RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[AVAILABLE] Title screen

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
I would like to know how I make a title screen without this boring
square in the middle, I want it more like Quintessense and Shades.
How do I do that?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 05:32:44 PM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Well, I believe that Quintessence's title screen is evented, and he probably did it by following the Cutscene Before Title tutorial we have in the database, then eventing the mechanics of starting a game.

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
Where do I input this??

2) Make a new scene with the following code:

class Scene_Cutscene
def main
    $data_actors        = load_data("Data/Actors.rxdata")
    $data_tilesets      = load_data("Data/Tilesets.rxdata")
    $data_common_events = load_data("Data/CommonEvents.rxdata")
    $data_system        = load_data("Data/System.rxdata")
    $data_mapInfos     = load_data("Data/MapInfos.rxdata")
    $game_temp          = Game_Temp.new
    $game_system        = Game_System.new
    $game_switches      = Game_Switches.new
    $game_variables     = Game_Variables.new
    $game_self_switches = Game_SelfSwitches.new
    $game_screen        = Game_Screen.new
    $game_actors        = Game_Actors.new
    $game_party         = Game_Party.new
    $game_map           = Game_Map.new
    $game_player        = Game_Player.new
    @save_max = 3
    for i in 0..@save_max     
      if FileTest.exist?("Save#{i+1}.rxdata") : $scene = Scene_Title.new end
    end
    $game_map.setup(!!!!!!!!!!)
    $game_player.moveto(XXX, YYY)
    $game_player.refresh
    $game_map.update
    $scene = Scene_Map.new
  end
end

5) Change the "!!!!!!!!!!" in the script with the ID of the map, and "XXX" and "YYY" with the coordinates you want the hero to start at.

Rep:
Level 89
A rittle much...? Or not nearry enough!?
Well I'm not sure if you figured this out yet or not, or forgot about it, you put it above Main..

Rep:
Level 86
I hate everyone except the ones I don't hate...
First: Necro = others usually get angry ;)

And for the menu (now that I can do it without necro'ing): Check out the Chrono Triggers menu. Only the main menu looks a bit different I think. And it allows you to have a round box instead of a rectangular one.

Cheers, and roger out!
I wonder how many of my-reps are there for a reason, and not just because some jackass wanted to show off in front of some other jackasses...?
Probably a lot of them - and those people sure as hell don't deserve my pity, let alone my disgust.
That's right, let's see some more -Rep'ing! BOOYEAH!!