RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
IMPORTANT: Job Discussion

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
I've been worrying that things are getting a little confusing, looking at the teams list. And Malson confirmed this when he brought it up in IRC. Many of you are taking on several jobs. While you may be able to handle it, it seems as though it could cause more problems than not. All of a sudden eventers are writers, artists are scipters, and scripters are mappers.

I left it open to apply for multiple jobs because I didn't expect to get 30 people joining the guilds, which we have now. At the same time, I know some of you WANT to do more than one thing, while others just listed everything they're good at.

Know that this doesn't necessarily mean that if you're a sprite artist you can't do any mapping. If your guild decides it needs more mappers and you can handle it then go for it. It may seem as though you may be falling a bit short this way, but with everyone honing in on their strengths rather than spreading themselves thin, I think things will go smoother.

As of now I'm going to leave this up to individual guild decision unless things begin to get utterly nuts and then I may have to step in. Though it should be noted Gold Team, that BAG has seemingly already started to implement this. So although a suggestion, please discuss it.
:tinysmile:

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
I think it should be each guilds responsibility to organize themselves and how jobs to each team member will be distributed.
The main purpose behind what jobs people officially sign up as was to help making somewhat equal and well-rounded guild teams.
In addition it could help during the up-start phase as to distribute various jobs.

The question you have here could also be formulated as such: (in a more general way)
If one of the guilds begin to falter due to an organizational mess, should you intervene?

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
I hate you Zeriab for being able to say things in a much simpler and efficient way than I seem to be able to. Yet... I love you. 8| Your alien intelligence far surpasses my mere human intelligence.

Anyway, I should have read what I had typed before I posted because I didn't really get my thoughts out very well. I was trying to hold up a conversation in IRC, create a new membergroup and board (related to discussion in IRC), and type that post all at once. So I'll try again here.

I want to stress that this is up to each individual guild to maintain organization. My worry was that now that there are so many members with several jobs each, that some people may end up not having much part in this because they had only wanted to do ONE thing.

But seeing as BAG is already handling this themselves and there doesn't seem to be a problem with this as of yet for the Gold Team, then maybe there's really no need for this topic :lol:
:tinysmile:

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
err ok.
i'm only composer now..

leader.
Arlen is hot.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92