RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RPG MAKER PS1 PROJECT FOR SCHOOL(Any advice?)

Rep:
Level 85
Yeah i know the console versions of RPG maker are'nt very good but I need help bad,the only computer I have is a 98 windows that has a broken USB drive and a Broken cd Tray (so that rules out the good RPG makers).
        You see my english teacher found out that messed around with RPG maker a lot,and for a end of the year project
he told me to give him a game for him and he would grade it.The game is built around a template that I designed for a failed project(Well template as in similar).The "Battle System" relies on a series of events triggered by probability,which means It uses a lot of Data (Not to mention the large amount of text explaning the events).

"Villagers" and town people each have at least 3 different Events they can perform (Also based on probability) and
The Dungeons take up at least 45x60 squares at least(Except for Houses/Cabins)

Due to the large amount of data i am forced to put sections of the game into....Wait for it....Wait for it....7 DIFFERENT MEMORY CARDS!!!
1-System data1
2-event Data-2
3-Mission System data (missions required to progress the storyline on the first two memory cards)-1
4-Mission Event Data-1
5-System Data-2
6-Event Data-2
7-custom character modules

Now that I think about it I might need 9 memory cards for the Mission Data-2,i'm about 15% done (Yeah,I know) and have been working on this for a while.

I was just wondering any advice on RPG maker 1?Any advice at all is welcome.
Hours spent so far on RPG MAKER ONE PS1:210:34

FURRY 4 LIFE. Here kitty kitty kitty....
Rep:
Level 87
so... there are a number of things i don't know like what version of PS are you using? if its ps1 your boned if its anything higher just use a memory card for ps2 (or 3 if you have it) they have much more space
"screaming out the mating call. i've become the lord of love"

caramelldansen forever!

Rep:
Level 85
I'm using both a PS2 and a old decrepit PS1,i only use a ps2 memorycard to hold and store Data,the ps1 games won't recongnize the PS2 memorycard,so I just go to pawnshops and buy old ps1 memorycards.

Rep:
Level 87
right well then my advice is buy a computer that doesn't suck and use RM(XP)(2k3)(VX) it doesn't need be be one of those 2,000$ computers you should be able to get one that can work well for about 200$ or less (my computer only cost me 300$ and can play games like halo and oblivion) as long as you buy it used try craigs list or ebay i'm sure you will use it for many things other than just RM

also if you don't want to spend 200$ on a computer just tell your teacher you can't do that project, explain why, then ask for another one

and lastly if you WANT to buy a computer but don't have 200$ ask to borrow the money from your parents or a friend (good luck finding a friend who will lend you 200$) then get a job to pay them back

caramelldansen forever!

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
yeah, best advice I can give you on the subject is to not use the PSOne version of RPG Maker, sorry man

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
you can also get devices that can backup memory cards to pcs :D

Rep:
Level 85
Alright so,i guess I got to go get a computer then I guess RPG MAKER all that time was wasted unless there's some way I can get my data transfered onto a computer(Haha,yeah right....)
I guess i'll get either xp or 2000,vx i don't really know much about.
What language do they use?Or do they even use a language!

i used 2000 once and it was only for a hour on my schools computer before the librarian saw and deleted it.

Rep:
Level 87
2k3 and 2000 are pretty much the same except 2k3 has more events so i don't suggest using 2000 also i used VX and in my opinion it wasn't very good so if i were you i would either get 2k3 or xp

caramelldansen forever!