RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
I'm trying to change my avatar to something else, and it won't allow me to.  I have no idea why, considering I saved it as all filetypes, and made it the same size as the picture I currently have.  Also, the guy in the black trench is NOT what I want, thats the size I made the other pic to make sure it would fit the requirements.  I have no idea why it won't work.  Ideas?

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
The size for avatars is 105X150.

Try this one.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
The change just went through... Strange.  It took like 5 minutes.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Avatars are stored as normal images, not served dynamically like a default SMF install does. This puts less load on this server, but some browsers might think the image hasn't changed when it actually has, so will still show an outdated cached version =(

Pressing ctrl+F5 will make your browser do a hard refresh (ignore cache, load everything freshly), which would show your new avatar =).

There's some settings in place from where the avatars are served to tell browsers to automatically force a refresh of the images if it's been 3 days since they last loaded them. Any longer we thought would be more impractical, any less and the bandwidth usage goes up alot. Not that we're short on bandwidth (sup RMRK radio =D), but as it is now, RMRK uses over 5 GB a month just from avatars =o.

If your new avatar is a different filetype to your old one (say your old is .jpg, new is .png or .gif), you'd see it straight away of course  :blizj:
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 03:48:38 AM by Roph »
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
^

What he said. :o
:tinysmile:

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
^

What he said. :o

:spam:

:x

I'm only kidding halo. I <3 you.

Spoiler for:
:spam:
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
I'm allowed to spam, mister. :mad:
:tinysmile: