_^)Vista:tremulous problems?

Rep:
Level 89
When i start installing tremulous it installs normally. but i notice that when it finishes the is no shortcuts. when it try playing the game. it says there something missing. Is vista involved in someway?

« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 10:19:38 PM by Kefka »

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
no, it isnt. I played Tremulous with only one error having to do with changing the resolution just fine on Vista.

Rep:
Level 89
i try a alternative...
it also failed...
desperate for help.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I have an idea, switch back to XP. J/K

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
vista

Found your problem :)
bringing sexy back

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Tremulous has it's own forum, you should ask there.

Quote from: TREMULOUS FAQ: Check here before asking questions!
Q: I get the error 'GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem' when I try to run Tremulous!
A: This error is caused by the game not being able to detect your Open GL drivers for your graphics card.  There are two things you can try to resolve this issue:

-If you are using your vendors graphic card drivers (i.e. Asus, Abit), try using your manufacturer's graphic card drivers (i.e. ATI, Nvidia)
      -If you are using the manufacturer's graphic card drivers, try using the vendors card drivers.
      -If the above steps fail, try uninstalling your graphic card drivers completely, rebooting, then reinstalling the latest set of drivers, rebooting a second time, and trying to run Tremulous again.

Note:  ATI's Windows Vista Beta 2 drivers DO NOT INCLUDE OPEN GL.  There is currently no known work around until ATI updates their drivers with open gl support

Look at the last line.

Note:  ATI's Windows Vista Beta 2 drivers DO NOT INCLUDE OPEN GL.  There is currently no known work around until ATI updates their drivers with open gl support
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 89
Tremulous has it's own forum, you should ask there.

Quote from: TREMULOUS FAQ: Check here before asking questions!
Q: I get the error 'GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem' when I try to run Tremulous!
A: This error is caused by the game not being able to detect your Open GL drivers for your graphics card.  There are two things you can try to resolve this issue:

-If you are using your vendors graphic card drivers (i.e. Asus, Abit), try using your manufacturer's graphic card drivers (i.e. ATI, Nvidia)
      -If you are using the manufacturer's graphic card drivers, try using the vendors card drivers.
      -If the above steps fail, try uninstalling your graphic card drivers completely, rebooting, then reinstalling the latest set of drivers, rebooting a second time, and trying to run Tremulous again.

Look at the last line.

so it is vista involved?

I have an idea, switch back to XP. J/K
i don't have $99 to buy it. Boe needs i more anyways.

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
If you are using ATI's drivers from a Windows Update, uninstall them because they have many things missing (Some backwards compatibility and OpenGL)

Go through the steps through HERE and find your catalyst drivers version.

If it is NVIDIA, you maybe stuck with this problem as NVIDIA has some issues with Vista.

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
If you are using ATI's drivers from a Windows Update, uninstall them because they have many things missing (Some backwards compatibility and OpenGL)

If it is NVIDIA, you maybe stuck with this problem as NVIDIA has some issues with Vista.

Or update the drivers for it ?_?

Here

=x

Rep:
Level 89

Or update the drivers for it ?_?

Here

=x

thx it works  :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) +rep